Chapter one

Ferly 2

 

Chapter one

 

It'd been a month since School started and nearly two months since she had to say good bye to GO, something she looked back on and still felt a bit foolish about. He'd told her he loved her, that was something she'd never expect from anyone... ok, obviously she'd expect it from her family and friends and all that but from a guy who meant he loved her... like that... It aggravated her that he had to leave but deep down she didn't know if she could act normal as his girlfriend.

 

There seemed to be no escape these days, While Grandmother didn't talk about him, she knew that Grandmother still felt angry at Jonghyun for “betraying” her... Amber couldn't deal with it, she felt like tearing out her hair everytime she and Grandmother went at it about Jjong so she just gave up the argument and spent as much time away from “home” as possible... it left her really wishing she had a place to call her own, while her friends houses all were nice to go to, the only place she really enjoyed being at was school and the church she'd recently started volunteering at.

 

“Can you hand me that Donghae?” Amber smiled as she looked up at her more newer friend, Lee Donghae who ran an outreach program for their church. He was a good looking older guy who was always busy helping others or providing for his little family.

 

“Sure thing little Dino~ you've really been a help these past weeks, you should really take a break.” Donghae smiled as he handed her a roll of tape and helped tape the end of the poster Amber was trying to hang that was just a bit to high for her.

 

“I like being here.” Amber gave a smiled and stepped back to look at their handy work. It was a poster for a Christmas toy and food drive their church was doing for the near by orphanage and homeless shelters in their area.

 

“Still, you're a student, your school work should come first, school's important.”

 

“Says the guy who dropped out to have two jobs and head something like this on the side.”

 

Donghae sighed and patted Amber on the back, “I dropped out to support my girlfriend and our baby, If I could I woulda graduated high school and enrolled in a college, something you should do Amber-ssi.”

 

“how is little Bada?” she asked, referring to Donghae's six year old daughter.

 

“good, and don't change the subject Amber, I feel responsible for keeping you away from your life, you should be working on school work and interacting with your family and friends, not using all of your time and energy helping me out...”

 

“I'm doing it for the community.”

 

“You've done a lot for the community, you should start thinking about your self.” Donghae grinned and wrapped an arm around her shoulders, “You really are good at this though, the kids all love you and the elderly adore you.”

 

The young girl looked up and beamed, “yeah? Glad I can help.” She pulled away and turned towards Donghae, “You ready to go?”

 

“I still don't think it's a good idea Amber, you're young and some of these people... well they've fallen on hard times, some of them are desperate.”

 

“I can handle it Hae, I promise not to do anything to stupid hyungie.” Amber grabbed Donghae's hand and pulled him towards the entrance of the Church, “I promised you I'd stick with it and I really wanna help as much as I can.”

 

“You seem to make a lot of promises these days.” Donghae sighed, giving up on trying to convince her other wise- something he learned in the last few months about Amber was that she had a stubborn side that couldn't be denied, “you need to stay close to me though, no giving anyone your personal information or fallowing them outside.”

 

“I won't leave your site Donghae, I'll be your shadow.” they headed towards his car. The drive to the homeless shelter was filled with casual talk and comfortable silence- that'd been them since Amber started hanging around Donghae, they some how were instantly comfortable around each other, maybe even more then Amber had ever been with anyone other other Jjong... Jjong, he called all the time but it wasn't the same, having her uncle gone was like someone had torn a piece of her heart out.

 

“You ok Amber, not nervous are you?” Donghae questioned as he glanced over at the highschooler.

 

“yeah, just thinking about Jonghyun... I miss him.” apparently after a month of living with his friend Jjong felt he needed to enlist in military service right that minute so he could be doing something productive, she hadn't seen his face since he left home.

 

Donghae patted Amber's head and sighed, “we just have to have faith everything will work out Amber.” he bit his lip, hoping he could say more, say everything. A month ago he discovered he was related to Amber, months after their first meeting. It was strange, his car was in the shop so Eunhyuk had to pick him up and that's when he discovered Eunhyuk was her teacher and later that day when Amber was home Eunhyuk made a comment that she was Jonghyun's niece... Kim Jonghyun who was Donghae knew as his half sibling younger half sibling, the very reason he's moved to Kwangju to begin with... how could he tell Amber that though, how could he just say 'yeah, me and Jonghyun go way back, we've got the same dad after all'? she'd probably think he was only her friend to get to know Jonghyun or something.

 

“yeah, I just miss him... It's strange really, every time I'm around you, you remind me of him almost, it's pretty funny really.” the smile on her face broke his heart... if only he could tell her, maybe then he really could find out if he and Jonghyun were so alike...

 

“ah, I really gotta meet this Jonghyun guy, he's sounding more and more interesting by the minute.” Donghae teased.

 

“the most interesting! And handsome too oppa!” Amber grinned and poked Donghae's cheek, “to bad you and him don't share that feature.”

 

Once they reached a shabby building with the number 8994 written on top of a large set of double doors, they got out and walked inside, finding quite a few people talk and waiting inline as they were served a meager dinner of rice, meat and veggies- it was small portions but with the amount of money given from the government it was all their little charity could afford.

 

“Ah, you made it! Who's this?” a tall beautiful woman with a thin figure and a warm skin tone bounded up to them.

 

“This the girl I told you about, the one from my church group.”

 

“ah! Amber Liu, welcome welcome.” the women smiled widely and lead Amber into the building with an arm around her shoulders, “I'm Choi Sooyoung, my parents run this little facility and me and my siblings help out as well, we really appreciate you and Donghae coming in as well.”

 

“It's no problem at all.” Amber stated as she looked around and looked at some of the people there. From babies to the elderly, they either stood in line waiting for food or sat one plastic chairs near plastic tables. Some of them looked fine but there were others that looked ragged and warn, dark circles under their eyes and greasy hair.

 

“well we have plenty of servers so why don't you go around and make sure everyone is doing well, if you have any questions feel free to ask.”

 

Amber was left alone to wander around. She didn't quit know what to do, she'd never been to a place like this but she didn't want to let Donghae down. Sitting down next to an old man she smiled, “Hello, I'm Amber.”

 

the old man smiled a nearly toothless smiled, “nice ta meet'cha kid.”

 

“how's the meal, everything good?”

 

“As good as food like this can be on a cold day like this... rice could be cooked longer...”

 

“uncle they just brought out rolls, I snagged you one- er, who's this?” Amber froze as she spotted Kim Himchan, on the more notoriously bad kids in her class standing there near the old man she'd been talking to holding a plate of food.

 

“Eh,” Amber stood up abruptly and gave a little bow, “Amber Liu, we're classmates.” she tried to ignore the fact that he didn't even recognize her even though they were class together and were even assigned a project to do together... he could at least remember her face for crying out loud. She let it go though, he was asleep during most of the day or gone anyways so perhaps he just didn't recognize anyone from their school.

 

Himchan raised an eyebrow, trying not to show the worry he was feeling right now- he'd been caught, he'd never want anyone to know he was a charity case yet here was Amber Liu, the chick that everyone talked about standing infront of him. If anyone found out he went to places like this it'd ruin his tough guy appearance... but then again, what was she doing here, was she a poor kid too?

 

“eh, Himchan?”

 

“ah, I remember!” Himchan coughed and placed his plate down ontop of the table, “if you'll excuse us uncle, I kinda wanna talk to my classmate alone.”

 

“ah yes, take your time.” uncle stated as he eyed his nephew's plate.

 

Himchan guided Amber away to a more secluded area and placed both hands on her shoulders, “Yah, what're you doing here?”

 

“er, I'm volunteering...” If Himchan was here... did that mean he was poor? How was he even able to pay the tuition if he could barely afford a meal?

 

“great,” Himchan grumbled and crossed his arms over his chest, swarms of 'what the hell do I do now' and 'my reputation is dead' thoughts bussed in his head.

 

As if sensing what he was thinking, She stated, “er, hey, uh, I won't tell anyone that you go here, I mean it's none of my business and I'm pretty good at keeping secrets.” Amber tried to smile reassuringly.

 

“Will you?” he exclaimed, then shook his head and said in a more tough guy fashion, “do what ever you want.”

 

he gave a little shrug, making Amber want to laugh, she held it back though, “alright, You should get back to your dinner though, it's looks like your uncle's nearly finished with your meat.”

 

“huh?” he looked away for a second then back to find her already leaving to talk to more people. He watched her the rest of the night interacting with the other homeless and financially needy people, smiling and giving them little reassuring gestures. He'd never really cared to pay attention to her until that night, he'd been more interested in playing thug last year and they hadn't been in the same class... that night though, her smile was pretty and made him wonder how someone could be that nice looking while surrounded by some many dirty people.

 

 

 

“I decided my new target this year.” Himchan stated as made it to his friends little court year at school. He grinned and pushed Zelo off his seat onto the ground and sat down in his spot.

 

“ah yeah? The famous Kim Himchan back on the market! Who's it this time, Bae Suzy?”

 

Himchan grinned, his lips, letting the suspense fill the court yard before finally saying, “little Amber liu.”

 

His friends laughed loudly, as if it'd been a joke but by the stubborn grin on his face his friends found them selves baffled by their friend's choice, “You serious man, you usually go after... girls...”

 

“Amber's a girl, a very innocent and sweet girl actually.” Himchan chuckled, knowing good and well how caught off guard they were. It was true, he usually went after girls like Suzy or Hara, but there was just something that made him curious when it came to her- just a little fling, that's all he needed, then he could go back to normal.

 

If only he knew just what he was getting himself into...

 

 

(AN: You guys still like me 0.0 I didn't think even a quarter of the people from the first Ferly would be back yet I have so many subs before the first chapter... I'm happy^-^

 

It took me a month of writing and deleting this chapter to finally come up with this, finally chapter one of Ferly Part 2 is out!!!... now I just need to work on chapter two, then three then- well, you get the picture...

 

Been kinda going crazy with my Christmas shopping, I swear if I let my self I'd bring my self into bankruptcy during this time of year... but I mean, I love shopping, like I don't really even care if I get anything outta it, I just like getting things... I got a problem...

 

anyways, hope chapter one was good^^)