Our Secret

Love Story

 

Senior year was the most crucial year for any high school student. There were dozens of tests to study for and waiting for acceptance letters from universities, by the time the school year is over most seniors are either bald or gray. Most seniors go through this process, all but Kim MyungSoo. He has everything ready for him on a silver plate. Different universities from all over the world have already offered him a spot in their freshman year class next year! He's no genius but he is filthy rich. He comes from two Harvard graduates, who just so happens to be two of the world’s most respected computer program developers. They are bigger than Microsoft and Apple combine! He had everything figure out already, all he had left to do was pick a school and show up next year. 
 
YuNi pouts at the sight of MyungSoo with his group of friends. Why were they always laughing? She wished she could be like them, carefree and wild. Unlike them she was reserve and timid. Studying and applying for collage applications were always on her mind. She didn't have time to do things like watch a movie or go on beach trips. Even if she did have time there was no one to go with her.
 
YuNi sighs and gathers up all her courage to walk over to them. She avoided them since her freshman year and never dare to look over their way once but today she couldn't avoid it. Her legs started to shake and her palms started to sweat as she approach them. One by one they started to notice her walking towards them and stop talking. YuNi could hear her heart thumping against her chest as she got closer to the group of populars. 
 
MyungSoo and his girlfriend Suzy finally stops talking to look over to YuNi. She had stopped two feet in front of the group and stood stone still looking at MyungSoo. YuNi swallowed a big gulp of saliva down and breathe out. MyungSoo gave her a questioning look before YuNi made a move. She reaches into her bag and grabs the blue bento box.
 
"What are you doing?" Suzy asks.
 
YuNi stops. "I-" She looks at MyungSoo. "MyungSoo" She clutches onto the box to remember her lines that she wrote out and practice this morning but no words were coming to her and her mind went blank. 
 
"Are you doing what I think you're doing?" Suzy ask standing up. "Don't you dare hand him a gift asking for permission to get closer. I don't know how long you been hiding in your cave but MyungSoo and I are together...again."
 
YuNi let's go of the bento box and pulls out her hand from her bag. She couldn't find anything to say so she avoided everyone’s stares and shook her head. 
 
"Why are you so weird?" One of the girls asks laughing.
 
"Do you even go to our school?" A male's voice asks.
 
"I" YuNi couldn't find words to answer them, why were they asking her so many questions! "Bye" YuNi turned around and ran. 
 
Behind her she could hear them laugh at her and called her names like stupid, retarted and creep. But she was none of those things, she was the second smartest student in the school, she was not retarted just shy and she was not a creep, MyungSoo was! YuNi ran into her classroom and put her head down covering her face with her arms. Why did she even approch them in the first place? She was regretting her actions and decisions. Why did she run? No wonder they called her names.
 
"YuNi-ah!" Jana ran into the class room. "Why did you do that?" She came over to YuNi and nudges her. "The whole school is talking about it."
 
"Argh! Already? Why do things spread so fast around here?" YuNi lift up her head. 
 
"What were you trying to do?"
 
"Nothing, it's stupid."
 
Jana shook her head at YuNi. "You should have use that smart brain of yours and thought about approching MyungSoo before actually doing it. I know you like him but he has a girlfriend. Even if he doesn't have a girlfriend he's too different from you. You guys are from two different worlds."
 
"What two different worlds? We are living in the same world call EARTH! How is he so different from me? We both are humans, you're talking as if I'm some kind of animal." YuNi sits up and shouts at Jana. 
 
"I'm sorry if I upset you YuNi, it's just...let's face it. You are never going to be with MyungSoo. You are not his type."
 
"What exactly is his 'TYPE'?" 
 
"Someone like Suzy."
 
"How do you know? Did you ask him personally?" YuNi puts her head back down covering her head.
 
"YuNi you're being stubborn. I don't have to ask everyone knows. Just look at MyungSoo's past girlfriends they were all like Suzy, beautiful, popular and rich. You on the other hand are different."
 
"I'm beautiful in my own way. Being popular gets you nowhere in life unless you are an idol and being rich is possible."
 
Jana leans down and hugs YuNi. "I know but if MyungSoo doesn't see you attractive what can you do? It's not his fault or yours that he doesn't see you attractive."
 
YuNi push Jana off. "I know but I just get so mad, what makes them think they are so much better than the rest of us? We're all human."
 
----
 
YuNi slips off her converse and walks into the shoe room. On the walls custom shelves line the room. Some were filled with brand name shoes and some were filled with worn and torn shoes while few were empty. YuNi walks over to her section of the wall and slips in her converse and took out her house slipper. At the door Tammy stood and watches YuNi. 
 
"Hi Tammy. Did you have fun at school today?"
 
Tammy walks over to YuNi and took out her converse. "This is my box. You're shoe box is up there." Tammy points up to the highest row.
 
"It's too high besides you don't even use this box." YuNi took her converse from Tammy and stuck them into the box again.
 
Tammy glares at YuNi. "I'm going to buy new shoes soon I need that box. Besides you're shoe is dirty! It doesn't even belong in this house!"
 
"Tammy why are you yelling?" Umma appears at the door. "Are you yelling at your unnie again?"
 
"She took my box." Tammy points to the box where YuNi's shoes were.
 
Umma walks in and took out her own pair of shoes and place them in a different box on the top row. "There use that box and let YuNi unnie have the old one."
 
Tammy was still not happy. "Her shoe belongs in the trash. Look how dirty they are."
 
Umma looks at the shoes. "YuNi I think it's time for a new pair. You can come with Tammy and I this weekend to shoe shop. It can be our girl’s day out." 
 
"NO! That's our thing to do umma." Tammy whines. 
 
"It'll be fun with YuNi unnie too." Umma smiles at YuNi . "I have snacks ready on the kitchen table. Have some if you're hungry. Appa and I are in our work room. Call me if you need anything." Umma looks at Tammy. "Be a good girl Tammy. I have to go back to work."
 
"I need help with my homework."
 
Umma looks at YuNi. "YuNi is very smart, she can help you with your homework." She waves to the two girls before disappearing.
 
Tammy looks at YuNi and cross her arms. "You may help me with my homework but don't think I will like it."
 
YuNi looks at Tammy dumbfounded. "You're the kid, you are supposed to be nice and thankful I am helping you with your homework. And I didn't hear you ask me to help you, you just assume I would help you. Well Tammy I'm not." YuNi walks out of the shoe closet and made her way up the stairs. 
 
Tammy ran up after YuNi. "But mom said you would help me."
 
YuNi opens her door to her room. "Yeah but you didn't ask me to help you so I won't."
 
Tammy pouts sitting on the bed. "Do I have to ask? You know I need help so why not just do it."
 
"Because you're being a brat and being disrespectful."
 
Tammy jumps off the bed. "I'm not a brat! Forget it I don't need your help I can do it by myself!" Tammy storms out of the room.
 
----
 
MyungSoo stood outside of the door thinking if he should knock. This was his house why did he have to knock? MyungSoo reaches for the door knob and then retreats. He couldn't make himself do it. He breathes in and out a few breaths and raise up his fist to knock. Before his hand connected to the door it opens. Tammy stood in the door way with books in her arms and her backpack on.
 
"Hey brat." He waves at her.
 
"I'm not a brat!" Tammy screams at him and then pushes him a side to stomp away.
 
He looks in the room. YuNi was sitting at her desk on her laptop. She turns in her chair to look at him. She was in a loose white shirt and skinny jeans, her usual attire. Her hair was pulled up into a messy bun and her glasses were worn. He noticed earlier she hadn't worn them in school. YuNi close her laptop and stood up.
 
"You just got home?" YuNi looks at the clock, six pm.
 
"Yeah"
 
YuNi walks towards him. "Dinner will be ready soon. You must be hungry, you didn't eat lunch."
 
"And whose fault is that?" He glares at her.
 
YuNi walks pass him out the door. "Not mine, I tried to give it to you."
 
"You should have given it to me in private." He follows her down the stairs.
 
"I didn't think it would be such a big deal but I was totally wrong. It's not my fault your friends are scary."
 
"Oh is that why you choked up and acted like a retard standing there saying nothing."
 
YuNi glares at him. "You could have said something too."
 
"Like?"
 
"I don't know, something instead of letting me stand there like a creep."
 
"You are a creep."
 
"No, you're the creep. You marry me and then won't tell anyone. You even have a girlfriend! I can totally sue you for adultery."
 
MyungSoo closes his eyes and tries to calm his nerves. He opens his eyes again to look at YuNi. "I'm hungry."
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Once again I'm gonna start on a new story *SIGHS* I can't help it!!! I know I have like a couple unfinished stories that needs an ending but I can't help but post this one up, it's been in my head for a few days now and dying to come out. Anyways back to the story!!! It's starting none other than MYUNGSOO, he's so handsome *blush*. And yeah he's married in this one too but oh well I like these kind of stories hehehe <3 I think it is like the ultimate fantasy to be married to our idol to start and fall in love in the process of getting to know them. Well hopefully this won't bored you guys with a common story line.