Vague Memories

Lavenders

A/N: I got bored so I ended up writing this.

 

''Yah, sweetie! You're taking forever to get down here,'' a middle-aged woman shouted. ''Mom, seriously! Its like 7 in the morning,'' her son shouted back.

 

''Wew, like mother like son,'' a middle-aged man who's reading the newspaper in the living room said to himself. ''Honey, you know I can hear you,'' replied the wife in the kitchen. ''I'm glad you do,'' the husband whispered with a chuckle.

 

''Breakfast is ready. If your manly enough, just obediently come and eat,'' the wife half-shouted. ''Well, too bad Mom. I swing both ways,'' the son stated while slowly coming down the stairs. ''You might want to change your mind sweetie since I cooked your favorite,'' his mom answered. She heard her son chuckled and before she knew it her son was already sitting in the dining table across her husband with hunger written all over their faces. ''And I thought you said like mother like son?'' the wife asked his husband raising an eyebrow and sat next to him.

 

Mrs. Choi did all the talking and her husband responding if necessary. Minho was too busy eating to listen.

 

''Minho..'' Mrs. Choi said.

 

Minho immediately stopped eating and looked at her. He knew she was serious when she calls his name instead of 'sweetie'.

 

''Won't you change your mind?'' she continued.

''Mom, i thought we already talked this out.''

''I know, but-''

''Mom, just let me go. I can't stay here forever.''

''But this house won't be the same without you.''

''As much as I want to stay, I can't. I don't want to depend on you for the rest of my life.''

''He's right honey,'' Mr. Choi said.

''I can't help it. Minseok moved out 2 years ago, not to mention in Switzerland. And now its Minho.''

''You knew this day would eventually come honey.''

''Mom, its not like I'm gonna be ocean apart from you.''

''Ugh! Just.. I'll miss you.''

''I will too.''

 

The meal ended shortly after that. Minho went back to his room resume packing his belongings.

 

''Everything's set,'' he stated to himself. Just when he was about to close his bag, he suddenly remembered something. ''How can I forget?'' he asked. He then walked towards his desk and pulled out a small box behind a picture frame. He opened it and smiled as he laid his eyes on a small bottle. ''Bummie,'' he whispered. A train of vague memories crossed his mind.

 

''Dude, snap out of it,'' he heard a voice and pulled out from his thought. ''Someone's unusually early,'' Minho said at the sight of his bestfriend. He placed the bottle back to the box and put it in his sport bag. ''I can't even believe myself that I'm 10 minutes early and not 20 minutes late,'' Onew replied. ''You must have eaten huge good amount of chicken last night," Minho stated. ''I guess I did. C'mon let's go,'' Onew said while grabbing one of his bestfriend's luggage. Minho followed him dragging another luggage and a sport bag on his shoulder.

 

Onew loaded the 2 suitcases on the trunk of his car and put the sport bag on the backseat.

 

''I'll miss you,'' Mrs. Choi said with teary eyes. ''I'll miss you too,'' he answered. ''Take care son,'' the father said to his son and hugged him together with his wife. ''I'll look after him, don't worry. That's what I always do anyway,'' Onew assured Minho's parents. The three pulled out from their hug and bid their last goodbye. The two bestfriends got inside the car and left.

 

~~~in the car~~~

 

"Minho, you were thinking about him earlier."

"Well, yeah. Considering I almost forgot the lavender bottle."

"You must really like him."

"Hyung, I was like 5 that time. And a 5 year old kid wouldn't know what romatic feeling is."

"Yeah, but a 5 year old has an idea of what love is."

"Whatever. Hyung, how will I recognize him?"

"Oooh, so you do like him?"

"Hyung, the last time I saw him was 13 years ago.You hear me, 13 YEARS AGO."

"Chill, I was kidding. Why do you want to meet him anyway?"

"Lately, memories keep flooding my mind specially when I look at the lavender bottle. The memories are vague though. It feels like I'm missing something."

"Missing something? or someone?"

"Seriously hyung, I feel like its relaying me a message."

"Maybe a love message?"

"Hyung, I'm serious here. I think very too much chicken is giving you side effects."

"Minho you're so dumb."

"What? Why are suddenly saying that?"

"You're asking the obvious. Do I need to break it to you?"

"Break what?"

"Break your head to give you some sense. Minho, you'll know its him when he has the same lavender bottle as yours."

"Ooohh. So you're suggesting that I'll ask 'Hey there, do you have by any chance lavender bottle like this?' to every guy my age who i meet?"

"I bet that will take 1000 years for you to find him like that."

"Thanks for stating the obvious. And you said I was dumb."

"I guess we're now the dumb bestfriends, huh?"

"I guess we are for the time being."

"The world is not that large Minho. You'll eventually meet him and find the missing puzzle. Let love life take its course."

 

 

A/N: I know its not that good. :(  This is my first fanfic, please understand. Let me know what you think by commenting below!

 

 

BYE!