First Day of Work Surprise

Just a Title to You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Im back with a new chapter for my amazing readers & subbies! It took a bit longer than I expected to write this out but as I drafted it out, I need to make sure everything flowed well. Forgive me and I'll start writing the next chapter later today. Hope you all like it and let me know what you think! Lot's to come so keep that in mind :) Thanks for being such supportive and great readers!!! Until next time; over and out ;)

 

---------

 

The car ride from the company to the grocery store was pretty weird. She wasn't happy nor sad. Not quite like earlier but not bubbly either. It was pretty unexplainable to describe what she was being like.

 

I'd catch her taking glances at me before looking away with a sigh. Maybe the whole Grace thing did freak her out. That girl can be pretty scary when crossed; she is nuts after all. I'm so surprised she stood up to someone so easily; it doesn't seem in her nature at least not in all sincerity. I didn't even tell her about Grace or what she looked like so I wonder how she figured it all out.

 

"About before.." I started

 

"How long have you known Grace?" she cut in. Looking at her eyes, they were full of wonder. "She said you guys were going to get married soon but you said you've been over so what's the deal between you two? You said you were trying to avoid a planned marriage not a one-sided marriage..."

 

I didn't really want to have this discussion. I know I have to be honest with her because if I'm not honest with her then she can't play her role well. I've actually never really gotten into the details about what happened between the two of us with anyone; not even the guys or Sarah know all the full details. Letting out a sigh, I decided if anyone, I need to let the truth for this out with her.

 

"Grace and I dated for real... It was about five years ago or so but the whole thing was a secret; at least from our parents and a majority of friends. I really thought she was dating me for me until I found out she was cheating.. I broke it off before she could but I didn't hear from her after that. Recently, my parents and her parents got the idea of us being together so mine haven't stopped pressuring me for a while now. They kept trying to get me to go out on blind dates but Grace was one I couldn't deal with knowing our past.. Despite everything that's happened between us, she keeps trying to make this work even though she knows well that I don't want to have anything to do with her."

 

Her eyes of worry turned to those of sympathy. And this is why I never tell anyone anything, I never want anyone to pity me.

 

"Umm.. Do you know what that other guys name was? The one she was dating on the side?"

 

Do I even remember? But why does she want to know something so random?

 

"Hmm.. I think his name was Ethan but I'm not sure. His dad's some huge business mogul for Paramount but I bet that had nothing to do with it.." I whispered the last part too embarrassed to believe it

 

"Ethan? As in, Ethan Peters?"

 

"Yeah, that was it!" 

 

Hold on, how did she know that? She looked at me before laughing and shaking her head to herself.

 

"That witch, I swear she'll stop at nothing." she mumbled.

 

"Wait" I said "How did you know his name and how did you know Grace's name? I don't remember telling you her name.. Is there something your not telling me either?"

 

"Well.. its a really long story that goes back a long time but let's just say we have a common enemy."

 

"Huh?"

 

"I've known Grace since we were kids. We've always hated each other. Okay, I wouldn't say hated because thats too harsh but we've always been competitive. Our families don't get along so since then the two of us have always fought. As for Ethan, he's just some guy I knew from high school. He asked me out a few times even after high school but I refused because I didn't see him that way and before I knew it, Grace was going out with him. I didn't know she was dating you though.. I have a feeling she went out with Ethan because I didn't. She always tried to one up me in everything.. I'm sorry she did that to you.."

 

I really can't believe this. My ex's arch-nemesis is my current fake fiancée. Guess anything is possible.

 

"Why are you sorry? It was her that did it and you didn't even know about it let alone me."

 

"It's hard not to, I feel partly responsible since she did it because of me.." she whispered.

 

"Well, don't be. You didn't do it so there's nothing to be sorry about" I gave her a smile. "Just use all that energy into being the best most convincing fiancée you can be. Can you do that?"

 

She gave me a smile back and nodded.

 

"Atta girl. You really did get her back there. I've never seen her so mad before" I joked

 

"It's not the first time for me but that's because I always end up on top" she laughed seeming proud of her accomplishments "One of many times I've seen her angry but I think this time she's mad because she has that history with you.." she seemed to hesitate for a moment but went on. "But is it really over with her.. I mean, do you not have any feelings left?"

 

I really had to think for a minute. I know I felt anger and resentment that she lead me on like that but I did truly love her or maybe it was just an idea of love. Now that I look back on it, it seemed so fake. Did she even mean any of the things she said to me or was it all a way of getting to the peak in life.

 

"No, not at all. It's completely in the past" I answered but even I wasn't completely sure of myself. I think I'm over her, if not, I wouldn't go to the trouble of doing all this, right?

 

 

As weird as it sounds, a part of me felt kind of relieved he said that. Everyone makes mistakes, right?

 

I shouldn't have asked since it seemed like a sore subject but I had to; it was bugging me! What did he find attractive about her? Did he like her personality? What was their relationship based on? Was it always a beneficial relationship or was there a bit of a spark? Ugh, its blowing my mind!

 

Even with me. I know he said I was quote, "perfect" because I fit the model spectrum of what parents love but what made him pull towards me saying yes? That's why a part of me needed to know what he thought of Grace.

 

As much as we despise each other, we're so much more a like in looks and in life than one would realize.

 

Our heights.

 

Our hair color and length.

 

Our eye color even though she likes to make people think she has naturally green eyes. Breaking News girlfriend; They really aren't and no one believes you because they've seen you before contacts!

 

I will say this much though, our body types are unquestionably on two different levels. She has more of a slim petite frame whereas I'm more curvy. It's funny because both my mom and sister have smaller builds like Grace but I somehow got the larger hips, chest, and bottom area. I'd probably say I'm more Scarlett  Johansson and she's more Natalie Portman. Yeah, we can definitely say I'm more endowed in that department.

 

Our parents are successful so we both come from good families.

 

We both received good educations even though her parents forced her to go to school. She even had a job before me so I guess I can't talk but at the same time, she works for her dad or says she does; you figure the rest out.

 

But with all that being said, it makes me wonder if he chose me because I remind him of her. At least with our looks; our personalities are miles far from being similar. I always made friends because I put in the effort to be nice but she thought she'd win them over by having money or whatnot. She was always jealous that I had more friends then her; if anything, she was always jealous over anything I got before her or better than hers. Sadly, I never even tried hard which is why I always seemed to do better. I think thats what's killing her right now..

 

"Honestly though, how the heck can you do all this with a straight face. I won't lie, there were moments where you caught me off guard" he laughed.

 

"Oh honey, did you forget your dealing with a law student graduate? I hate lying but that doesn't mean I can't play the role of an actress" I winked causing him to laugh even more.

 

--

 

We had made it to the grocery store and I thought furniture shopping was a disaster; I was wrong, very wrong. Grocery shopping with this man made my hair gray a little and maybe even age a couple years.

 

I don't even want to think about how many times I scolded him for throwing junk in the cart. How can a man eat soo much junk food! Everyone loves it; its a treat we love to overindulge with but if I see the piles overcrowding the good stuff, I'm going to have to draw the line. Even the stares we're getting is proving I'm right.

 

"No more candy!" I yelled at him

 

"I didn't get that much, calm down!"

 

Really? There's already over ten candy bars and thats not counting the variety sack of chocolates.

 

"What about the donuts, chips, and ramen? Did you forget your not a bachelor anymore? I'm going to feed you three meals a day, men all over the world would kill for that and your getting MSG filled crap thats going to cut years off your life"

 

"Pfft, living with you cuts more years off my life then chips will.." he whispered but little did he know I heard that and he will eat nothing for dinner if he keeps it up! I'm keeping track of all the little comments, eventually they will get back to him.

 

"Well if you put back half of this stuff then I promise I'll bake for you three times a week. At least when you make it at home, it's somewhat better for you.."

 

Why I have to compromise I have no idea but in this short amount of time, I've come to learn that sweets, shoot food in general are his weakness.  I have the power in my hands and I'm loving it, maybe a bit too much!

 

He took a second look at the cart before placing a majority of the sweet items and a few packages of ramen back on the empty shelf. The chips stayed as well as the chocolate. Guess I won't say too much about the chocolate because I know I'll have my chocolate feening moments. I'm a girl as you know so part of a stable diet includes chocolate; lots of it.

 

In all honesty, I feel like I'm babysitting more than being in a "live-in relationship". He's like a giant baby and I'm stuck taking care of him. I have my work cut out for me. *Cues the tiny violin pity music

 

"Do you have something against snack foods or something" he asked while moping up and down the aisles with me.

 

"No, I like eating it too but I believe in making things I can cook instead of wasting money and health on processed stuff. Plus, we never grew up with much of it in the house; my mom pretty much banned it"

 

"Banned!!" he shouted with a shocked look on his face.

 

"Yes" I laughed "Even when she was away, she made sure she had cooked enough to last us for the time being. She said it was part of her job as a mother to get us growing healthy without any of that bad stuff until we got old enough to make our own decisions. All those years get you used to a routine"

 

"I guess.. My mom's a really good cook but our chef always cooked for us so I dunno..."

 

His face seemed so sad and I hate not knowing what people are thinking. I can tell its bothering him inside but he'd never tell me. I know though he doesn't seem like it, he looks like the quiet type. Maybe he is and he only likes bothering me; if thats the case then I only hate him a little bit.

 

"I had a nanny" I smiled. Why I think he'd like that I have no idea but I guess if I sound like an idiot, it might help him not be so upset.

 

"What are you talking about?" he laughed.

 

See. It worked.

 

"Well I didn't have chefs or butlers growing up but we did have a nanny until my mom stopped working so about twelve years. Even afterwards she stayed with us because we were used to being around her. She was Korean too you know. She actually taught me a lot of the stuff that no one else had told me about.

 

"And what was that" he said stopping in front of the cart

 

"The non-curse words" I laughed causing him to laugh in agreement.

 

--

 

The next day I woke up pretty early; meaning the crack of dawn . I only slept a few hours. My phobia was gone so I don't think that was the case. I laid around in bed thinking of Grace; of all people, I know.

 

I couldn't get her or their relationship out of my head. How could she use him like that? I'd die to be in a relationship; well a real relationship and she's using people. I know she's been capable of manying things but I didn't think she'd stoop so low especially to someone who seemed to genuinely have feelings for her. I'll never understand, mostly because I can't judge what someone else is thinking but at the same time, this whole thing seems surreal.

 

How is it that I've never met him even once in my life. I've met his friends and his ex has been part of my life since diapers but not him. I don't really care but it all comes off so weird. I don't even want to think about it anymore because it makes me upset knowing the details behind things.

 

I got somewhat ready; like around the house and a bit more decency type hair and makeup that is. After that I was able to clean from top to bottom, leaving the vacuum for after he wakes up. I could be mean but I know the feeling of being awoken by the loud screeching sound so I don't want to induce that feeling on anyone; even him. The place finally started seeming like home. You'd be surprised how much a cleaner home makes you feel better.

 

Staring over at the clock, it was almost noon. I know I said I'd let him sleep in because he won't be getting much sleep once work starts but he's pushing it. The furniture already arrived, I put them in place, and I've had his breakfast ready for over an hour. I was going to wake him when I heard my phone; looking over, I saw it was Liv. I haven't talked to her for a couple days since I've been busy here but that's a lot for us. We try to do at least one call a day even if its only five minutes long.

 

"Hey! Why does it seem like it has been forever since I've talked to you" she said

 

"Because it has!" I laughed "What are you doing?"

 

"Not much, I stopped by the office to get some paperwork but I have to go straight home afterwards to finish these reports or else I'd say I would come over for a visit because I need to see the new place!"

 

Oh how I hate lying. What would I have done if she didn't need to work? Thank you Youngbae for keeping her busy until I figure out what I'm going to tell my insane but lovable friend. Then again, I'm pretty nuts in a very non-dangerous but fun way too so we're kinda made for each other.

 

"That's too bad, we should hang out one day this week when work isn't so crazy."

 

"Um of course! Did you forget we still need to find you a man! It's starting to be ridiculous Christine. You need some man loving to complete your life. I feel like I need to sign you up for some kind of dating service or something. " 

 

"What are you talking about? Don't even think about that or I really will kill you! I don't need any forced lovin."

 

"Well if you don't get set up soon, I'll make sure you get some whether you like it or not."

 

This girl!

 

"Liv! I don't need any man lovin, okay!" I shouted feeling frustrated. She's totally right like usual but I don't even know where to start.

 

"Man lovin?" I heard from behind me and it was followed by a series of laughter.

 

If I could face-palm myself right now I would, better yet disappear or hit him in the head with a frying pan hoping it would only erase that one little moment from his brain. Both sound like too much work so I'll just have to hope he won't use this against me.

 

"Who was that? I heard a man's voice? Where are you?" I heard Liv saying when I came back from existence.

 

"What? I'm at home. The TV is on a bit too high, sorry" I said and motioned him to be quiet "But Liv, I know your busy so I'll let you go. I just wanted to check on you. Let me know about this week, okay?"

 

"Of course, we can celebrate your new job and hope it brings you some happiness in the relationship department. I'm not trying to nag you girlie but I want you to be happy too.."

 

"I know, I promise we can talk then."

 

The moment I hung up, he wouldn't stop laughing. I swear I'll get him one day.

 

 

MAN LOVIN! I have officially heard it all.

 

"If I hear you laugh one more time I will accidentally drop your breakfast on the floor and then you'll starve till lunch. But who knows, maybe I'll poison it or something" She said seriously and I know she's serious; I don't even know where she'd get the poison from but I think she'd find a way if she needed to.

 

I guess that's enough for now. I can always more after I eat. I'll need to maintain my energy to do that.

 

"Fine but what was that all about.." I asked as I dipped my crispy bacon in the bright yellow yolk of my poached eggs; cooked just the way I like them.

 

"It was just my friend Liv, you know the one that works for Youngbae. She's always on my case about dating but I really want to get set in my career before I think about that. Plus, I'm engaged now so I can't exactly do that anyway" she said giving me new toast

 

I don't know why but the idea of her dating bugs me. She just said it herself, she's 'engaged' to me so she can't go out on dates now; that's like breach of contract.

 

"So are you?" I asked curiously

 

"I don't think so.. But I have to figure out what I'm going to tell her in the mean time. If I don't tell her the truth, she'll find out about you and me and maybe blab congratulations to my parents. If I do tell her, I run the risk of her accidentally telling them anyway because she has a tendency to sometimes slip at the mouth. I'm losing sleep over this!"

 

Sleep? Did she not sleep again!

 

"You didn't sleep last night? You still scared?"

 

"Well I did but barely.." she sighed but followed it with a frustrated scoff before getting up "I don't know, I have a lot to think about. I think I'll watch some tv while you finish eating; Let me know if you need anything.."

 

I watched as she walked over and slumped deep in the couch. If she could sleep she wouldn't be in this situation. If she couldn't sleep she should have told me. I mean, I don't wanna sleep on the floor again but maybe I could have kept her company till she could.

 

Browsing through my emails, I saw an article called "Ways to Doze o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter