Mutual Friends & Enemies

Just a Title to You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Oh my gosh, It's finally here! I'm soo sorry I lagged on this chapter subbies\readers. Working till the end, I have it here now. After the last chapter, I didn't get much feedback so I worried I didn't deliver the way I should have but after some positive reassurance, I got more motivated to come back with an even better chapter. I really hope you like this one, a bit more intensity if you ask me so please read and enjoy :)

--------

Laying on the soft cloud like patch of grass, I stared into the brightly lit sky; the air smelled so sweet.

Never had I seen a meadow so beautiful. Pastel colored flowers surrounded me and pine trees stood as tall as the Empire State Building while the deep blue rivers overflowed with the running liquid.

It was a home to all classes of animal life but the birds were kings with the songs they sang. Peaceful and Calm, the breeze flew through but this time calling my name.

From an internal instinct, my body rose as the tall masked man appeared in front of my eyes; one I have never seen before.

His even milky skin-tone stood out among his all black attire and of course from his black venetian like mask that only showed off a small bit of his bold dark brown almost black colored eyes.

He stood in front of the towering apple tree and below his feet sat apples that had been scattered all over the ground.

Green apples.

Not red. Not yellow. Not even a combination of the three but just green.

Grabbing one from the highest part of the tree, he placed one side of the crisp fruit in his mouth and took a bite as his smirk became more evident. 

His feet started to move but lead him backwards. With this movement, he stared at me as his eyes never left mine.

Where is this place? Are we alone here? Curiosity was on my mind as I got up to follow him. 

The bright meadow started to fade away as we made our way into the forest. Our surroundings becoming darker as the last bit of light vanished. 

It was so much more scarier to go this route but I didn't care. My body didn't feel like itself. Like a fuse, I was attached to his aura.

He stopped and by default, I did as well. Only a few inches from each other, a fire broke out and illuminated the once inky sky.

The fire circled around us; the forest and once beautiful meadow were now in destructive flames but it left us unscathed.

Taking a few more steps toward me, I felt frozen in place. His arm raised up to present the half bitten apple in my vision; teasing me to have some. Our eyes never falling from each others, I took a bite of the forbidden fruit as the wet explosion of sweet flavor took over my mouth.

But before I knew it, the fire kept growing stronger and blinded us both as well as the sky.

--

 

I was awakened by the sudden feeling of heat and the sun-light that blinded me from the open window. I blinked a few times before I felt my eyes shutting closed. Not in a falling asleep type way but more in peace with myself.

 

What a strange dream. It didn't even make sense. Maybe it's my mind just playing tricks on me as I survived the first night.

 

But I actually slept! I feel so proud. I know it was on the floor of his bedroom but it's still a one up from being awake for hours. Maybe its just this nice house but the floor is surprisingly comfortable.

 

I forced my eyes open this time but realized I wasn't on the floor. At least not anymore. A white and black duvet covered my lower half. Raising my body up, I noticed the sleeping figure on the floor beneath me.

 

What the heck happened last night?

 

I got out of the warm bed as my body suspended itself over his slumbered physique. I suppressed a laugh from his light snore but felt bad he was on the floor.

 

"Wake up." I whispered as I gently nudged his uncovered side

 

Opening his eyes half way, "Hmmm." he moaned

 

"What are you doing on floor. Shouldn't you be in your bed?"

 

He looked around, just as confused as I was earlier. "How the heck did I end up down here?" he asked.

 

Your asking the wrong person buddy.

 

"I was wondering the same thing." I laughed.

 

"How do I know you didn't push me onto the floor so you could sleep on the bed?"

 

"No way!" I defended myself. This guy. Accusing me of a crime I had no part in.

 

"How do you know? Maybe you sleep walk and you wouldn't even know it!?"

 

Is he serious? Sleep Walking? Me? No Way. 

 

"I don't think I sleep walk; I'd know something like that if I did."

 

"Well you have to make it up to me by making breakfast! Oh and no more cleaning for a month! No forever!"

 

Whatever. I agreed and saw the smug grin on his face. He's lucky I'm nice.

 

--

 

After he took forever to get up, we ate breakfast and got ready to go shopping. We had to stop by the office for a quick tour and stuff so I wasn't sure what to wear.

 

He said it didn't have to be professional but more casual. To me, casual always comes off over dressed to the average person so I just dressed the way I usually would. My shirts never ran too low nor did my skirts and dresses have a "limited bending over" boundary because they were so short. I'm not saying I dress like a grandma but I don't usually like to show more skin than I have too. It's like the saying goes, "It's way better to leave more for people to imagine".

 

With that being said, I settled on a colored dress with a cropped leather jacket that I rolled up so my long set of gold bangles would show. I was going to wear my leopard Christian Louboutin booties but decided on flats because we'd be walking so much my feet would get tired...said no girl ever! Just kidding, I wore the booties and brought the similar print flats along for good measure. Beauty is pain and so is fashion so unless needed, I will wear those ers till my feet bleed if it means making a great outfit come alive.

 

I walked out of my room to see him coming out at the same time. He was wearing a royal blue button up that looked magnificent with his light skin tone. Black slacks, beige loafers, and his typical Rolex watch completed the look. He looks good but I'm more happy to see we don't match this time.

 

"You ready" I asked

 

He looked down at his outfit and then mine

 

"Actually I think I'm gonna go change. I knew I should have worn my leopard sneakers. They're Louboutin too, you know." he smiled

 

"Don't you dare!" I warned him as he chuckled and walked down the stairway.

 

Getting to the garage, I saw his car parked perfectly in its spot. As a sister of three elder brothers, I know a thing or two about cars and sports.

 

It was gorgeous. A Maserati GranTurismo of course. The black exterior shined against the bold red seats inside. It was a typical combination for a boy with a sports car; the only difference was this was a rich boys kind of car. 

 

"I like the car, its nice" I complimented him.

 

He seemed surprised I was actually giving him a compliment. Well he does have good taste. Come on, beautiful clothes & great style, beautiful house, and amazing car. The only thing keeping him from being perfect is his dirtiness (which I will change if it kills me) and his haughty attitude.

 

"Thanks" he said and nodded to himself proudly "This is my favorite but you should see the others. They're at my parents house."

 

"How many cars do you have?" I caught myself asking

 

"Umm" he counted on his fingers. "Four. Not counting this one so five. Ya five."

 

Oh Geez. What does someone need five cars for?

 

"Five cars? Do you like to drive one for every day in the work week?" I teased.

 

"No" he bitterly replied "I have this one, my Aston Martin, the Ferrari, the Porsche, and there is the Hyundai"

 

"Hyundai?" I laughed. It happened to be the only non-European brand car named.

 

"It's a pride thing. Supportive pride." he joined in.

 

Fair Enough.

 

"But should the girl with the new Jag, Prada bag, and 24 carat gold bangles hanging down her arm be talking?" he questioned with a raised brow

 

My eyes narrowed in on his for asking such a question. Guess things never change. I've always been labeled the rich girl who was spoiled rotten but those who really knew me would know that while I have it all, it was always for a price. Plus, even if I carried a fake designer bag, everyone would assume it would be real because of my families name. 

 

"Actually, the car was a gift for graduating law school and the bangles are my grandma's from when she was younger but she passed them on to me. Can't say much for the bag, I love handbags." Being stumped by me once again, he stood there at a loss for words as I internally laughed at his confused expression."So if your done being a meanie, let's go run our errands. Oh, and promise that you'll give your soon to be wife a chance to drive this baby. I know its fast but I like fast."

 

We drove down Beverly & N. Robertson Blvd to this furniture boutique called "Poliform"; which is owned by someone he went to school with. The Italian based company specializes in modern style furniture. Never been a fan of too modern,  I've always had more of a classic style taste if you ask me but I can work my magic on anything.

 

--

 

"Do you like this?" I asked the millionth time.

 

I'm keeping my promise of taking his opinion into consideration but he's getting on my nerves. He doesn't like anything or at least he isn't acting as if he even cares. He's the one who wanted me to include him yet he can't make a decision.

 

"It's nice" he shrugged and walked the other way.

 

UGH!!! They've all been nice or yeah. Can't he be more specific. As I was about to rip my hair out, I saw the sales associate coming my way so I stopped myself from wanting to kill him just yet.

 

"Your husband doesn't like anything?" she asked

 

Husband. I looked down at my ring and mentally shook the thought. This man will never\could never be my husband. He'd make me go crazy if I ever did say "I do".

 

"Men. They just don't like anything" I laughed as she joined me. "Sorry to be taking up so much of your time"

 

"It's normal, they just want us to include them in everything" she leaned in closer  "I don't mean anything bad by, I'm even thinking of my own husband when I say this but men are worse than kids. All they want is attention but they love when we are assertive"

 

Oh yeah, I'm not even married to him, shoot I've barely known him for a week yet I know he loves to be babied. If he didn't then he wouldn't expect me to cook, clean, ask his opinion, or approve of anything he gets me. I'm not critizing; I'm just saying the lady is right.

 

I turned around to find him sitting on the nearby sofa chair. "Seunghyun. Honey, can you come over here" I called him sweetly

 

His eyes looking mortified only made it harder for me to keep a straight face but I didn't break as I waved him over. I have to call him something if she thinks he's my husband.

 

"Aside from the other stuff, I like this set so I want these and the ones over there" I said confidently. I'm taking her advice of being assertive.

 

"I don't know baby, I really like that one over there more" he said in a similar tone as he walked over and pointed to the set I recommended thirty minutes ago. Just guess what his reply was then compared to what it is now. I won't complain though since we at least made some progress.

 

"Okay, we can get that one if you want. I like it too"

 

"Your husband has such great taste" the saleswoman winked at me.

 

A deep dark hidden secret between females. A make-believe praise among the male species is all you need to do in order to succeed over them.

 

"I know. I know. Can't you tell that's why she picked me? I designed our bedroom you know?" he winked at the saleswoman as she surpressed her laugh. I on the other hand felt mortified and it didn't help when he pulled me closer into his arms.

 

As she walked away to ring up our total, I elbowed him in the chest and giggled as he winced in pain.

 

"That's what you get jerk!" I whispered and rubbed the spot I hit him. He'll definitely get the pain he deserves but I guess as his "wife" I have to ease the pain I bring on, just a little bit. muah haha

 

By the end of our furniture store experience, he got lots of new things that were going to be delivered tomorrow; soo exciting! I think I'm more excited than he is!

 

But as a way to make up for embarrassing me in front of the sales lady, he told me he'd buy us some coffee. He ruined the nice gesture by saying the caffeine would also help with the headache I've given him and the pain of my strong blow to his torso. As you can see, I don't regret it anymore. 

 

Standing in line, we waited for my soy mocha and his cappuccino at the Coffee Bean across the street. 

 

"I should have bought your bedroom furniture from that store." he said pointing out the window nearby.

 

I looked behind my back and saw the name of the store. "Diva Furniture". This guy?!?!!?!?!

 

"Diva? Really jerk? That's like an insult to yourself for being with a girl like me. I'm nothing like that?!" I declared

 

"You are too!" he yelled back

 

"Whatever!! If that was the case, I hear Armani Casa is around here. Maybe you should have gone there and picked out your own furniture!!"

 

Both of us looked away in anger. He tried calling my name a couple times but I ignored him. He knows he did wrong so the silent treatment is in order. I'm not a diva! Diva's are mean, demanding, and look down on people. I've never done anything like that so I'm kinda hurt by that.

 

"I'll let you have my cookie." he sang.

 

Is he trying to buy me off with a cookie? What do I look like, a child? Okay, it might work but he can't know that.

 

"Whatever!" I said keeping my back on him

 

Turning me around, he stuck the half-wrapped cookie in my face and taunted me with it.

 

"I know you want it."

 

"I can make my own cookies. I don't need you to buy me one."

 

"But this one is here and it's warm. I haven't eaten from it yet. We can share or you can have it."

 

Catching him off guard, I grabbed the cookie from his hand and took the biggest bite I could. He smiled back in amusement as we grabbed our drinks.

 

Being in a coffee shop brought back deja vu of our first but not last meeting of that day. I felt a curve forming on my lips as I remembered the whole episode. Spilled drinks. Our childish banter. And most of all, the way I left him as well as the formed groups of people in awe with my lesson. It was definitely a day to remember, at least one that will always keep me amused.

 

"What are you laughing about?" he asked.

 

"Nothing.." I smiled again, offering him a bite of the cookie. 

 

Not even taking it from my hand, he leaned his head down and took the large bite. One leaving chocolate all over his lips. Again, he's such a child. Wiping the chocolate from his mouth, I asked.

 

"We never talked about this but what am I supposed to call you. Like a pet name. All couples have them, shouldn't we decide too"

 

After seeing his face at the furniture store, I think we should be a bit more prepared for those moments if we're gonna play a couple.

 

"Hmm" he said as he sipped from his drink. "What do you want to call me?" 

 

I don't know, maybe that's why I asked you! I've never had a boyfriend but I always figured the basics like baby and honey were expectable but maybe I should bring out the big guns and a bit for all he's done to me.

 

"I dunno, I kinda like oppa" I stated, enunciating the "oppa" part a lot more than usual.

 

He almost choked on his coffee as I rubbed his back and held in my laugh.

 

"How did you know about oppa? I thought you didn't know Korean."

 

"I told you I had Korean friends and I've seen a lot of dramas so from what I know, that's pretty common right? I mean if you don't like oppa, I think  jagiya is always an option" 

 

I could see him tensing as I hooked onto his arm and fluttered my eyelashes some more.

 

"Oppa. Jagiya. Oppa. I like oppa the most!"

 

His lips moved to speak until he stopped.

 

"Hyung." I heard from a distance.

 

His body was motionless but his eyes screamed worry. Turning around, I saw the group of four guys walking closer to the street corner we stood on. I don't know who they are from here but they must know him well.

 

I think I know what's going on but if that's the case then let's just say,

 

It's Showtime...And I don't know if I'm ready!

 

 

I knew the time would come when I'd have to introduce her to the guys but I didn't want it to be now. Plus, I wasn't sure yet if I was going to keep our relationship's true identity a secret from them or not. I know it seems better to not tell them but they know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter