First Christmas Spent With Boss Man Choi

Just a Title to You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi everyone. I can't stress how bad I feel about the late chapter. First we could blame my bad habit of editing and re-editing my work a million times. I always write drafts but manage to fix them and erase until I'm completely happy with it. That's always been my problem. Then I got sick and I've been playing catch up with work so that didn't help. I'm back though after finally deciding to finish the last quarter of this chapter that I had left so I really hope you all enjoy this nice long chapter. Thank you for still sticking around and hopefully I'll never have too many things come up at once :)

----------

 

Her words sunk in me and played back like a broken record; only repeating the key important words. A part of me wished I heard her wrong but my conscience was telling me it's exactly what you think it is.

 

I took a second to take in everyone's face. Some seemed shocked and others confused; I myself was both of those. Through the moment of silence, it was quickly broken when it became Bom's turn to answer all the unsettling questions everyone was curious about.

 

"Unnie.." CL started but was beaten by the witty maknae that started the conversation.

 

"Hold up, I'm lost. Why would he do that? They've had it planned for over three years now."

 

"Seungri.." Daesung nudged him.

 

"Stop prying into people's business.." Youngbae also warned

 

At this point, even if there was any conversations going on, I couldn't hear them against the loud pitter patter of my heart beating wildly inside; making me feel both faint and cold. I was brought back with Seunghyun's hand squeezing mine tightly; vying for my attention.

 

Looking up at him, I couldn't describe his face like I usually could. I knew now that I was starting to show off my emotions more carelessly then I should especially if I'm not trying to explain myself. I gave him my best smile hoping he would buy it the same way everyone else has been with the acting we've been putting on all night. 

 

"Are you okay?" he whispered

 

"Of course but I think I had one too many glasses of wine tonight though" I laughed trying to convince him as well as myself that this must be the reason my body is losing control of itself.

 

Quickly getting up from my warm place in Seunghyun's hold, I grabbed everyone's attention; this made me feel more uncomfortable. His gaze never left mine either, making me wonder if he already caught onto the truth or if he's concerned from my sudden mood change. He may get on my nerves sometimes but he's never really mistreated me too much either. Poor thing will think I'm crazy when in reality, I'm embarrassed and hurt and a mixture of a million other things I don't even understand at the moment..

 

"Does anyone want any coffee? I think I had too much wine so I know I need some" I laughed again, gaining a hearty return from the boys but concerned looks from the girls.

 

They aren't stupid, Jason is their brother and they saw how well we got along. If anything, they were always the ones playfully telling me to get married to Jason because they thought he'd never find someone who would know him better than me. And we made the best match.

 

The trip to the kitchen seemed as if I was walking miles in the hot desert with blocks of heavy bricks weighing on my back. I caught myself collapsing both my body and head against the kitchen counter wondering what went through his mind when he made such a decision. 

 

Why didn't he tell me? Did he think it was going to be that easy? Let's give up on an engagement that has lasted a long time now and expect Christine to be the rebound; I don't think so. I didn't want to be the reason he broke it off. He didn't have to do it for me. These were the things my mind was telling me but my heart wasn't.

 

"Christine? Are you okay? What's wrong?" I heard Liv say from close behind me.

 

"I'm cool." I waved off "I was thinking of where I put that new bag of coffee I bought. I couldn't remember and it doesn't help that I'm still getting used to the house." 

 

"Oh good" she smiled, leaning her long arms against the opposite side of the counter for balance "I thought you were going to be upset about that whole Jason thing. I mean I'd get it if you were but your with or should I say, completely in love with Seunghyun now so who cares about Jason breaking up with some girl. He didn't even wanna be with her anyway so worked out for him. I wonder why he broke up with her now though... It is weird" she said, her tone of voice getting quieter with each word spoken. It was as if she was even doubting the whole situation.

 

"I don't know myself either" I spoke truthfully, carefully pouring spoonful after spoonful of the dark grained coffee into the machine.

 

Who knew making coffee could be so peaceful? Or maybe it's the situation that's making me force myself to think of something else.

 

"Are you sure your okay with this or is it something else?"

 

"I just have a lot on my mind.. I don't feel right lying about my relationship like this and I guess you can say I'm hurt that he didn't tell me himself about breaking off his engagement.."

 

Okay so I didn't tell her all of the truth but saying some helped get it off my chest.

 

"Did you tell him about your relationship?"

 

"No.." I guiltily replied. 

 

"Well, I think you know the answer to that question then. Maybe it wasn't the right time or he felt like knowing your with someone else, it wouldn't make sense to tell you if he couldn't have you.."

 

She's right! Why is she always right!

 

"I'm right, huh?"

 

And why does she always know she's right!! Then again, my silence is always a give away. We both stood against the countertop, watching the last droplets of bitter liquid fall in silence and fill up the large space with it's sweet fragrance. 

 

"Do you guys need help?" we heard from behind us. Both Youngbae and Daesung were standing in the doorway when we looked back.

 

"Sure. Your just on time too, the coffee is done after forever!" we both laughed

 

"Oh yeah, Youngbae. How do you take your coffee?" I asked remembering I hadn't a clue what he liked "I know about Daesung since we drank enough of the stuff in school."

 

Before he could speak up,

 

"No cream with two brown sugar cubes and a dash of cinnamon" I heard but instead of the answer coming from Bae, it was by Liv who seemed equally shocked like the rest of us who stared back and forth at the others. I gave her a knowing look as she found her words.

 

"What? We work together. He's my boss. I've had to make his coffee a few times. You know how I have a good memory too.." she quickly replied causing me to question her even more as Youngbae's smile turned to a light chuckle. If they didn't work together I would have questioned it but since she doesn't, I'll just call it a coincidence for now.

 

"She does have a good memory." he agreed

 

"Whatever you say. You two can take those things while I get the cinnamon. It's a good thing you have such a good memory Liv, I would have never known" I smirked causing the two to exchange glances and scurry off together.

 

"Did we tire you out Christine?" Daesung asked. "You shouldn't have done so much if that's the case."

 

"Of course not, I really enjoyed this. You guys are practically my friends now just like the girls have been. But do I really look that terrible?" I laughed causing him to panic.

 

"No. No. No" he waved his hands in alarm "I didn't mean it like that. I just thought you seemed sorta down so I thought we tired you out. When all of us get together, we can be sort of rowdy" he laughed.

 

"I don't mind, honest." I smiled as we finished up and followed suit of the ones before us.

 

With the two of us both being jokesters, we managed to share funny tales until I felt the odd vibe coming from the room. It had only been about ten minutes since I left but now the feeling had gone from a fun happy area to serious and weird. Setting the tray loudly on the coffee table, I broke the stares being exchanged between the boys and the girls; specifically Seunghyun and Bom who were standing across from each other on the other side of the room.

 

"Sorry it took so long. Between me forgetting where the coffee was and the machine being slow, I finally come bringing coffee."

 

"Oh its okay Christine, I think we have to get going. It's getting kind of late" Bom repeated with a fast tone, looking over at the girls as well.

 

"It's not even ten o' clock, do you have to leave? We haven't even come close to catching up." I pouted.

 

"We know but I got a call from my dad just a second ago saying we have to go into the office early tomorrow and you know what that's been like lately so we can do this again. It will give us an excuse to get together again, no worries" Dara said this time.

 

I don't know why but a part of me felt like they weren't telling me the whole story. It didn't make sense, that's all. They wouldn't let me even walk them out all the way; making Jiyong be the one to do so. The other boys only gave me looks mixed with calm and fluster as I passed out the drinks. Seunghyun did the same but quickly changed when he guided me to lay my legs out on the couch; placing the red blanket on top of my lower half.

 

"What's this for?" I asked as he sat next to me, placing my now covered legs onto his lap

 

"I figured you'd be cold, you sorta shivered against me earlier" he spoke but his tone this time seemed cold.

 

"Thanks.."

 

When Jiyong came back, he had a similar look on his face as the others did and I could see Seungri whispering every other word to Daesung as he did the same. I feel like I left for a few minutes and missed an entire period in history that would be important. Liv didn't even say anything so she either has no idea as well or she's being quiet like the rest.

 

"Umm.. Did something happen?" I finally asked getting sudden shocked faces from everyone.

 

"Actually" Seungri started but stopped as soon as they all shot out glares that could lead him to his demise.

 

"Nothing. Why do you ask?" Seunghyun answered annoyed.

 

"Well.. They left so suddenly and you guys are being quiet." I said "The rest of you aren't leaving, are you?" I pointed the question to the boys and Liv.

 

"Why would we leave?" Jiyong laughed. "We're having fun and not even close to ready for that."

 

"Yeah, we like this. You heard them though,they had to leave but we won't until you tell us. Or at least until we drive you crazy." Youngbae smiled

 

The rest of the time was spent with the guys telling jokes and sharing stories. Seunghyun and I remained in the same position, not breaking our main mission of looking like the perfect couple. Everything was fine until the boys and Liv left past midnight. As soon as the doors closed, he didn't look back, if anything I felt his cold presence shrugging off my body. To my surprise, there was no,

 

"Can I help you clean up?"

"Are you okay?"

"Great job tonight"

 

Even a hint of sarcasm would've been fine but nothing was heard other than the loud footsteps he made up the stairs and his bedroom door slamming shut. I wanted to see what caused his sudden mood change but another part of me, my bad angel kept saying, mind your own business and deal with the problems you have on your own plate. I didn't do anything to him so why is he giving me the cold shoulder. Even so, I still wondered..

 

--

The next few days were the same. A couple days we worked from home because we could and others were spent in the office but even then, I was still doing all of his work as well as my own.

 

Other than that, the same routine was done day after day. I cooked, we ate in silence, and he would stay in his room for a remainder of the time. Even when I knocked, he wouldn't answer and to my surprise, he was waking up on his own before I could do it for him.

 

All of this sudden behavior started to make me miss the childish him and wonder what the heck is wrong with him. I don't think I did anything wrong and he won't even talk to me so I could figure out how I could help him...

 

I tried keeping busy with things other than work. I did all my usuals but it still never seemed to pass enough time. The only thing I usually would have done by now is or planned something related to our 'relationship' but that isn't the case lately. And then it was out of no where, for some reason I decided to make a scrapbook. I had already printed out a bunch of our pictures to place around the house. My mom was always a huge scrapper when we were kids; she saved everything we made and all the little details of us as we got older. Maybe it would be a fun thing to show off when people visit! And something to have fun with until he gets out of his mood.

 

Until it came time to serve dinner, I kept busy on my own little project!

 

 

I tried getting some sleep since I haven't been sleeping normally lately, well at least since the other day. I don't know why I'm so mad. I feel bad every time she tries to talk to me and I either ignore her or reply back coldly. I even heard her walking past my room a few times or when she covered me in the middle of the night when I fell asleep on the couch.

 

I know she's wondering why I'm being like this but she doesn't or wouldn't understand anyway since she's close to Jason; which I don't like now knowing he isn't attached to anyone anymore..I put up with it before because I'm close with Bom and Dara but at this point, I wonder if that is even okay at the moment. My damn temper has officially gotten me into more trouble this month then it ever has.

 

--

 

*Flashback  (Night of the get together)

 

From the moment she left my arms and walked away, I could see the way she was hunched over and that rose a fire in me even more than I could have imagined.

 

Why is it the minute he was mentioned her mood changed.

 

If it wasn't about him then what could it have been?

 

Does that mean she was lying to me when she said they weren't more than friends.

 

I caught the girls looking at her sadly as she walked away and that made my wonder feel real. When Bom caught me looking at her, she quickly smiled but I wasn't having that; I said I wasn't going to let this go and I won't. Before I could speak up, Olivia excused herself to help Christine and I guess this was the perfect timing since now we didn't have to walk around on eggshells hoping no one overheard our conversation. All of us know everything about each other; the good and the bad. 

 

"Bom, can I talk to you?"

 

I received weird stares from the guys but at this point I didn't care, I just wanted to know what the hell was going on.

 

"Uh, sure oppa."

 

We walked the short distance to the still in view closet so I could 'grab' a blanket for Christine; it was partly an excuse and partly not. 

 

"What did you want to talk about?" her voice weakened, which is never the case with Bom if you truly know her.

 

"I want to know everything about their relationship."

 

"Relationship? I don't understand."

 

"Let me rephrase the question then, I want to know what kind of relationship Jason and Christine had in the past. Your sudden news didn't seem to affect her the way someone would if they were only friends."

 

"Oppa.. Jason and Christine never dated.." she repeated once again in a soft tone.

 

"Then why the hell did she walk away looking so miserable!!" I found myself screaming. My insides were blazing, burning in a rage.

 

"Why are you yelling! I don't know what to say either, okay! I'm confused myself as to where this whole thing came up with him. I don't know what he's thinking and he only tells me so much. I've known Christine almost all my life and from what I know, they've always been close but that's because she helped him through a lot in his life and he did the same for her. If this is bothering you so much, just ask her. You two are happily together now; why are you so worried over something like this?"

 

This whole thing isn't bothering me because were supposedly happy together but because its causing her to be upset and in the end, it could make my life a living hell with everything else I'm having to deal with. Without her, the show is over and I'm back to square one. I can't have her breaking like this.

 

At this point, I didn't even realize how much closer we had gotten to the living room; only a few spaces away from the crew who could hear everything even clearer.

 

"That's not the point. I want to know because I don't need your brother coming in and trying to make something work with her when she's not available anymore; he's pretty good at that sort of thing."

 

"Are you serious? Do you honestly believe he would do that to someone he cares that much about. My brother isn't that type of guy. He doesn't go around taking girls who are alread with someone else."

 

"Oh Really? Is that why I almost lost Grace to him and she's supposed to be a person his best friend can't stand?"

 

"That's not what happened and you know it! That girl was bad from the beginning and even when we told you what she was like after we found out, you brushed it aside saying she was a good person until she screwed you over again! How is it Jason's fault if she's practically throwing herself at him when he's saying no." she shook her head. "I love you and the other guys more like brothers then friends but sometimes you just go too far! How she deals with this temper of yours I don't understand." 

 

Before I could respond back, both Jiyong and Dara got up.

 

"Can you guys stop this crap, please!" Jiyong spoke up

 

"Seriously, she's going to come back any minute and wonder what the hell is going on. I don't even know why we have to talk about this; it's the past. Be happy you found someone who loves you and forget the rest." Dara added. "And, I won't lie when I say they might have had some sort of spark but that sort of thing comes with the territory of being so close to one another after all these years. I really do think they'd be together if Jason didn't get forced into getting engaged but this is now and they aren't."

 

--

 

I dozed off for the few hours and woke up both hungry and angry. I really don't like either of these things and together with the lack of sleep, I'm really irritable at the moment. Usually I want to be alone at moments like this but I think I really need a talk with the guys. Sadly, they always have the answers.

 

I got decent and went downstairs to find her sitting at the dining room table; scraps and all this stuff scattered everywhere.

 

She looked away from her paper and scissors to give me a smile; teeth and all. Even with me being mean, she still manages to smile at me and not get upset, as if she knows why I'm angry or not caring.

 

"You hungry? I made dinner.."

 

"No, I'm fine.." I lied grabbing my wallet from the drawer nearby and hoping my stomach wouldn't give it away either.

 

"Do you want to help me then?" she said with a pout on her face that could really easily make me waver but at this moment in time, it wasn't working.

 

"Not really."

 

"Where are you going?"

 

"Out so don't wait up for me."

 

I walked as fast as I could so I didn't have to see the disappointment on her face or maybe lack there of. I wouldn't blame her for having to deal with me these past few days but at the same time, I have to remember this is all fake. We're both doing this because we have a plan ahead of us. I need to start learning not to get attached with things that aren't going to work out.

 

I made it to the restaurant\private bar earlier then the others so I took this time to get started on my drinking before they stopped me. The dark lit room was my safe haven of solitude; a place to let out all my problems with the many bottles of dark liquor.

 

Between puffs of my cigarette, I'd take sips of the liquid as it burned down my throat. The burning sensation was the same as the feeling deep inside me.

 

I hated this part of me. The lonely alien who always messed things up by moving too quick or not moving fast enough from fear of rejection. The rich kid who never saw his parents enough so he acted out hoping it would help even though it didn't; in fact, it made people think worse of me by being the disobedient one. Even as an adult, I felt vulnerable and in need of reassurance that I wouldn't be left alone.

 

"Hyung." I could hear the concern in Daesung's voice. When I brought my head up from the cold table, I could see all of them staring at me in worry and maybe pity as well.

 

"I think its worse then we thought," Seungri's whispered but it sounded more like his normal voice because I could actually hear it in my deep stupor.

 

"What's going on? Is everything okay?" Jiyong asked, pouring a drink for the rest of them and obviously avoiding my glass since I seemed drunk enough. Sadly, I wasn't even drunk, I've only had two drinks but it feels like its hitting me as if I drank the whole bottle.

 

"Nothing new. I'm just an ." I mumbled
 

 

"Did you do something to noona?" Seungri asked

 

More like what I didn't do. I stayed quiet not knowing what to say to that.

 

"It's okay hyung, she loves you enough to know you wouldn't mean anything by it." Youngbae smiled.

 

Why do him and Daesung always have to be so positive? She doesn't love me though and I don't love her either. We barely know each other.

 

"It's all fake guys."

 

They looked away from their drinks and gave me the most bizarre stares as my fingers played with the half filled glass. 

 

"What.. What did you just say?" they stuttered.

 

"Do I really have to repeat myself?"

 

"How much is fake?"

 

"All of it! Down to every little detail. Nothing is real." I sighed.

 

They were bound to find out and with my emotions being a wreck, I couldn't help but let it out. After explaining everything, from our real meeting and the deal we both agreed to abide by; even I would be as shocked as them if I heard such a thing.

 

"Wow." they all echoed

 

"First your universal word was 'What' now it's 'Wow'."

 

"Come on, you have to give us some time to take all of this in. You two seemed so natural together, it's kinda hard to believe now after seeing it in person a few times.." Jiyong added

 

"Does that mean she's available for real then?" Seungri asked, making me give him the worst look ever for even bringing up such a thing right now.

 

"Please Seungri, I'd get to her before you." Jiyong mocked

 

"Me too!" Daesung sang. Even Youngbae sort of smirked and turned the other way. Seriously? Are these guys really my friends.

 

"YAH! I called you guys to help me not try to steal her away. We are technically still together for whatever reason."

 

"What's there to talk about hyung. If she really was gonna leave you for any reason, she would have done so already. To think she's been putting up with you being this way for the last few days and she hasn't left you yet, I think your safe knowing she won't leave at all." Youngbae reasoned.

 

He does have a point. She has been dealing with it and I haven't heard her being mean at all so there must be something

 

"Well then, what do I have to do to make it up to her? You guys know I never apologize for anything, well at least saying it"

 

They all thought in dead silence. It was sort of weird to not hear one thing within this crazy bunch, including myself of course.

 

"Did you buy her anything for Christmas?" Youngbae hesitated

 

They know how I feel about that but it is a honest answer.

 

"She said she didn't want anything since she has everything she wanted; a job. I did get mad at her before that about wanting to put up decorations so maybe that made her not want anything..."

 

"That's it!!" Seungri shouted "Buy stuff and let her decorate. You did say she likes Christmas and you have to think about it from her point of view. She changed her whole life around to play along and live in a place she isn't used to so make things even easier by letting her do that. Can't you deal with it for a couple weeks until everything is over?"

 

I can't believe I'm saying this but he's right. I'll never admit it to him but he is. Making her feel more at home could help smooth this over.

 

"Okay but where to start?"

 

"Well our mall is open late for holiday hours so  we can stop by and pick stuff out to have delivered in the morning." Jiyong smiled

 

All of them agreed to help with choosing things. We made our way to the mall but of course they all had to say it again,

 

"Seriously though, when all of this is over, I really don't mind being the rebound; honest." Jiyong grinned causing the others to agree.

 

"Your lucky I love you guys or else you'd all be dead."

 

"Well if your smart then you won't let her go." Youngbae sang

 

"She's not that great guys."

 

"Oh really? Please explain."

 

"She wakes me up all the time when I'm trying to sleep. She always has a beauty mask on or does her nails. She threatens me with food. She's killing me!"

 

They all began to laugh and seemed amused by the horror I sometimes live with.

 

"What's wrong with that? Your saying you don't like a girl that takes care of her skin?" Daesung asked

 

He would. This guy has more beauty products then most girls do.

 

"That's petty stuff, she's a catch. You don't meet girls like that all the time; especially those who would put up with your ways." Youngbae said causing the rest to agree.

 

Whatever. They should know I'm not in a place to date or love anyone. It won't happen. It'll never happen because I'm too difficult of a person to love back. And it won't be her; she deserves better then me.

 

After what seemed like forever, we all agreed on a gold and silver theme with bits of red. I don't know what she'd like since she's not here and its a surprise so I'm leaving this all in the hands of the guys. I got home a little after eleven o'clock and kind of hoped she was still up so we could talk but at the same time I didn't even know where to start.

 

All was quiet in the house and the closer I got walking through the dimly light rooms, I found her passed out on the paper filled table. Arms folded as her head laid perfectly within them. The light breathing reminded me of that night. I didn't want to wake her but she can't sleep here either. Placing my warm coat over her arms caused the sudden jerk in her body that I was trying so hard to avoid. 

 

"Did you just get home?" she asked, rubbing her still sleepy eyes and letting out a giant yawn

 

"Yes, just now but what have you still been doing this whole time to have fallen asleep at the table?" I questioned

 

"Well" she started and handed me the large leather coated album "I made a scrapbook of our relationship." she laughed

 

"Scrapbook?" I flipped through the pages and was reminded of every little thing we've done together. It had it all so far. Pictures from our day in New York and little things that brought back memories. "What's this for?"

 

A part of me wanted to know why she took so much time to make something that had no real reason between us.

 

"I thought it would be something that could show another side of our relationship when people ask about us. I heard all the real couples have these memory books but since we're friends who are helping each other, it's nice for memories" she smiled once again and this time I returned that smile without thinking twice.

 

"Can we talk?" I finally got myself to say.

 

"Does t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter