Meeting My Destiny

Just a Title to You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Did that really happen? What's wrong with me! Why didn't I fight it? Why did I let him control me like that? I hate myself right now!

 

I can't even breathe properly and nothing even happened; a part of me wondering what it would have been like if we weren't interrupted.

 

If he had kissed me.

 

Would I have liked it?

 

Loved it?

 

Wished it never happened?

 

I won't know anymore. At least not tonight because that was too much action for me to experience in one sitting. I still feel the warmness from his fingertips lingering inside me as if I'm still on him; the only thing reminding me I wasn't was the soft fur rug that cushioned my fall. That made matters worse, as if we were doing something bad which it isn't since boys and girls have such relations between each other but it didn't feel right doing it with him. I'm going nuts!

 

"Christine? Are you sure your okay?" he asked, setting his phone on the table and bending down near me.

 

I didn't even realize I had been down here this whole time.

 

"Yes, I'm fine" I assured him and quickly stood up before taking my place back on the couch, this time as far away as I could sit without letting on I was trying to keep my distance. 

 

Every time he'd move closer, I'd move away farther. Eventually I had no where else to go as I reached the end of  the couch. With that usual sly smirk on his face, he moved in closer, keeping me from leaving the couch but still hovering over my presence.

 

"Do you want to continue where we left off; before we got interrupted" he whispered.

 

I felt chills tingle up my back as his voice purred the short statement but quickly fought off the feeling that I assumed was the alcohol speaking; pushing him away from me so I could escape, he fell in the spot I had just occupied,

 

"No thank you, I would like something warm like hot chocolate though so sit here dreaming about that until I come back"

 

"It's okay if you don't want to admit it, I already know you want it" he spoke; his lip still curved in the corner. I could just tell he was playing around with me.

 

FREAKING JERK! I hate him!

 

If I yell back at him, he'll think I do want to kiss him and I don't, if you didn't notice! I took a deep breath and turned back at him looking unfazed by his comment.

 

"Like I said, keep dreaming; your not that great and if I didn't know better, your the one who wants to kiss me" I spat and took the closest pillow nearby before throwing it at him in full force. I quietly laughed in victory when I heard him squirm in discomfort. I knew I said I wasn't going to retaliate but I couldn't help it, I'd probably flip out on the inside if I didn't do something so might as well get my aggression now rather then later!

 

I came back with the two mugs of chocolaty goodness. It was about time for something other than coffee and much sweeter too! Plus it's Christmas time, that's usually when people drink hot chocolate anyway so even better for us. 

 

I handed him the full mug as he looked back at me crossly,

 

"You overreact too easily, it was a joke and my eye hurts; you almost took it out!" he yelled

 

It barely hit him. He's over-exaggerating like usual. I'm glad I have some patience or else, I really don't know what I'd do to him.

 

"Stop complaining! It's not like I did it on purpose. And what do you want me to do; kiss your boo boo and make it feel better?" I scoffed and took a large gulp.

 

"See! You just admitted it!"

 

"Shut up!" I hissed "Stop messing around and tell me what your dad said. I have a feeling if he called to warn you, it must be important.."

 

"Oh don't remind me" he waved off and started taking small sips as well "He's going to be by the office tomorrow at one point so we both have to be on our toes. He said my mom's not here because she's helping my sister pack so that's kind of a good thing; one less person to try to work on at a time. Act natural and I think we'll both be fine. Nothing has stopped us so far" 

 

He's right...For once.

 

We've both done a good job so far. I mean, his friends have been my friends so that has made things easy but at the same time, if it wasn't for us both being so in sync, this could have all gone up in flames so far. With that being said, I think this could go well. Parent's usually love me and from what he tells me, his parent's will think I'm perfect. Then again, I'm trying to be hopeful so things don't go badly.

 

--

Next Day

 

For once we actually made it to the office on time and that's because I nagged him so much about being a better role model for the company and his dad was visiting today. You'd think that should have been enough for him but nothing ever is unless I go into crazy mode. And then he wonders why I have such a bad name with him; he's the one who makes me like this!!

 

It was a little past lunch time now and while Seunghyun is dying to eat, I could care less about food. I feel like I have to throw up from being so nervous. Sadly, meeting his dad isn't only important from a pretend dating perspective but he's a huge part of this company even though he passed it on to Seunghyun already. His opinion of me from a employee point of view can make or break my chances at working a higher position at this company.

 

Ugh! The pressure is getting to me and I never crack under pressure. I figured tea for me and his usual coffee would calm me down and get him to stop talking about food. Plus the short walk to the employee break-room gave me incentive to relax! I promised myself that by the time I get back to our office space, I'd be a completely calm person who only sees success in her way.

 

I got both of our drinks and felt proud of myself for calming myself down for once. Surprisingly, Seunghyun was the only person to calm me down when I have a moment. I guess he isn't so bad at times.

 

Taking slow sips, I tried to avoid burning the roof of my mouth with hot tea. I finally did burn myself, not on purpose, but wonder as I stared at this really tall man who walked into the office building. He was at least in his mid fifties, if not younger because he had great clear skin. His hair slightly graying but not overshadowing the very full head of dark locks that smoothed over to the side. His smile was bright and jaw-line angled just right. He wore a fitted three piece suit, Dolce and Gabbana to be exact, and I swear I could see Seunghyun in him.

 

It was then that I realized this is what Seunghyun would look like in his fifties because men tend to look like their fathers when they grow older. At that point, the way people stopped and stared at him in both fear and respect made me know I needed to get back to the room to warn him. I noticed Sarah greeting him with a bow and then hugging him. Maybe they'll talk for a while and give me time to get back. I carefully ran to the room, trying not to fall with two cups of hot steaming liquid in hand while wearing heels. The last thing I need to do is burn myself badly or to divert bad attention toward me.

 

It wasn't too hard to notice or hear me rushing into the room breathless from all the stress. I wouldn't be surprised if alarm was scribbled all over my face,

 

"What's up with you face? Did something happen?" he asked, looking up from his paperwork.

 

I stayed quiet. For some reason, I couldn't speak. I felt like a mute for a moment. I'm dying to scream out, YOUR DAD IS HERE but it won't come out. We don't have much time either!

 

I didn't even realize he was right in front of me when I brought my eyes up to his.

 

"Come on, tell me" he spoke softly, rubbing the side of my arm with long gentle .

 

It felt nice hearing and seeing this warm side of him. He can either be irritating or sweet but the sweet moments are certainly the ones I appreciate the most since the irritating side generally outweighs them.

 

"I think. I think." I started "I think your dad is here"

 

"Are you sure?"

 

"Unless there is another guy that looks just like you and has everyone walking around on eggshells, I think that means yes."

 

"Why didn't you just say so!" he yelled, completely leaving his nice side for the usual I deal with.

 

"Stop yelling! I don't know.. I don't wanna mess this up... for either one of us."

 

He chuckled and shook his head amused. before grabbing hold of both my shoulders,

 

"Your not going to mess this up. Everything will be fine if you relax! Take a deep breathe and be yourself. It would be hard not to like you" he smiled, causing me to blush deeply inside. For some reason, it kind of gave me the confidence I was searching for. Maybe I just needed to hear it once again. 

 

For once, we broke a part in time before someone walked in on us but we can thank Sarah for speaking louder then usual. Did I mention I really like her? If not I really do!

 

I kept my back to the door, pretending to go over some papers with Seunghyun when we both heard the knock at the door. He immediately walked over to greet his father but before he flashed me a smile and wink as if he was giving me even more confidence.

 

When I did turn around, I saw how happy they seemed together; hugging and smiling. A part of me felt happy to see it especially with what he mentioned about his family being so distant. Before I knew it, all eyes were on me and I couldn't be nervous anymore. I gave them both a warm smile and recieved one in return.

 

"Hello, I'm Seunghyun's father but you can just call me Mr. Choi." he said "But I don't think I've seen you around before. Are you perhaps the new assista

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter