Chapter 14/ Fate

Mr. Luminous

 

(No-one’s POV)

Naeun’s engagement party was tomorrow, everyone was hyped up and ready for the big event. Chaehee and her friends all met up at her house and happened to find Taemin, Boa and Yuna there already.

“Chaehee! Eunji! Kris! Yunho! Minhyuk! You all came!” Naeun greeted us excitedly. Chaehee wondered if she’s ever seen Naeun so excited and happy in her life.

Taemin saw Chaehee walk into the house and he unknowingly smiled. Boa looked at him suspiciously. “Yah, Lee Taemin. Who are you smiling at?” She asked curiously.

“Nothing noona, I’m just in a good mood” Taemin replied, keeping the smile on his face. He excused himself from Yuna and Boa. Walking up to Chaehee smiling, he greeted her enthusiastically.  “Chaehee, hi” He waved.

“Oh Taemin, hi. Someone seems to be in a happy mood today. Mind sharing?” She nudged Taemin, expecting him to tell her.

“I am in a happy mood, you know why?” Taemin asked, staring at Chaehee with an innocent smile on his face.

“Why?” Chaehee looked at him curiously.

Taemin chuckled from the sudden curiosity that took over. “Because you’re here Chaehee” He smiled, this time, a bigger smile than the last one.

Chaehee slightly blushed and punched his arm playfully. Taemin pretended to be hurt by the light punched and yelped in pain.

“Y-yah! Taemin, did I punch too hard?” She stuttered and gently placed her hand on the area she punched.

Taemin chuckled again, not believing that she actually fell for it. “So you’re worried?” He asked teasingly.

“Lee Taemin! You dare to joke around with me?” She pushed him with one hand, making him stumble backwards a little.

“Wow, where does your strength come from?” He teased again, causing Chaehee’s face to flush red in frustration.

“Who’s making my Chaehee angry?” Yunho came up to them to join their conversation because he was bored with the other ‘girly’ conversation that Eunji and Naeun was having.

“Why are you here, U-know monster?” Chaehee asked looking at Yunho like she was disgusted by him or something.

“I know I’m no monster. Why? You don’t want me third wheeling?” Yunho teased and laughed evilly. Chaehee was about to step on his food but he managed to escape.

“I’m going over to my other friends” Chaehee announced and was about to leave but Taemin stopped her.

“Stay here with me for a bit, I feel like a loner” He said, that was an obvious excuse to make Chaehee stay longer so he could talk to her more but even though it’s obvious, Chaehee still fell for it.

“What do you want to talk about?” She asked, waiting for Taemin to strike a conversation.

“Do you know what theme the engagement party’s going to be on?” Taemin questioned.

Chaehee nodded. “A modern royalty party” She answered. “I bought a dress without actually knowing the theme” She laughed.

“You’d still look like a princess though” The compliment made the atmosphere awkward out of nowhere, mainly because Chaehee didn’t know how to reply. Taemin seemed to be deep in thought, his expression all of a sudden changed and unreadable.

“Ahem, do you have something in mind that you don’t mind telling me about? I mean that’s what friends are for right?” Her sudden speaking woke Taemin up from his thoughts.

He smiled and shooked his head. “Nothing, don’t worry” His eyes was different from before, it was distant and somehow it showed that he was sad about something or… someone.

Chaehee knew something made him sad, she wasn’t sure if it was her or if he’s just sad because he remembered something. She didn’t want to force him to tell her so she didn’t but she was dying to know deep inside because she was worried.

Taemin looked at her with apologetic eyes. “I’m sorry if I made you think that I don’t trust you, I do but I’m just not ready to tell” Taemin apologised sincerely>

Chaehee nodded in understanding. “Don’t worry about it, if you don’t want to tell, you don’t have to. I don’t want to put pressure on anyone”

Taemin smiled thankfully. “Thanks for understanding”

For the next few minutes, they spent a nice time together laughing, talking and of course arguing. Even though they teased each other a lot, it was still fun for them.

Jinyoung and Naeun came back into the living room while holding hands.

They cleared their throats before instructing us to sit down. “As you all know, tomorrow is the engagement party for Jinyoungie and me” Naeun started.

Yunho chuckled. “Nicknames already?”

Naeun ignored him and continued to speak. “Even though it’s a party to celebrate the two of us being together but we wish to see more couples besides us” She took a deep breath to speak again but Jinyoung cut her off.

“It’s my turn to speak Naeunie” Jinyoung said making us all cringe from their cheesiness. “So we’ve decided that you guys, Naeun and my closest friends can only come if you find a partner to join us.” Jinyoung finished.

We all looked at each other and then turned our heads back to the cheesy couple. “So now it’s a modern royal couple themed engagement party?” Minhyuk asked in surprise. “But I only just got to know you guys”

“No buts little one” Jinyoung teased and walked back into the kitchen with Naeun to do their cheesy things.

 Minhyuk looked and Eunji and gulped. “Eunji, since we need a partner for this party thing, c-can you be my partner?” It was cute seeing Minhyuk stutter but Eunji nodded without hesitation.

“One couple done and three to go” Yunho announced like he was playing a game in his own world. He stood and walked to sit next to Boa. “Two done, two to go” Boa glared at him. “What? I’m trying to make this fast!”

Kris looked at Chaehee and since he knew that Taemin would probably choose her cause they were getting closer these days, he stood up to stand next to Yuna.

“We’re done!” Yunho announced relieved.

Taemin and Chaehee looked and each other and smiled. “Guess we’re together” Chaehee said, giving Taemin a high-five.

“It’ called fate” Taemin joked.

Fate, such a strange word.


Chapter update! I might update during the holidays cause I'm bored. As always enjoy~