Perfect dress

Mr. Luminous

(Chaehee's POV)

“She’s going to WHAT?” Yunho exclaimed out loud after I explain the whole Naeun story to them. “You’ve got to be kidding me! And she only met him for four days?!”

“Calm down Yunho, she’s old enough to think for herself, unlike a mature SOMEONE…” I defended, glaring at Yunho.

“Okay, so you met her yesterday and she told you all this?” Kris asked, serious as ever.

I nodded as an answer to his question.

Kris’ expression was not good. He normally shows a cold or expressionless face but this time he was angry. I understand why, I mean Naeun and Kris have known each other for a long time and that’s enough to build trust for each other and now Naeun’s getting married, she didn’t even tell him.

“Kris, you know Naeun doesn’t like to change her mind, so don’t even bother stopping her now and besides Jinyoung doesn’t seem that bad” I assured.

Kris stood up and walked away from our table, an angry face still visible.

I sighed and looked at Eunji to see if she has any comments to make but she remained quiet.

“Eunji, do you have anything to say about this?” I asked her, lowering my head to meet her eyes which were hardly visible because she had her head down.

She shook her head. “Chaehee, you said that no one can change Naeun’s mind so I’m not going to bother saying anything about it.” She smiled weakly.

One week passed like that. There was another week left till Naeun’s engagement party. Kris finally calmed down a bit, Yunho and Eunji seems to be happy about it now after meeting Jinyoung.

I yawned as I got up from bed, looking forward to the weekend. I made my way into the kitchen to make myself some breakfast and ate it quickly so I could give a surprise visit to Naeun.

Unfortunately, I had a visitor and he was no other than Lee Taemin.

“What are you doing here?” I asked in surprise after seeing him outside my house.

“Didn’t you hear about your best friend, Naeun’s, wedding?” He asked sarcastically. “You need a dress don’t you?”

So here I am, at the mall, with Taemin, looking for dresses for myself.

“Do you have a particular style you like?” Taemin asked while looking through the rack of clothes in a pretty expensive store.

“Yeah, I like clothes that aren’t this expensive, do you think I’ll have the money for this?” I asked sarcastically, trying to drag him out of the store.

“I never said that you’re paying, did I?” He looked at me and then back to the clothes.

“Wait, what? Then, don’t tell me you’re going to pay…”

He nodded. “Try this on” He handed me a black and white dress with a ribbon tied around the waist area.

“No! Put this back, I’m not going to pay for this and you’re not going to either, let’s go. I have plenty of dresses at home anyways.” I begged, trying to pull him out of the store again.

“Try this one as well” He ignored and handed me another dress. This time it was a vintage design with some lace on the end of the sleeves.

I sighed and gave up, walking into the change rooms. Firstly, I tried on the black and white dress. It was pretty but it wasn’t really my style.

“Are you done changing?” Taemin asked from outside.

“Yeah… I’m going to change back”

“No! I want to have a look first”

I rolled my eyes and pulled opened the curtains to let Taemin see me in the dress.

I felt a little awkward just standing there with Taemin looking at me.

“Try on the other one. This one’s nice but it’s not it” He said and sat back down on his seat.

I walked back into the change room and put on the second dress. “I’m done!” I pulled opened the curtains once again and this time he didn’t even hesitate to shake his head.

“Not this one either” He went back into the clothes section and grabbed two more dresses out. “Here, try these two” He handed me the two dresses and I went back into the change rooms to change again.

The first dress out of the two was a green simple dress that goes up to about the knee height. It didn’t really catch my eyes, maybe it’s just because it doesn’t suit me.

I pulled opened the curtains for the third time, already getting sick of this. “What about this one?” I asked, twirling around half-heartedly. He shook his head again and this time he even pulled a disgusted face.

I glared at him before walking back behind the curtains. I sighed as I put the last dress on. “This is going to be the last dress I’m trying on alright?” I said, hoping he’d hear.

This dress fitted me perfectly. It wasn’t too revealing, it wasn’t too eye-catching and it wasn’t too simple either. “Perfect” I whispered to myself happily.

I opened the curtains wide opened for the last time and walked over to Taemin proudly. “How about this one?” I asked and twirled around, this time with more enthusiasm.

He nodded. “You seem to be happy about it yourself. You look nice in it” He smiled. I looked up at him and my heart started beating really fast without any reasons and I felt myself blushing like crazy, did he just compliment me?

“I-I’ll change back into my clothes” I stuttered accidently and jogged back into the change room quickly.

A sigh of relief when I put my comfortable clothes back on and left that dressing room for good.

Taemin was holding a bag that had a logo of this shop on it.

I glared at him. “Did you just do what I think you did?” I asked referring to him buying the dress.

“I think I did” He giggled. “Come-on, let’s keep walking” He grabbed onto my hands and pulled me behind him. Great. Just when I thought my heart was back to normal, he decides to hold my hand like nothing was wrong.

My face was glowing tomato red, I just knew it!

“W-where are w-we going?” I asked, stuttering through my words.

“Why are you stuttering?” He asked, amused.

I shrugged, hoping he’d let go of my hand sooner but the other side of me was telling me not to let go.

“Come with me, I’ll take you to a shop you might like” He suggested confidently.


How was it? Not going to say much but enjoy~