The mansion-looking place

Mr. Luminous

(chaehee's POV)

Everything went well the next day, Taemin didn’t have the same classes as me today and I hardly saw him.

It was the end of the last class for today; I hurriedly packed up my books and grabbed my bag from my locker to go home.

I asked Kris if he could walk with me but apparently he has other activities to do after school so he couldn’t. I sighed as I walked out of the school gates, alone.

Looking up, I realised that a familiar figure was standing on the side of the foot path looking like he was waiting for someone. He turned his head around so he was facing my direction and I looked a little closer so I could see his face.

“What are you doing here?” I asked him surprised.

“Waiting for you of course. Why? Am I not allowed to stand here?” Taemin said as he grinned.

“No, I’m not saying that you can’t bu- hold on, why are you waiting for me?” I asked, then suddenly remembering the incident that happened yesterday.

“Can I talk to you?” He asked with his serious face on.

I hesitated for a moment but nodded anyways.

We walked to a nearby park and sat down.

“What did you want to talk to me about?” I asked impatiently, putting my bag next to me.

“Chaehee, I’m really sorry for what I did yesterday, it really was meant to be a joke. Will you forgive me? I don’t want to lose another friend” He apologised sincerely.

“Apology accepted. Actually, you didn’t really have to apologise to me, my reactions were kind of exaggerated.” I smiled forgivingly.

His little worried expression changed into an excited one.

“Taemin-ah, can you please tell me where Naeun is. It isn’t nice to take away someone’s friend. Naeun means a lot to us” I asked, trying my best to persuade him. I know Taemin isn’t a bad guy; he’s just brought up this way.

He let out a heavy sigh. “I’m sorry Chaehee; I can’t do anything to help. Once Boa makes her choice, she’ll never change it.” He replied, looking at me with apologetic eyes.

“I-it’s alright. I won’t ask you anymore.” I smiled weakly and stood up to leave.

“Wait! I might have a clue on where she is though…” He grabbed me by the wrist and spun me around to face him.

I looked up at him with hope. “Really? You really know where Naeun is?” I asked with wide eyes.

He hesitated for a second but nodded anyways. “I think so…”

After forty-five minutes of driving, we stopped by a mansion-looking kind of place and I just stared it in awe.

“Naeun’s not going to be the only one in there… so be careful… actually, I’ll just come with you” Taemin said after getting out of the car.

I nodded and followed his lead. He pressed the doorbell that was placed on the wall that was right next to the two giant doors.

A girl who was dressed like a maid opened the door and asked who we were but then she realised Taemin was there so she let us in.

“Master, Taemin’s here!” The maid announced out loud so her ‘master’ could hear.

A man that looked like he was in his forties or fifties slowly walked down stairs and he smiled when he saw us.

“Welcome home Taemin” He greeted with a big hug for Taemin. Taemin smiled to him but I knew it was a fake one even though I haven’t known him for long, something just tells me that Taemin doesn’t like this person very much.

“And I see you brought a friend along. May I ask, what is your name?” He questioned me making me surprised.

“U-Uh, my name i-is Chaehee, sir, Jang Chaehee” I answered with a frozen fake smile.

“Chaehee, that’s a nice name. I assume that Taemin hasn’t told you my name yet. Well, my name is Kim Jungkyu. Nice to meet you” He offered a hand shake and I accepted it.

“Anyways, why did you guys come? Taemin hardly visits me” Jungkyu glared a Taemin but Taemin had the same expression as he did a second ago.

“Chaehee is a friend of Naeun’s, she wants to see her” Taemin explained. I nodded in agreement and looked at Jungkyu as politely as possible.

“She should be back soon; she’s at the market with my son, her fiancé.” While he finished his sentence, I froze in my spot.

Fiancé? Naeun never told me that she was getting married. Wasn’t she kidnapped? How did she end up here and now she’s even getting married? Why didn’t she contact us? Millions of questions ran through my head.

(No-one’s POV)

Taemin looked at Chaehee worriedly. The truth was, he knew this all along but he wasn’t sure if it really was happening so he didn’t tell Chaehee about this.

Jungkyu read Chaehee’s confused expression and showed a slight smirk on his face. “I’m guessing you didn’t know this, am I right Miss Jang?” He looked at Chaehee and then at Taemin. ”The couple should be back soon, you can ask Naeun then” He finished his sentence and then walked back upstairs.

“Do you want to wait?” Taemin asked her worriedly. Chaehee nodded and sat down on the living room couch.

“Taemin, you knew this all along didn’t you?” Chaehee asked without any readable expressions.

Taemin hesitated but nodded. “Sorry that I didn’t tell you earlier, I wasn’t even sure myself” He apologised.

“Not your fault. All I can do is blame me for not understanding Naeun better. Now that she’s getting married, I should be happy for her. Maybe because Naeun didn’t trust me enough as her friend, maybe that’s why she didn’t tell me all this. Right now, I feel like such a bad friend” Chaehee used both of her palms to cover her face in frustration.

“You don’t need to blame yourself for all this. The others also didn’t know about this, it can’t be that all of you are bad friends. Naeun probably has a reason to keep all of this away from you guys” Taemin comforted.

The doorbell rang and the same maid went to open the door for the soon to be husband and wife.

Chaehee’s heart started thumping really fast; it’s been a long time since she’s seen Naeun.

The door opened, revealing Naeun, beautiful as ever, and he fiancé.


Are you curious on who the fiance might be? I'll give you some hints:

- He's an idol

- He's in a group that starts with the letter 'B'

- His name ends with a 'G'

- He's the leader of his group

-He does not appear in the story so far so that means that he hasn't appeared in my poster or trailer

Can you guess who he is?

Thank you for all your support, please continue to do so. Enjoy~