New friends

Mr. Luminous

 (Chaehee's POV)

“I’m so tired!” I yawned and jumped into bed.

Well, at least Naeun’s safe now. Hopefully they’d keep their promise, but I’ll have to wait six months before I can see her again. This was the first time we had to separate for so long since we met, I have Eunji but it was always better when the three of us were together.

I slowly closed my eyes and tried to forget about my worries before drifting into dreamland.

The next day, I dressed myself up and got ready for school. It took me a while to realise that Naeun wasn’t there to walk with me, it felt a little empty.

To my surprise, Kris was standing in front of my doorway waiting for me.

“Took you a while”

“You never told me you were going to walk with me.”

We kept arguing for a while when we walked passed someone who caught our eyes. Lee Taemin.  I stared at him for a while and he did the same. It’s true I hated him but there’s something about him that tells me he isn’t a bad person.

“Good morning” He greeted like nothing happened. “How’s your day?”

“It was good before until I saw a particular person”

“Oh really? Who?” He pretended to look around and while he was doing that, I pushed him aside and dragged Kris with me.

“Hey, wait up!” He called out, I rolled my eyes and turned towards his direction.

“What?” I asked annoyed.

“I wanna walk with you” He smiled, innocently and… sarcastically. If only he wasn’t pretending, if only.

“Don’t act like nothing happened Lee Taemin. We’re not friends and we can’t be. Don’t you understand? You and your friends took away one of my closest friends, all I can do is hope that you three will keep your words! Please just stop making angrier!” I snapped, I knew I was harsh but he and his friends are worse.

He sighed. “I’ll leave you alone for now but I’m not taking the words from yesterday night back, I really want to be your friend” He definitely sounded sincere but I still can’t trust him. He looked at Kris who was just standing there staring at him. “You’re very lucky; it’s very hard to find true friends” He smiled and walked away.

“He wants to be friends with you?” Kris asked.

“Apparently so.” I replied with a weak smile.

“You know, it’s not such a bad idea being friends with him, after all, you might get clues of where Naeun is from him” Kris explained with a cunning smile.

“So what you’re saying is, you want me to be a spy?” I asked, not believing that he really meant it.

He nodded. “Basically, yes.” He patted my head in a brotherly way and walked off.

I thought about it for a moment. Maybe it really isn’t such a bad idea, I smiled to myself.

Class ended pretty quickly. I went to find Taemin to tell him that I’d give him a chance to be my friend.

Lucky enough for me, he was sitting at a bench but unfortunately he was surrounded by a few popular girls.

“Maybe I should come back later…” I whispered to myself. I was about to walk off until I heard my name being called out.

“Chaehee! Come sit!” Taemin shouted. “There’s plenty of room left!” He continued.

I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and turned around with a smile on my face. “Sure, I’d LOVE to” I smiled as sweetly as I could and made my way to his bench.

“Sorry, but my friend is here and I’d like to spend some time with her so… is it okay if you leave?” He asked the girls politely. They all looked at each other and then at me.

“Alright” They said and walked away.

“Yes! Finally got rid of them” He smiled happily to himself. “So, were you looking for me?” He asked, a smile still on his face.

“N-no, well…yes, kinda” I mentally slapped myself for stuttering in this situation.

“Well then, what did you need me for?” He asked. His smile never left his face once.

“I just wanted to tell you…” Words weren’t coming out from my mouth anymore; I didn’t know what to say next. “I just wanted to tell you that I thought about what you said to me and I’m willing to be your friend” After I said those words, his smile grew wider than before, making me smile as well, unknowingly.

“So you want to be my friend now?” He asked excited like a little kid, totally different from the last time I saw him.

“I accepted only because you wanted to be my friend so badly” I teased, but unfortunately he was still smiling.

“I did…” He mumbled. “So what should we do?”

“What friends do. They tell secrets. You first.” I tried my best to get clues from him but expectedly, he was clever enough to avoid giving any hints out, as for me, I don’t know why but I keep accidently telling him my actual secrets. I admit it was some fun times but that doesn’t mean I don’t hate him.

(Taemin's POV)

Something’s wrong. Why is she suddenly being so nice? Did she become my friend just to find hints on where Naeun might be? Nah… I'm not going to assume that but for now, I’ll have to be careful.


Sorry if it's not very entertaining right now:P I still have to work on my writing skills but ENJOY:)