Mr. Lumi

Mr. Luminous

 

(No-one’s POv)

“Wah…” The moment Chaehee walked into the shop, the only noise that came from was ‘ooohs’, ‘wahhh’ and ‘ahhh’s. Taemin smiled proudly and walked around the place as well.

Sitting on a bench that Taemin was standing was a pillow-sized white teddy bear. He looked over to where Chaehee was and smiled to himself.

“May I pay for this?” He asked the cash register lady, hoping that Chaehee wouldn’t catch Taemin buying it. The lady smiled and scanned the tag on teddy bear.

“That would be 50 000 won ($44.00) thank you.” The lady said and Taemin paid the money without hesitation. Hopefully she’ll like it.

“I assume this is for your girlfriend over there” The lady said, referring to Chaehee. “She must be lucky to have a boyfriend like you” She continued. Taemin smiled awkwardly and thanked the lady before taking the big bag where the teddy was put in. Before leaving, he asks the lady to tell Chaehee to stay in this store while he goes somewhere.

He sneakily left the store and quickly ran to his car to hide the teddy. I don’t even know why I’m doing this.

He came back moments later and it seemed like Chaehee didn’t even notice that he was gone. “Chaehee, let’s go and eat” Taemin suggested as he lightly pushed Chaehee outside the store.

“Where are we going to eat?” Chaehee asked curiously, looking around for places to eat in.

“Mm, do you like steak?” Taemin asked and waited for her reaction. Her eyes twinkled upon hearing that word ‘steak’ and she immediately nodded.

“I like that idea!” She replied happily and even started to skip on the way there. Hold on… why am I so excited? Aish! I’m such a fool! Steaks are expensive aren’t they? I can’t afford it… so that means Taemin has to pay…

She suddenly stopped after thinking about it then she turned around to face Taemin but she stepped back a bit because he was unexpectedly close.

“Actually, let’s not eat steak, let’s eat… toast! I like toast!” She started heading to the restaurant that served toast.

“Wow, you sure changed your mind quickly” Taemin muttered, smiling and then followed her.

After lunch, it was about time to head back home. They both got closer after spending a few hours’ time together and made their way to the car.

“Chaehee, stand right there and don’t move. Close your eyes as well” He instructed, making her stand in front of the car door.

Taemin jogged to the car boot and grabbed the teddy that was sitting there. Hope she likes it.

“Ta-da!” Taemin positioned the teddy’s face right in front of Chaehee’s face so when she opened her eyes, she’ll only see the cute face on the teddy.

“Wah!” She gasped. “It’s so cute!” She took the teddy out of Taemin’s hand like a kid would when they see candy and hugged it tightly. “Can I have it?” She asked with puppy dog eyes.

Taemin chuckled. “Obviously, I bought it for you silly” He gently ruffled her hair and smiled. I didn’t know she had this side to her…

He drove her home and even opened the car door for her like a gentleman would.

“Thanks so much for today, I haven’t had this much fun in ages!” She smiled happily, still hugging the teddy tightly.

To Taemin, her smile was bright. It made his heart beat three times the speed of how it normally beats.

I think I might be going crazy. First, I unconsciously (or maybe consciously) bought her a teddy bear which I have never done with any other person and now my hearts beating incredibly fast after seeing her smile. What’s happening?

As soon as she got home, Chaehee ran into her room and placed the teddy carefully on her bed.

Normally, Chaehee would act the most mature out of all her friends (besides Kris) but as soon as she sees something like teddies, she turns into her childish self.

“What should I name you?” She asked the teddy bear. She couldn’t believe it either; she was talking to a teddy bear! So unlike Chaehee’s usual style. “What about Mr.Teddy? It’s simple and cute” She asked the teddy bear happily.

The bear had no reaction, obviously but that somehow made Chaehee sad. “I wish you could talk”

She thought about how happy she was with Taemin today. He seemed so much brighter happier and more innocent than normal.

An idea popped up into Chaehee’s mind. “How about I call you Mr Luminous? Cute, don’t you think?” She asked the Teddy bear again. Luminous refers to being shiny and bright, which matches Taemin perfectly after seeing him today. Since Taemin bought me this Teddy, I’ll name it, Mr Luminous.

“Mr Lumi for short” She commented happily and hugged Mr Lumi again. Am I being too happy? Eh.

 

Two more days until Naeun and Jinyoung’s engagement party. Time sure goes fast, Chaehee’s known Naeun for a while now and she can’t believe that one of her best friends was getting married.

“I can’t wait! Two more days Naeun, two more days and you’ll be engaged!” Eunji squealed excitedly. It was a normal afternoon and we were at Naeun’s place.

“I asked my parents about Jinyoung and I getting married and I couldn’t believe that they actually agreed!” Naeun squealed along.

“So, enough talk about me. I heard you and Taemin are getting closer to each other, is that true?” Naeun asked Chaehee like a news reporter. Eunji looked at her curiously as well.

“Hehe, yeah… but we’re just friends so don’t jump to conclusions!” Chaehee answered nervously.

Eunji and Naeun looked at each other. “But we weren’t jumping into conclusions, you were the one who did” They teased making Chaehee blush a bit.

“Chaehee! You’re blushing!” Eunji said happily like it was a miracle or something. “The Chaehee who was ditching guys previously is blushing! Who might this lucky person be? He must be really special to be able to make Chaehee blush like that!”


Mr Lumi's adorable isn't he? I want a teddy like him too~ Hope you enjoyed this chapter and keep supporting this fic, thanx~