The beginning

Mr. Luminous

 (Chaehee's POV)

 “Jang Chaehee, over here!” Naeun shouted to get my attention. I turned around, seeing my best friend always seems to make me smile.

“Naeun!” I ran up to her and gave her a big hug. “Sorry, I didn’t see you…”

“Nah, it’s ok. Let’s go!”

Today was the start of our second year at V.C University. The University held a school festival to welcome us back from the holidays.

There was a lot of food for me to choose from, since the moment I arrived, I’ve been stuffing my mouth with food, who cares about being lady-like when you have food anyways, right?

“Hey Chaehee, there’s going to be a show at the theatre, wanna go?” Naeun asked, obviously wanting to go herself.

I thought about it for a moment and nodded. “Why not?”

Naeun started jumping in joy and kept talking non-stop about the people that were going to perform.

“…and he’s so cute! Like seriously, if you see him, you’ll fall for him immediately. I just want to pinch his cheeks so badly!” She squealed. So, tell me, is this Taemin guy so lovable?

I pretended I was listening to her but in reality, I was spacing out.

“Jang Chaehee! Come back to earth! Hey, are you even listening? Hello?”

“Yeah, what?” I said surprised after being woken up by Naeun.

“As I was saying before someone decided to fall asleep with their eyes opened, it’s about time we start heading to the theatre.” Naeun reminded.

“Ah, right.” I checked my watch and gasped in shock. “It’s twelve already?” I asked in surprise. That means we’ve already been walking around for 3 hours.

“Yeah, why are you so surprised?” Naeun asked, confused. “The show will only take half an hour; we still have 2 more hours till home time”.

“But I said we’d meet the others at one, so the show better last for only half an hour or else we’ll be in trouble. You know how bad it gets when Kris gets angry.” I explained.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever. Let’s go before we’re late!” She grabbed my wrist, pulling me behind her. “Chaehee, hurry up! The show is about to start!” Naeun complained, letting go of my wrist.

“I’m sorry, I stuffed too much food in my mouth and if I run faster, I’ll get a stitch.” I caught up to her, took a deep breath and started running again. “Seriously, why is this University so big?” I complained impatiently.

“We’re finally here!” Naeun announced in relief that we weren’t late.

I took a seat next to Naeun and waited for the lights to go down.

“Ladies and gentlemen! Boys and girls! This is it; this is the moment you’ve all been waiting for! The first performers of today, U-kiss! Let the show begin!” The host finished his sentence and the crowd cheered for U-kiss.

They performed a song called Manmanhani and the feedback was pretty good. The show went on and on like that for 15 minutes; Naeun looked like she was getting more and more impatient.

“…and now… the second last performer of the show, Lee Taemin!” The host announced.

Naeun jumped up from her seat and started cheering as loud as she could. “Taeminnie!!!” She squealed.

“Hey, isn’t he older than you?” I asked.

“Yeah, why?” She questioned back half-heartedly.

“Seriously Naeun, Taeminnie?” I laughed.

She ignored me and kept screaming out Taemin’s name. “I’m so happy to be studying at the same University as him! Think about it, we’re breathing in the same air!” She shouted dramatically.

“If Kris saw you like this, he would’ve killed you”

“I’m going to now!” A voice from behind us said, not sounding very happy at all.

“Hehe~ hi Kris!” Naeun greeted, pretending that she doesn’t know that he’s angry.

“Chaehee, you said that you’d meet us at one, we were so worried about you guys” Kris scolded. I looked at my watch and realised that it was 2 already.

I glared at Naeun and she gulped. “Sorry…” we apologised in unison. Kris sighed and sat down next to me.

“So this was what you guys were watching…” Kris said in disgust.

“Kris, Taemin is not a ‘this’, understand?” In this world, Naeun was the only person who could talk back at Kris, it doesn’t seem like she’s afraid of him.

Kris rolled his eyes and sighed.

When Taemin finished his song, he bowed and left the stage. All the lights suddenly turned off and there was a loud noise that sounded like it came from a gun.


Sorry about the boring first chapter, I fail at starting fanfics! *Bows*