What do we do now?

Mr. Luminous

 

(Chaehee's POV)

“What just happened?” I asked Kris, but he seemed confused himself.

“I don’t know, I think something happened backstage” He stood up and made his way backstage with Naeun and I following behind.

Kris may seem cold but he’s actually very nice and he’s always willing to help other people when they need help. But sometimes, he’s too nice that he doesn’t know what danger means.

 I remember that there was one time where Kris, Naeun and I were walking on the streets with our other friends and polices was trying to catch someone that was holding a gun in his hand. Kris, without thinking, ran after the guy and he nearly got shot but lucky enough, there was actually no bullets in the gun. Naeun scolded him so much afterwards.

He opened the door to the first room in the hallway and switched the light on.

“Freeze!” A girl with a mask covering her face commanded. What shocked us the most was that there was a body lying on the ground with blood all over her. I covered my mouth to avoid any sound that will come out.

Naeun hid behind me and shut her eyes tight.

“Who are you?” Kris asked her loudly.

“Speak again and you’ll be dead on the spot” She put her gun back into her pocket and jumped out from the window. I could feel Naeun slowly letting go of me after the mysterious murderer ran away.

“What should we do with the body?” I asked, looking at the poor dead girl who was lying on the floor.

Kris went over to her and checked if she was still breathing. He carefully shut her eye which was opened before and he let out a sigh. “There’s nothing that can be done” He said.

“Do you want me to call the police?” I asked worriedly.

Kris nodded. “Afterwards, you have to tell the teacher about this” He instructed.

“Hey Naeun, do you have your pho-“She wasn’t behind me. “Kris, where did Naeun go?!” I asked, worried that something happened to her.

Without saying a word, Kris ran out of the room and tried to look for her. I followed him and was about to grab my phone out to call the others when I realised I didn’t bring it with me.

“Aish!”

“Hi~” A guy greeted and walked past me, brushing his shoulders against mine. “The name’s Lee Taemin” He said from a distance.

“Don’t go in there!” I warned him before he went into the room where the dead girl was.

“Why?” He asked.

“I’m just warning you, you’ll be shocked when you see what’s inside” I warned again. He smirked and opened the door.

“He probably fainted in there, aish! There’s no time for him. I need to find Naeun before something bad happens” I mumbled to myself.

Kris was standing at the end of the hallway, it looked like he was reading something.

“Did you find her?” I asked while catching my breath. He shook his head and handed me the piece of paper he was reading.

“Don’t worry, your little friend is safe for now. But if you tell a single thing of what you saw today to the police or teachers, I can guarantee that your friend will end up like the girl that you saw on the ground. If you want to find her, you can search for clues that I give you whenever I want to, seeya!”

I trembled at the thought that we might lose Naeun, one of my closest friends.

“Let’s go back to the room and hide the body before anyone sees it” Kris instructed. I nodded and jogged over to the room.

I pushed opened the door but in my surprise the body was gone. “W-where did it go?” I stuttered.

Kris ran over to me. “Wasn’t it there a moment ago?” He questioned back.

Then I suddenly remembered that Taemin came in here a while ago before I went looking for Naeun.

“He must have something to do with this!”

“Who?” Kris asked impatiently. “Tell me!”

“L-Lee Taemin, he walked into this room before but I didn’t see him come out” I explained.

“I’ll call the others for help” He grabbed out his phone and started texting. A few seconds later, replies came.

“Where meeting them at the café nearby” He said.

We hurried there but Yunho and Eunji was already there. Eunji was fiddling with her fingers with a worried expression while Yunho was waving to get our attention.

We sat down and told them the whole story as quiet as we can. Eunji was about to cry because of how worried she was. Eunji, Naeun and I were best friends since primary, nothing could tear us apart but now… all this happens.

“Calm down Eunji, Naeun’s going to be alright as long as we keep this a secret, alright?” Kris comforted. Eunji nodded and wiped her tears away.

“Lee Taemin is the most suspicious one right now until we find the girl who took Naeun away.

“So what are we going to do now?” Yunho asked.


Second update, Yay! *Throws confetti* I might be updating again later on today so subscribe and/ or comment~