Merry Christmas

Mr. Luminous

 

(No one’s POV)

“Merry Christmas everyone!” Chaehee greeted as soon as she walked into the classroom. The class seemed more excited than usual. For some reason, while other people were all thinking about receiving presents at Christmas, but Chaehee’s friends thought about the fun and happy memories that they’d create.

“Merry Christmas Chaehee!” Eunji greeted happily. She pulled out a box the size of a tissue box from her bag and gave it to Chaehee “Present for you!” She smiled.

Chaehee smiled back and thanked her for the present. She also searched in her bag and grabbed the present she prepared for Eunji. “Merry Christmas to you too!”

On the other hand, Taemin was looking for Chaehee to give his Christmas present to her. “Aish! Where is she?” He looked to his side and saw Yunho and another guy walking together and thought he could find out where Chaehee is if he asked them.

“Excuse me, do you know where Chaehee is?” Taemin asked, tapping Yunho’s shoulder to gain his attention.

“Sorry dude, no idea. She might be at the cafeteria, the library, the garden, her classroom, the-“

“Oh ok, thanks!” Taemin finished his sentence for him before he could continue till he mentions Antarctica.

While Taemin walked off, Yunho looked at his friend, Minhyuk with questioning eyes. “Since when did they become so close? Weren’t they friends just because we wanted to know where Naeun was. We found Naeun now but they look like they still keep in contact…”

Minhyuk looked Yunho like he was a weirdo or something since he had no idea what Yunho was talking about. “Ok… So where were we going again?”

“Ah! That’s right I was going to introduce you to my friends! But now that Taemin asked where Chaehee was, I realised that I have no idea where they are” Yunho smiled awkwardly to his friend while his friends just rolled his eyes.

It was already break time, Eunji and Chaehee headed to the cafeteria where they usually go to meet their friends.

“Kris! Yunho! Naeun! Merry Christmas!” She greeted her other friends and sat down.

“Welcome back Naeun!” Eunji said with her bright smile. An unfamiliar face was seen sitting with them.

“And who might our new friend be?” Chaehee asked, directing at Minhyuk who was sitting there awkwardly.

“Kang Minhyuk, new to this school but I’m family friends with him” Yunho introduced.

“Well, merry Christmas to you too Minhyuk” Eunji said welcomely, with her smile still on her face.

“Merry Christmas” Minhyuk blushed but the others didn’t notice except for Yunho who was right next to him.

“Blushing, eh?” Yunho whispered to his ear teasingly. Minhyuk nudged him and looked away from Eunji.

“Oh right! That Taemin guy was looking for you this morning Chaehee, he looked like he wanted to talk to you” Yunho remembered.

“Really?” Chaehee was definitely surprised to hear that Taemin wanted to talk to her. What did he want to talk to her about?

She stood up to go look for Taemin but he was already sitting at the other end of the cafeteria with Yuna, making her mission easier.

As she got closer, she began to feel nervous. Why are you nervous Chaehee, calm down and be yourself.

“Ahem” Chaehee fake coughed to interrupt their really long conversation. They didn’t even realise Chaehee was there.

“Oh, Chaehee-ah, I was looking for you this morning” Taemin smiled seeing Chaehee’s presence.

“Yeah, I know, Yunho told me” She said coldly but deep inside she was nervous, more nervous than her first speech on stage in primary/ elementary school.

“I was going to give you a Christmas present, it’s in my locker right now, do you want to come with me to get it?” Taemin asked with his usual twinkly eyes. Chaehee nodded.

“Yuna, do you want to come with us?” Taemin asked looking at Yuna.

“I’m fine, don’t need to see two lovebi- never mind, you two go”

“Ok! Chaehee Let’s go” He said excitedly like a little kid. Chaehee followed along, secretly smiling at his childish acts.

He opened his locker and grabbed out a box that was no bigger than the size of his hands but Chaehee was still touched.

She opened the mini box and it revealed a star shaped necklace that was decorated with mini stars. Chaehee looked at it with bright eyes. “Thank you Taemin!” To be honest, she also had a present for him in her bag but she had no idea how to give it to him, the gift was small compared to the one that he gave her.

“Taemin smiled seeing her all soft just because he bought her a present. “Do you like it?” He asked, anticipating her answer.

“Of course, I love it, it’s beautiful!” Chaehee exclaimed, her eyes still locked on the necklace.

“I’m glad you like it, do you want me to put it on for you?” He asked again, hoping she’d say yes.

Chaehee hesitated but nodded.

Taemin smiled and took the necklace to put it on her. Even these small gestures touched Chaehee a lot. Kris and Yunho was never this kind to her.

“There, it looks pretty on you” He complimented.

It took quite a few seconds to catch everything that Taemin just said. Normally she doesn’t take compliments seriously but this time she even blushed a bit because Taemin said it.

“Merry Christmas Chaehee” Taemin was about to leave but Chaehee held onto his wrist.

“Actually… I-I have a present for you too…” She said nervously and even stuttered at some point.

“Really? Can I have it now?” Taemin asked, looking at her with excited eyes. Chaehee nodded and led him to her locker.

“Here” She handed him a nicely wrapped box and closed her locker.

“What is it?” Taemin asked expecting her to give him an answer.

“That’s for me to know and you to find out. I know it was no-where near the present that you gave me but I hope you still like it” She smiled looking down at her feet.

Taemin unwrapped the present carefully and gasped at what he saw. “Did you make these?” He asked, pointing at the chocolates he just received.

Chaehee shyly nodded and even played with her hair which she hardly ever did.

Taemin placed a small chocolate into his mouth and smiled in happiness. “These are delicious!” He complimented again.

It was the second time he’s complimented her today, she felt really happy and she smiled to herself. “R-really? I’m glad you like it. Merry Christmas” She said shyly and walked off.

“Merry Christmas to you too” He smiled and placed another chocolate into his mouth. “But oh gosh, are there any other chocolates that can taste better than these!”


Merry Christmas everyone! Ok so here's the story, After I finished typing this chapter up, I realised that they just started the school year and blah blah blah. so just pretend that Naeun was kidnapped for a while, ok? I wanted to wirte a christmas special so badly:(