06

The Book of Secrets.

*being a rebel & updating for you guys anyway when I should be studying ^^ keke,hope you enjoy :3 

 

"Wah,this is so pretty." My eyes sparkled in delight,scanning the whole view in front of us. We were now standing in front of our town's early winter welcoming carnival after we've finished eating our ice cream.

"Do you like it?" Baekhyun chuckled,watching my reaction.

"Yes,I love it!" I squealed,jumping a little. 

Baekhun laughed and held out his hand,"So may I have the honor to hold your hand?" He cutely asked me. Ahhh,he's too cute! I thought for the millionth time today.

I giggled and shyly placed my small hands in his,"Of course you may." We broke into laughter and began exploring all around the carnival.

"Oooh look a claw machine!" I excitedly squealed and dragged Baekhyun over to it with me,"Wahhh look at that cute bear! I want it!" I proclaimed,looking through my backpack for any quarters.

"No no Jinhee,I'll get it for you." Baekhyun announced,slipping quarters into the machine,"That one right?" He pointed to a medium sized fluffly cream bear with a pastel blue polka dot bowtie.

"Mhm!" I nodded,watching his every move intentively.Baekhyun slowly got the claw over the bear and angled it nicely before letting it drop,"Ahh you've got it!!" I squealed,fist pumping in the air. Baekhyun grinned and started to move the bear to the drop box,when the bear immediately dropped from his grip.

"Awwwwwwwww" We both pouted in unision.

"It's okay Baekhyun,maybe next time." I gave him a smile and pulled his arm to leave.

"No," He pulled me back,"We are going to stay here until I get you this bear." He stated. 

I blinked at him,"But you're going to waste a l-"

"I don't care," He interrupted me,"I want to get it for you." He gave me a small smile,his eyes turning into little moon crescents. I gave up on trying to persuade him since he was too determined,so I just crouched next to him,watching him play. It was about eight times since he's given it a try,but it just never works.

"Yah Baekhyun,we can't be here forever,let's go," I tugged on his sleeve. 

"No." He responded,eyes still stuck on the machine,"Don't you have faith in me?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"This is THE Byun Baekhyun here." He flashed a grin. I rolled my eyes,ignoring the butterflies that were going wild in my stomache. 

"Got it!" Baekhyun exclaimed,jumping a bit from excitement. My eyes widenned and I leaned in to get a better look;he already had the bear tight in the claw and was slowly moving towards the drop box.

"You can do it!" I clapped my hands together,"Go Baekhyun!!" I my inner cheerleader and began cheering for him in all sorts of ways,making him laugh but still focusing intensely on the claw. 

"GOT IT!" Baekhyun shouted,bending down to grab the bear once it slid down the tunnel.

My eyes widenned in excitement once he handed the bear to me,"Kyaahh! It's so cute!" I squealed,cuddling it close to my face,"Thank you Baekhyun!" I giggled,jumping on him to give him a big hug. 

Once my laughing died down I realized how awkward I was and quickly retreated from his embrace,"O-oh,I'm so so sorry. I was just...excited and it's just..so cute..and it's all thanks t-to you... an-"

I instantly stopped rambling when he put his index finger against my lips,"Shh,it's okay Jinhee. I like seeing you excited and happy;it's cute." He chuckled,ruffling my hair before walking on ahead of me. I stood there,completely shocked from what just happened. My eyes darting around like crazy and if it was even possible,my lips feeling as if they were about to burst from his touch.

"Are you coming?" Baekhyun called for me. I turned to see him holding out his hand again,"This carnival isn't gonna explore itself." He grinned. I nodded and  ran over to him with the bear dangling in my hands,eager to see what else the carnival had in store for us. 

The both us walked hand in hand around the carnival,covered in prizes and fun carnival accesories. The day was soon coming to an end,the sky getting darker and darker,but school was the last thing on my mind. I was having an amazing time with Baekhyun.

"Come on,I have somewhere I want to go before we leave," Bakehyun dragged dumbfounded me behind him. 

We were soon riding on the ferris wheel,the beautiful view of the lighted carnival below us. I gaped at the wonderful scenery considering that it was my first time ever seeing the carnival like this. I've never actually went to the carnival before,maybe a quick stroll through with my friends back at my old school,but never like this. Never with,my attention shifted to Baekhyun,anyone special before. 

"So what view are you enjoying?" Baekhyun turned his gaze to look at me,"The carnival lights? Or me?" He smirked.

I madly blushed and blinked before looking away,"P-psh. The carnival lights of course.." I muttered,completely embaressed because I just got caught red handed. 

Baekhyun chuckled and scooted a bit closer;maybe a little bit too close for my heart rate to handle,"I'm just joking Jinhee. Isn't the view beautiful from here though?" He looked ahead. 

I followed his gaze and admired the beauty of the lights,"Yeah." I breathed,"It really is." 

"But too bad it's not as beautiful compared to what I'm looking at." He whispered loud enough for me to hear.

My head tilted in confusion, but aren't we looking at the same thing? I turned to ask him what in the world he was talking about only to come face to face to his intense stare. Crap,he got me. 

My cheeks were probably redder than a tomato at this point,"Y-you mean.." I began to stutter hopelessly. You shouldn't even bother talking Jinhee.

Baekhyun continued piercing his eyes through my soul and raised his hand to caress my cheek,"Yes you,pabo." He flashed me an eye smile,"I think you're really...cute and interesting." He pressed his lips into a firm line,"I hope you will give me a chance? 

Can someone pinch me please? Is this even reality? No boy has ever gave me this kind of attention none the less one of the most popular handsome boy at school!? But either way I have my dignity to hold onto,and no way was I going to be known as the new easy girl. Heck,I haven't even made a single friend yet besides Kai and that jerk face isn't even considered one! 

I gave him a sly smile and used my finger to push his cheek away,"We'll see about that." I answered. 

Baekhyun gave me a lopsided grin,"Ahhh,alright alright." He stood up and opened the ferris gate for me since the ride had just ended,"But don't worry Jinhee. I always enjoy a little chase." He whispered into my ear as we were walking out,sending shivers down my spine.

I turned around,"We should be getting home now;it's getting pretty dark." I looked around. 

"Yeah we should," Baekhyun grabbed my hand once again. Boy am I gonna have to get used to this. "Let's go." He leaded me out of the carnival.The streets of the town were pretty much vacant now,not a lot of people were really wandering around anymore,and most of the little shops were already closing. 

"My bike!" I gasped,realizing that I've totally forgotten about it. 

Baekhyun's eyes widenned,"Omo. Ahjussi probably closed down already." He squeezed my hand,"I'm so so sorry. How bout I walk you home and go grab the bike tomorrow morning and give it to you at school? Sounds good?" He suggested. 

I twisted my lips,"That does sound fair." I grinned,"Deal." We laughed and continued walking together in the dark,my teddy bear hanging onto my other hand. We soon reached my house which meant it was time to bid Baekhyun goodbye. 

"Thank you for today!" I smiled,"Even though you totally made me look like a bad new student and made me miss tutoring after school which isn't going to leave a good impression either." 

Baekhyun raised his brows,"Woah woah,I thought you were thanking me here?" He chuckled,ruffling my hair,"Don't worry about it. They don't usually make big deals out of one day absences." He gave me an assuring smile.

"Whatever you say," I rolled my eyes,"You should probably get going now. Thanks for walking me home." I slowly slipped my hands out of his. 

"Wait." Baekhyun swiftly pulled me back in for a hug. I held my breath and slowly hugged him back,blinking rapidly because of the sudden skinship. 

"Thank you for today as well Jinhee." His low voice muffled in my hair,"It was enjoyable." He smiled.

I slowly got out of the hug,coming face to face with him again,"Me too." I gave him a big grin,"And don't worry,I'll take good care of Baekie." I held up my teddy bear. 

"Baekie?" He laughed.

"Yes!" I giggled,"I named him after you." I held the bear close to my face while pointing at him.

He broke into laughter and squeezed my cheeks,"Aigooo,you're the cutest thing ever." 

My eyebrows scrunched together and I swatted his hands away,"Yah,no more wasting time. Go home now please before it gets even darker." I said sternly. 

He shook his head,"Arraso,Arraso. I'll go,goodnight Jinhee!" He pulled me in for one last hug,"And oh yeah,one more thing." His voice vibrated onto my hair.

"Hmppfh?" I asked,my face buried into his shoulder.

"Don't dream of me too much." He whispered into my ear,causing them to instantly turn red.

I used both of my hands to shove his chest away,"Dream on Baekhyun." I smirked,taking one last look at the grin on his face before leaving.

"Bye Jinhee!" He waved one last time when I reached my door step. I waved with Baekie and shooed him away with my hands. He started laughing and stuffing his hands into his pockets as I watched him walk down the sidewalk. 

Byun Baekhyun,how did someone so perfect like you walk into my life?,was all I could think of as I watched him leave.

Kim Jinhee,this is only the beginning. Baekhyun smirked as he walked home. 

 

 

*A/N: tun tun tun!!! It's about time some drama kicks in >:) 

Very very fluffy chapter guys be careful please don't die on me ^^ Haha your comments are amazing <3

Thank you guys for waiting for me & sticking with me to update! Really means a lot. A lot of the chapters are pre typed or added bit by bit each day so I can just update frequently once finals are over! (x

Well anyway hope you guys enjoyed,comments are always loved! <3

And don't forget to subscribe! 

P.S sorry for any grammer or spelling mistakes >//<