12

The Book of Secrets.

*Sorry for having everyone wait! Here's an update for ya! :) 

 

"Jerk." I muttered,kicking random rocks here and there as I trudged to school. Baekhyun was texting me non-stop last night,keeping his little worthless promise of texting his "princess" since he was hanging out with his "friends" all day. Scrolling through his text messages made me feel worse,so after the first ten I didn't even bother looking at my phone anymore. I also didn't even bother taking my bike today because I didn't want to risk seeing Baekhyun or Kai at the bike railing,and I wasn't really forward to getting to school quickly anyway. Last night was probably the longest and hardest I've ever cried for a long time. Heck,I don't even know if I got any sleep. I was not looking forward to seeing Baekhyun today. I didn't know how I was going to handle this,did I want to confront him about it? Of course not,I at those things and it'll just make matters nothing but  worse. 

Why did a big part of me insist on not saying anything? It was weird,I didn't want him to know anything. I kept pushing that to the back of my mind,hoping that everything wasn't true anyway so I didn't have to worry. As much as it hurts to admit;I don't want our 'relationship' to be over. I don't want to loose him so quickly,I want him to hold me tight in his arms and whisper sweet comforting words to me. Was that too much to ask for?

Obviously it was.I inwardly groaned as I reached the front school gates. I sighed and tightened the grip on my backpack straps. Well,here goes another day of my continuous crappy life,I thought. I hung my head low and hurried to  first period,making sure nobody catches me in the hallways. 
 

゜・。。・゜゜・。。・゜゜・。。・゜

 

"Phew,that was close." I let out a sigh as I peeked out from behind the wall,staring at Baekhyun and his friends walk away in the distance. Avoiding Baekhyun all day wasn't so easy;he always appeared out of no where I least expected him to. And I don't know if it was just me and my lovesick mind,but sometimes it felt as if he was looking for me. As if his eyes were scanning the crowd for me,but of course I made sure I was never in his sight. 

School flew by rather slow today,probably because I was moping around the whole time,causing time to go by even slower. I was on my way to tutoring now,which kind of lifted my spirits since I get to see Sehun again. But I was unsure if I was going to tell him everything that actually happened;I mean,they are friends. I don't want to risk anything. But the other half of me feels guilty,for leaving him out of nowhere without an explanation with my change of attitude. 

"Aish," I muttered,ruffling my hair in fustration. 

"Are you lost again?" I blinked and looked up. Oh,it's the weird girl from last time. 

"Do you need to know where something is?" She asked once again. I quickly waved my hands,"A-anyi,I don't. Thanks." I gave her a small smile.

I was going to continue walking right by her when she stuck out her hand,"I guess I never got to properly introduce myself last time. I'm Sohee." She smiled. 

I awkwardly shook her hand,"Hi,I'm Jinhee." 

"I'm so sorry about the confusion last time." She cheekly smiled,scratching her head,"I didn't mean to scare you or anything." 

I laughed and waved it off,"You don't have to be sorry;it's fine." 

I flinched a little when she suddenly appeared an inch away from my face,"Aigoo,why do you have such bad eyebags now?" She frowned,"The last time I saw you,you were perfectly healthy!" I blinked and in my breath,did I look that bad? Thank god Baekhyun didn't get to see me at all today. Aish,Jinhee what are you thinking! 

I nervously scratched my head,"Ah,who knows why. Too much school work?" I cracked a small laugh. She narrowed her eyes and pulled her face away from mine,"Woah,seriously? What classes are you even taking?" 

"Just regular senior requirements with some honor classes here and there," I began,"And then I have tutor center afterschool." I sighed. Sohee's eyes widenned,"You do tutor center?" I nodded.

In a whisp of time she latched herself onto my arm and dragged me down the halls,"H-hey the tutor center is the other way!" I protested. She shook her head,"No way am I letting you stuff your face in some more books," She grinned,"Not looking like that." I huffed at her response and decided not to reason anymore.

"Where are we going?" I asked as we reached the school gates.

"I'm taking you out to eat." She grinned. I pursed my lips and nodded;I guess tutor center can do without me again today. I froze and my thoughts immediately ran into Sehun;what if he thought I was avoiding him? Or even worse,the events that happened the day at the mall was his fault? I shook the thought out of me and pushed Sehun to the back of my mind and tuned in onto the many stories Sohee was blabbing on about. Hopefully the thought won't be bothering me for rest of the time.

 

 

 

Surprisingly,it never did. Sohee was such a great person. She was funny and adorable,she really knew how to make someone's bad day ten times better. Her stories always kept me entertained and tuned in;she filled me in on the school's latest news,the student body,all the sports games,and basically everything else that's happening on campus.

"So what's up with you lately Jinhee?" Sohee popped a piece of dimsum in ,"You've been awfully quiet." 

I sighed and played around with my chopsticks,"I'm sorry,I'm not usually like this." I muttered,pointing to my obvious eye bags. She laughed,"Yeah,you don't say?"

"Did anything happen?" She asked with a worried tone. I immediately shook my head,"No. It's just school work." I lied. 

Sohee rolled her eyes,"I've never seen anyone worry this much over school work." She chuckled,"It's not even close to exams yet." I shrugged my shoulders and stuffed a spoon full of soup in my mouth. 

"This couldn't be about the infamous dazzling flower boys at our school can it?" She joked,rolling her eyes. My eyes widenned before literally choking on my food. I quickly covered my mouth and grabbed a glass of water,chugging all of it down. I slammed the cup on the table and took a deep breath,recovering from the mini heart attack I just had. 

Sohee narrowed her eyes at me,"Jinhe..." She began."Please tell me they're not the reason why you're like this." 

I nervously gulped and shook my head,"O-of course not.." I muttered. It became quiet for a good amount of time so my  eyes wandered around the room until it landed on a very serious looking Sohee. 

"You can tell me Jinhee." Her face softened. "Aren't you going to give me my chance of being a friend?" She lightly joked.  

Friend. I repeated to myself. Isn't that what you've wanted all this time Jinhee? A friend? Somebody the same gender as me to spill all my feelings to? Isn't that what I've been longing for the minute I stepped onto this campus? And there's Sohee. She came off a little weird at first,but look at her now. She's caring,respectful,and has a great sense of humor. Shouldn't I be glad someone like her is befriending me? Did I not deserve her? Was I too engrossed into Baekhyun to even care about my own feminine needs? I let out a long sigh and looked straight at Sohee who was still anticipating my answer. Well,here goes nothing. 

 

゜・。。・゜゜・。。・゜゜・。。・゜

 

So I told her. Every single detail from beginning to end,I told her everything. From my first time encountering the notebook,which of course I spent about ten minutes apologizing for lying to her. From the very first time I ran into Baekhyun;all our little inside jokes and adventures,I told her. The heartbreaking and hardest part was to tell her about Jia,about how I saw her text to him when we were on our date,and how I caught the both of them together at the mall. It hurt. It really did. 

Seeing Sohee's sympathetic face torwards me made my heart cringe even more;it made me feel worse that people had to pity me for all this crap I'm going through. I tried my best to stay strong,to finish my story without looking one slight bit vulnerable. But of course,that couldn't happen. Before I could even stop myself,I was already sobbing into Sohee's arms.

"T-They kissed in front o-of me Sohee.." I hopelessly choked on my words. 

She tightened her grip around my shoulders and soothingly patted my head,"Shh,it's okay Jinhee. Please don't cry." Her soft voice cooed in my ears. "Are you done telling me everything so I can give you my two cents?" She asked. I sniffed and nodded. 

"You should know Jinhee..." Sohee bit her lip before continueing,"That you're not the first girl who's experienced this situation."

I gave her a quizzical look,"Well of course there's many other girls out there that ha-"

"With Baekhyun." She cut me off. My eyebrows knitted together,"W-what?" My voice shook a little,"What are you talking about?" 

Sohee sighed before continueing,"Baekhyun...he's...not what you think he is." She gave me stern look. "Baekhyun's known school wide as the biggest playboy to ever walk on campus. He has little flings here and there,of course none of them are ever taken seriously. He effortlessly plays around with girls and throws them away once he's tired of them. He's..what us girls would seriously classify as a jerk." She unraveled her arms from my shoulders and waited for my response. 

I blinked at her,"I..I don't understand Sohee.." I buried my face into my hands,"That can't be true. Baekhyun's..a g-good guy."
 

"Jinhee." She gently pried my hands off my face,looking at me straight in the eye,"Do you really want to keep lying to yourself after what you've witnessed with your own eyes?" Her face softened. I stayed silent so she continued,"Baekhyun plays around with everybody he's willing to chase after;one minute he has you completely swooning over him and his devious looks,and the next...you're just a thrown away toy Jinhee-ah." Sohee trailed off,"I don't want an amazing girl like you to be falling right into his game." She gave my hands a small squeeze. 

My vision began to blur as I took in everything she just said,"W-what do I do Sohee?" 

She slowly wiped the tears off my face,"You forget." She pressed her lips into a thin line,"You move on and forget everything about that worthless bastard." 

I know I should've agreed to that in an instant. It was the most reasonable thing to do,just simply move on. But a thought triggered in my mind once it had registered what Sohee told me. I can't forget. I most definately can slowly move on,but I can't forget about it. No single boy has ever treated me like this,like a worthless piece of toy he could play with whenever he wanted to. That's no doubt something even my naive self can never forget. But even being so,why was it that I wanted to do much more? Why did I want him to feel twice as horrible as I'm feeling right now? It was then that I knew I couldn't listen to Sohee and cope with her advice. 

 

 

"No." My fists clenched together,"I'm not forgetting Sohee."  She gave me a questioning look. "I can't forget what horrible things he's done even though we were never official,and even though I knew nothing about his playboy personality."

She tilted her head,"But I thought you had the notebook?" She questioned,"Everything you had to know about him was in there,so how come you didn't know anything about him?" 

My eyes widenned. That's right. The notebook. He was the only person I never got to read about. I bit my lip in anger,if only I hadn't lost in somewhere in my room,I could've prevented the worst from happening. "I..I lost the notebook somewhere in my room." I confessed to Sohee. 

Sohee blinked at me before responding,"Ah,so that's the reason." She clicked her tongue,"If you haven't finished the notebook,then how come you're saying you can't forget?" 

"I'm not letting the bastard get away with breaking my heart." My teeth clenched together. "Not when he's broke down my walls and hurt me when I was most vulnerable." I inhaled deeply,"Not when I'm already in love with him." 

Sohee's eyes widenned,"So..you want to get him back?"  I bit my lip and nodded,"Get him back so hard he'd wish he was in hell rather then running around playing with my feelings." I could feel the blood boiling in my body. 

Sohee grinned before placing her hands on my shoulders,"I like the way you think." She giggled,"I'll be right here beside you no matter what." She gave my shoulder a playful punch. I grinned and lightly slapped her hand. 

"But in that case,I really think you need to find the notebook." Sohee said. "You'll be more then happy to see what it contains." She winked. 

I ruffled my hair,"Aish,I guess I need to flip my whole room upside down for it." I rolled my eyes. 

Sohee laughed and checked her phone for the time,"Woah,it's getting late. We should start going now." I nodded and began gathering my things. "Do you wanna spend the night at my place?" She asked,scrolling through her phone. 

I grinned,"You bet." 

 

゜・。。・゜゜・。。・゜゜・。。・゜

 

The both us happily chattered from the restaurant back to Sohee's place. She lived in a fairly big house,much nicer and put together then mine though. I chuckled and shook my head,remembering my mom at home. 

"Ah! I need to tell my mom!" I pulled out my phone. Sohee nodded and went into the house first to inform her mom as well. 

It was surprisingly easy to ask for permission from my mom,mostly because she was excited that I finally made a friend. She said she's been waiting for ages to hear me ask her those words. I chuckled and bid her goodbye,ending the call. I was brought back to my phone wallpaper,and I froze at the sight of it. There we were,smiling like the happiest couple in the world,our faces squished into the lens and grinning widely. There it was,staring straight at me. I sighed and ran my thumb over his face on the screen. Baekhyun,how could you? I bit my lip to surpress the tears. Not now Jinhee,not now.

"Jinhee-ah!" Sohee called,"What's taking you so long? My mom wants to meet you!" She hollered.

"Ah,I'll be right there!" I quickly locked my phone and shoved it in my pocket,hurrying inside the house. 

Well,a little piece of memory couldn't hurt right? 

Wrong. 

 

 

* A/N: Whooo you have a friend! :') *throws confetti*  This chapter isn't much really,just a filler chapter. But things are getting started here ;) 

Sorry if I'm not keeping my words and updating often! :/ Ah,I try my best to really but school's so annoying! >//<

Hope you enjoyed this chappie & comment below what you think! ^^ 

Love you all! Please believe in me! *blows kisses*

 

And happy birthday to our precious Kyungsoo & Jongin! ^___^ <3 

 

*photo credits to rightful owner!