16

The Book of Secrets.

"Woah..." My mouth hung open as I tried to take in everything my eyes have just read. 

"Is this serious right now?"  Sohee questioned, also in shock.

I gave her a look and slowly nodded,"I think this is serious." I barely whispered. We spent about one and a half hour reading every single thing about Baekhyun in that book,and boy was it long. He literally took up three fourths of the book and it was all about how much of a jerkface he was. It was completely unbelievable and the Baekhyun these girls were describing horrified me. Could it possibly be the sweet and innocent Baekhyun she's seen before? Obviously not. The answer was clear, and I didn't want to believe it. 

I was spaced out until I felt a pair of hands on my shoulders,"Hey.." Sohee softly asked,"You're okay right?" I bit my lip and nodded, surpressing all the tears from flowing. "I'm fine." I whispered. 

She heaved a sigh and flipped onto the next page,"Well, let's go and see how we get things done." She let out a dry laugh. I smiled and plopped myself down next to her again. "So what does it say?" I asked,following the words she was reading.

"It says, step 1: get into the game." My eyebrows knitted together as I pursed my lips,"But wait...aren't I already in the game?" Sohee shrugged, "Well I'm guessing you should be?" I shrugged as well and motioned her to continue. 

"Step 2: Reverse the game." I was a bit taken back and my eyebrow arched in curiosity,"Reverse?" I looked at Sohee,"What else does it say?"

"When reversing the game, be sure that you've got him completely wrapped around your finger. Once you've got that done, go ahead and reverse the game, in which he's the one who's hopelessly asking for your attention and love." Sohee smackerd her lips,"Well this a big step,oh wait there's more! Oh and by the way, this is where most girls fail the most, since they get stuck at step one and can't even move." She gave me a worry glance.

I let out a small sigh and rested my chin on my arm,"So I suppose we need to get step two initiated?" You wondered out loud. You could hear Sohee closing the book,and you turned to look at her,"What do I do?" Silence engulfed the room as the two of you laid there and pondered. It was merely impossible for you to do such a thing. Reversing the game? There was no way you could do that when you still stutter like an idiot in front of him! How are you ever gonna wrap him around your finger like he's wrapped you? The thought of slowly eating away your brain as you mutter inchoherant words to yourself. 

"KIM JINHEE!" Sohee's sudden outburst caused you to flinch in surprise. "You want to get this kid back right?!" 

You quickly nodded and watched her walk over to your vanity mirror, grabbing your cuppard of make up and dumping it all over the bed. "Then you better start using all these things I've never seen you touch before." She grinned. "You better get your stuff together and look into that mirror every single day," her index finger flew back to point at it,"and tell yourself that you are worth a million times better than that little cheating bastard, you hear me!?" Her sudden pep talk got me a bit overwhelmed and scared, but excitement rose up in my stomache as I jumped up,"Yes!" I exclaimed,"I am going to collect myself together, and show this bastard what I'm capable of!" I pumped my fist into the air. 

"That's my girl!" Sohee squealed, tackling me and the two of us rolled around in my bed,shouting in victory and cursing at Baekhyun. At that moment in my life I felt like I could do anything, like I had all the confidence in the world and that I was going to succeed greatly. I can do it.

 

゜・。。・゜゜・。。・゜゜・。。・゜

 

"Oh my god, I can't do this." My voice cracked as you stared at yourself in the mirror. I had to wake up extra early today to doll myself up and actually put effort into my hair .I was  sure as hell confident when Sohee was with me last night, but once I finished fixing myself up, I felt all my hopes and dreams have been flushed down the toilet. Who was I  kidding? I  can't do it, I was too afraid. 

But then the image of Baekhyun and Jia flashed through my head and I let out a low growl,"No. I have to do this."  I  gave myself a determined nod before grabbing my backpack and heading out the door. 

"You better watch out Byun Baekhyun" I whispered, hopping onto my  bike.

 

The minute I arrived at school, I felt like shrinking into an ant and turning right around. I've never been to school looking this dressed up before. In fact it would be quite a surprise to see  me putting effort into my looks at all. I wasn't the type of girl to doll herself up every single day, only special occasions did the job for me. But I figured I would have to deal with it for a while. 

I quickly hopped off my bike and hurried over to the bike railing. I didn't want to deal with another nowhere to leave your bike episode, because honestly I'd much rather not think about the events that happened that day.

"Hey little lady,you new?" A sweet chocolate covered voice cooed. I immediately froze, it didn't sound like Baekhyun at all. I slowly turned around and it surprised me to see a grinning Kai twirling his bike keys. Great, I inwardly scoffed, not only is he total douche bag but he's a major flirt. Does he seriously not regonize me right now? I was about to blow up on him and give him a piece of my mind, but something struck me. Maybe I could just play along with him and test myself at how good I am with these things. 

I took a deep breath before answering,"What's it to ya?"