11

The Book of Secrets.

I freely rolled around my bed with my face stuffed in my pillow. Ahhh,a free Sunday never felt this good. I smiled to myself and checked my phone for the time. Woah,12 in the afternoon already? I ran my fingers through my hair and stared at my door;I don't hear anything downstairs so umma probably left for work.

I let out a small sigh as I sat up,my legs criss-crossed. What was I going to do today? I glanced over at my backpack thrown in the corner. Homework? My nose scrunched in disgust. Nah I've had enough of school work. I closed my eyes and stretched out my arms. What is there to do? I pouted,looking around my room,my eyes darting past my closet. Shopping? Maybe it's time to dedicate some time to myself. With a satisfied grin,I hopped off bed and got ready for 'me' day.

"Lee dee daaa," I hummed as I threw my hair up in a ponytail.  I decided to be comfy today,resulting in wearing just a plain knit sweater and jeans,since it might get a bit chilly later. I securely pulled on my pony tail one last time before looking at myself in the mirror,"Ready to go." I grinned and whipped around to grab my bag. 

I wasn't much of a shopping person;you could seriously tell by my non up to date wardrobe. So I guess today was a big catch up day for me fashion wise. I was in such a great mood,and not once ever was I this excited about going shopping by myself. Maybe it was Baekhyun? I did smile non stop ever since I got home last night. I hummed and shrugged my shoulders,who cares,as long as I'm feeling good! I looked up at the tall glass building in front of me,time to shop 'till you drop Jinhee! I threw my fist up and did a small 'hwaiting!' before entering. 

 

゜・。。・゜゜・。。・゜゜・。。・゜

 

"Wah,this one's really pretty too." I muttered,feeling the fabric of the shirt. I would be lying if I said I didn't go crazy. I have at least 5 other shopping bags hanging on my wrist,and more to come by the looks of things. I tilted my head and stared at the two shirts I was holding up in front of me,"I don't know which color to get." I pouted,letting out an annoyed sigh. Gee,who knew shopping would be this stressful. 

"Get both,they really suite your skin tone." A voice cooed from behind me. I immediately turned around,coming face to face with a grinning Sehun. 

"S-Sehun?" My eyes blinked in bewilderment. He cutely smiled and waved,"Hi noona!" He exclaimed. I narrowed my eyes at him,"What are you doing here?"

He shoved his hands into his pockets,"What else? I'm shopping!" He gave me a look.

"In this girly shop?" I rolled my eyes,"Are you sure you're not just stalking me?" I joked. I chuckled and shifted my attention back to the two shirts I was holding,not noticing Sehun pinking up a bit. 

"A-anyi! Of course not,I just saw a familar figure lingering around here so I came to say hi. Turns out it's just you." He stuck his tongue out.  I scoffed and gave his shoulder a playful punch,"Yah,I'm in the middle of a shopping crisis here!"  Sehun nodded his head and took a stern look at the two shirts on the hangers I had held up. 

"I told you,just get both!" He finally said. I groaned,"I can't Sehun! Do you not see how many shopping bags I already have!?" I lifted my arm up to show him. 

"You can never have enough clothes." He stated in a matter-of-fact tone. I blew a rasberry,"I know that,but I can't have my wallet bursting out in tears Sehun!" I snapped. The younger boy suddenly snatched the clothing pieces from my hands,making his way to the check out counter.

"Yah!" I shouted,quickly catching up to him,"What do you think you're doing?" My hands rested on my hips as I glared at him laying the shirts down on the counter.

"Well if you can't decide on which one to buy,then I'll just buy you both of them." He said,handing the lady a handful of cash. "Y-yah!" I reached out to grab his hand back when his shoulder abrubtly blocked my way. 

"Sehun!" I shouted and attempted to stop him once again until he turned around and grabbed my wrist,dragging me out of the shop. "Yah,what are you doing?!" I shrieked,wiggling myself out of his grip. 

"I'm buying you things noona,your welcome." He remarked sarcastically,shoving the shopping bag at me. 

"I never asked you!" I protested. Sehun ignored my protest and continued speaking,"So how 'bout you let me accompany you on this shopping trip?" He raised a brow. "You do owe me." I rolled my eyes at his behavior,"Fine Sehun." He held out his arm and I looped my arm through his,"But you better prepare yourself for this shopaholic." I grinned,pulling him along.

"You don't scare me." He chuckled,as we began roaming around the mall together.

 

゜・。。・゜゜・。。・゜゜・。。・゜

 

About 2 hours have passed shopping with Sehun,and I've got to say,he was a pretty good shopping buddy. We didn't end up buying a lot of things;which I didn't mind because making him try on clothes was already entertaining enough. My phone consisted of about 20 photos of him in dresses,so I wasn't really complaining.

"AHAHA Look at you here oh my god your face!" I laughed,shoving my phone at him to see.He kept a straight face and swatted my hand away,"Yah,we made a deal that you weren't going to show that to anyone!" I rolled my eyes and punched his arm,"Yes mother,I know. You've told me that about 1,000 times already." I stuck my tongue out. "I get it."

I continued scrolling through all my pictures,"Ya know,your body's very suitable for dresses." I hummed. He decided to ignore me once again,so I just giggled to myself. 

"Let's go in here!" Sehun dragged me into a ridiculous hot pink bedazzled boutique. My eyebrows srunched together as I observed my surroundings,"What are we doing here Sehun?" I muttered. "This place is so girly and overwhelming,I hate it." I looked to my right to get an answer from him,but he was no longer beside me. 

"Yah Sehun!" I cupped my hands over my mouth,"Sehun where are you!?" I heard his muffled chuckle somewhere and my ears instantly perked up,trying to locate where he was. I began walking around the store,looking at things here and there,but mainly looking for the moron Sehun. This shop was literally screaming 'diva'. I don't know what in here has intrigued Sehun to go bonkers,but I knew this definately wasn't his style. I kept having a little feeling that whatever Sehun's planning was NOT something I was going to enjoy,but I tried pushing that to the back of my mind while I wandered around in search for him. 

I blew a rasberry and plopped down in front of a nearby maniquen counter. "Where is he?" I muttered,my hands playing around with my phone as I scanned around. I heaved a sigh before deciding to give up completely. Once he's done with whatever he's doing,he'll come looking for me anyway. My attention soon shifted to the large glass window in front of me,watching everything that was going on outside. 

I smiled to myself as I watched all the smiling faces of old couples,or families with strollers walk by. The atmoshphere felt so warm and at home today. I picked a good day to go shopping. I grinned and continued looking around the packed place.

 

My eyes were fixed on the winter decorations they had hanging on the roof of the mall.  All the beautiful gold and silver streamers and jingle bells amazed me. I quickly glanced back down at everyone in front of me and back around the shop until something caught my eye,causing me to take a double look immediately. 

I sat there,frozen,completely unaware of anything around me now,except the heartbreaking image in front of me. There they were;Baekhyun..holding a girl's hand. And that girl.....wasn't me.

I didn't want to believe it,my hands slowly traveled to my shoulders,giving it a light pinch,hoping that this was just an illusion. But it wasn't. I harshly bit my lip and tried to keep the tears from falling. I continued watching the two of them,swinging eachother's hands and laughing,obviously having the time of their lives. Having such a good time,they didn't even notice the torn apart girl watching them through the window. 

I blinked a few times,carefully wiping away the tears in the corner of my eyes. As soon I  could no longer see the two,I unconciously found myself hurrying out of the boutique,walking my fastest so I could catch up to them. Sehun was no longer a priority to find,he could wait for me all day if he wanted. I continued wiping my eyes while going after them,keeping my distance.

Once in a while, my mind would trigger and ask me;what exactly are you doing Jinhee? Aren't you ashamed? What if Baekhyun just turned around right now and caught you? 

But I continued on,despite the thoughts banging on the side of my head;I have to know what's going on. 

I followed them until they turned a corner,and of course I was right behind them. My eyebrows squinted together when I no longer saw them in front of me. My eyes darted left to right,where have they gone? 

My heart completely stopped as I finally spotted them. She was up against the wall while Baekhyun's head was resting on her neck,the both of them giggling to eachother. I bit onto my lip to surpress the tears from falling,but that was no help. After what seemed like 5 minutes of me standing there and watching them eat eachother,reality snapped into me and I quickly retreated back against the other wall. 

I buried my face into my hands,sobbing hopelessly. This isn't a dream right? Was that even Baekhyun? Maybe I've mistakened it for someone who looks like him? I continued giving myself excuses as my crying soon died down. I could still hear the both of them giggling until a conversation perked up my ears.  I pressed my back against the wall and leaned over a little,not too much so they couldn't see any part of me sticking out. 

"Oppa I missed you!" The girl giggled.

Baekhyun chuckled before answering,"I've missed you too Jia." 

I froze and the biggest lump began forming in my throat. J-Jia? Why did that name sound so familiar? Then it hit me.

Jia. The girl that texted him when we were out on our date yesterday. I clenched my fists together as my head hung low. Why was this happening to me? I heard more of their giggles and chatter until I broke out running,running and crying like a crazy person in the mall.  But I didn't care,I needed to get out of here.  I continued running and wiping my eyes,the shopping bags scraping my arms everywhere,but I could care less. What use did all these pretty clothes have to me now? I had no one to impress. 

I was close to the entrance when a familar voice shouted my name,"JINHEE!" I didn't bother turning back and continued going for the doors until a hand pulled me to a stop.

"Jinhee?" Sehun mumbled. I refused to look at him so he grabbed my shoulders and turned me around,"Jinhee,what's wrong?" He whispered,realizing the state I was in. 

I didn't answer him and lowered my head instead. "Jinhee? I was looking for you everywhere around the boutique but you weren't there. I thought you got mad at me for leaving you but I didn't know you we-"

"I'm sorry,but I have to go." I cut him off,looking at him before turning around to leave. 

He quickly  grabbed onto my arm again,"Wait! Jinh-"

"DON'T,SEHUN!" I shouted,harshly removing his grip off me. I gulped and softened at his hurt expression. "I-I'm sorry..just please.. I need to get out of here. I'm sorry Sehun." I managed to utter my last words to him before taking off again. I pushed open the glass door and turned around to take one last peek at Sehun. I felt bad for leaving him on a day like this,especially since he has no idea what even happened. I didn't want him to think this was all his fault. He did nothing wrong.His eyes were filled with worry as he gave me a small wave. The corners of my lips managed to curve a small smile before turning back around and leaving him behind.

 

゜・。。・゜゜・。。・゜゜・。。・゜

 

I ran home. I ran as fast as I could,only wanting to fall on my bed and cry my eyes out. I couldn't believe any of this. It was almost as if I was running away from reality,if only that was possible. The image of Baekhyun and that girl constantly flew through my mind. It was like I was strapped tight on a chair inside a pitch black cinema room,and their clip was the only thing that kept playing. It felt horrible. 

Out of all the heartbreaks I've ever felt in my life;this was probably the worst. It wasn't some guy dumping me over text,or me finding out that he likes my bestfriend. This one hit me much harder. Was it because I love Baekhyun? Impossible. How could I love someone I've merely been on two dates with? None the less,not even know so well? But I knew the question was hard to avoid. 

I did love him. He was such a great spark in my life;he opened my eyes to all the beautiful things in front of me. Everything around me dissapeared as long as I was with him. He made me felt so much different,so much more special,then any guy ever has. He made me feel loved....for me. 

I continued crying my eyes out when I finally reached my house. My mom questioned to what was going on but I just ignored her and ran up the stairs,slamming the door behind me and attacking my bed. I didn't care if there was school tomorrow. I didn't care if my mom was going to scold me later. I didn't care for anything. 

Because as of right now,when I'm in this kind of state;Baekhyun doesn't care either. 

 

 

 

*A/N: And there you go,she finally found out o: 

I felt like this chapter was so much longer then any other ones I've written :P haha 

But now are we getting a feel of who else is going to into this love story? *hint hint* ;) 

I start school again tomorrow (✖╭╮✖) soo I'm not so sure if I can update frequently,but I will so no worries! Please believe in me ^-^ 

Anyway,I hope you guys enjoyed! No silent readers,let me know what you think!

Love you all <3 *blows kisses* 

(sorry for any grammer/spelling mistakes btw!)