Food

Baby don't cry

Opening the door to their tiny apartment, Lay the light as he and Meili looked around. "It looks kind of... Dusty." Meili said as she opened the curtain that covered the window in the living room. 

"We need to clean this place up," Wiping his fingers on jeans Lay looked at her with a small lop sided smile. "Yes. You, Zhang Meili, has to clean too." 

"I know that Zhang.Yi.Xing," She poked his chest with every syllable. "I do clean. So you can't say anything to me." Crossing her arms over her chest she went to sit down on the couch. 

Yixing went to sit down next to her. He wrapped an arm around her and drew her closer to him, "Yes I know you clean. But you clean like a lazy person." He told her with a smile on his lips. 

Meili gasped, "I do not!" She defended herself. "I just don't clean with my whole heart." She said softly hoping that he wouldn't hear her. 

Lay laughed at he answer. "Come," He said as he got off the couch pulling her up to her feet. "You dust and sweep while i do the windows," He said to her as he walked her over to their supply closet and handed her the duster as he took out all of the other cleaning supplies. 

"We have all day! So let's work faster so we can eat!" Lay tried to encourage her to work faster as he started to clean the widow. 

After a long three hours of cleaning they sat on the couch both exhausted and hungry. Meili looked at Lay her cheeks were puffed out, "Ai ren, I'm hungry." 

"I'm hungry too," Lay told her. "What do you want to eat? We don't have anything in the fridge yet." Fixing his body to a more comfortable position he laid his head on Meili's lap. 

Playing with his curly brown hair Meili thought for a while, "I miss the taste of ramen." She said. "Can we have ramen?" Lay nodded his head and got up from his position. 

"Wanna stay home and wait for me? Or do you want to come?" He asked as he put his jacket on and grabbed his wallet.

Meili got up from the couch and got her jacket, "Of course I'll come! I want to pick out the noodles." Putting on her converse she followed Yixing out of the apartment and waited for him to lock the door before going to the elevator. 

"How are you feeling?" He asked as they waited for the elevator to come. 

"I feel really good," She smiled at him when she spoke. Her eyes turned into two upside down cresent moons. Meili looked so happy to be back home after so long. 

Lay smiled back at her ,"I'm happy to hear that you're feeling better." He wrapped his right arm around her shoulders,"If you don't feel good just tell me alright. We can go to Dr. Chen if you need to." 

She shook her head, "I don't think so. But if we do then we'll go." 

"Alright," The elevator dinged signaling it was there. The silver doors slid open welcoming the two of them. Yixing pressed the button to go down to the main lobby, slowly the doors started to slide close. Meili held onto the railing that was on the wall, her legs started to shake without Lay holding onto her any more. 

"Yixing," She called out as she held tighter onto the railings. Lay turned his head towards her, "I need help." She said softly her legs started to give out. Before she could fall to the ground Lay caught her in his arms and hugged her close to his chest. 

"Baobei, are you alright?" He asked as he gently rubbed her back. "Zhang Meili," Lay called out as he heard her soft cries. He gently rubbed her back more as he held her tighter. "Don't cry, don't cry. We're going to go and get food for you." He reminded her as he gently brought her up to her feet. "Want to ride on my back?" He asked her as he wiped her tears away with his thumb. Meili nodded her head as Lay crouched down on the floor waiting for her to get on. 

Meili bent down and placed her legs on either side of him. Yixing slowly hooked his arms behind her knees as he stood up, he adjusted her body so she wouldn't be falling, her arms loose around his neck as they were ready to exit Meili buried her head in his back not wanting anyone to see her red puffy eyes. 

"I'm really hungry, Xing." She mumbled as they walked to the corner store. The night wind gently blew as they walked, the night life was busy as always but where they were they weren't so close to the area where the street vendors were.

Lay opened the door of the store and walked into the aisle that sold noddles. He grabbed two different kinds and showed them to Meili, "Which one?" He asked her. 

"Uhhh, I want those." She pointed to the udon noodles that were on the shelf. "Those look yummy," She whispered as he picked up the pack. 

"How many?" Lay picked up another pack. 

"Can we buy four?" 

"Four???!" He asked, shocked that his wife would eat so much. "Alright then, four it is." 

"Can we also get some coke? Ouu, maybe some candy too? I want ice cream too." Meili listed every fodd that she hasn't been able to eat for so long. Her stomach growled from all of the food that she's been away from. "Sorry," She said embarrassed that Yixing heard it. "Are we ready to go? Because right now I'm really hungry." 

Laughing at her cuteness the both of them headed towards the cash register. The lady looked at them with a smile, "Such a cute couple we have here." She said as she scanned the items and placed them in the bag. 

"Ah, xie xie." Lay and Meili bowed their heads as Lay took out his wallet to pay. 

"That will be ten dollars," She said as she gave them the bag.

Lay handed her a twenty dollar bill, "Keep the change." He told her as they left the store. "Here," Lay handed Meili a lollipop. 

"Thank you," Meili took the lollipop and unwrapped it from her wrapper. "Strawberry!" She exclaimed as she smiled and plopped it into . "Let's go home now!" She yelled as Lay fixed her on his back.