Pain

Baby don't cry

"Baoebei," Lay whispered; his voice was gentle and sweet as he tried to awaken his wife from her deep slumber. Already half past noon, he felt she had enough sleep.

Meili, mumbling incoherent words had turned the other side. Her complexion looked better than before, her cheeks looked a little fuller, and her eyes were twinkling more than ever. "Ai ren," She mumbled. Her eyes opened slowly, her body shifting trying to block the light out from her view. 

"Get up," Whining Yixing's lips puckered out and turned into a small put. Giggling, Meili leaned in and quickly pecked his lips. Eyes growing big, he looked at her. "Uhh, come on. I made breakfa-er lunch." 

"Okay. Let me wash up then I'll be down," Meili told him as she threw the blankets off of her body. Lay got up from the bed and followed Meili out of  the room. The two of them parted ways in the hallway. She going to the bathroom and he going to the kitchen. 

Taking in deep breathes, Yixing started to blush on his cheeks as he thought back to the cute peck on his lips from his wife. Even though they've been married for almost a year, he still felt like a teenager with her actions. He wondered if she felt the same way about him still. His smile never leaving his face as he thought of her love he's given to him for the past seven and a half years. How he was blessed to have a love like her. 

Meili entered the clean yet small bathroom of theirs. Closing the door quietly behind her, she locked the door to make sure Lay wouldn't barge in. Slowly, with her back on the door, she slid down to the floor. Her breathing grew heavy as she clutched onto her chest, silently, she heaved in deep breaths trying to calm her burning heart. 

The pain growing more and more, she the shower and began to sob. Her heart hurting both from the pain of her sickness and the pain of Yixing seeing her in such state. She didn't want to go back to the hospital, she just wanted to be home, she just wanted to be with Yixing before she... Died... 

Her head started to pound as she looked up from the ground, now her back against the tub. Water still running she smiled a small smile as she looked at the door. Yixing, she thought, he's still here. He's still waiting for me to eat lunch. He's still here, and he'll always be here. One tear slipped from her eye, then another one, soon a stream of tears fell from her eyes. Her heart was squeezed in pain, not pain like before, but pain as if leaving right now would be too early. She wanted to stop, she really wanted to. But she couldn't. She knew she couldn't leave just yet. 

Her eyes felt tired from being open, her skin looked a little more pale than before. She needed her pills and she needed them, badly. Turning the water off in the shower, she tried to stand on her legs. Shaking she held the sink for support as she walked back to door. Opening the door, she started to crawl towards their room. 

Opening a drawer, she took out her container of pills, opening the cap, she took out two, and with her shaky hand, she put them in . Swallowing the pills dry, she felt her heart start to feel easier. Her hands slightly trembling still, she felt her body feel a little more energized than before. Never would she ever want to experience the feeling anymore. The feeling of just wanting to stop. The feeling of wanting to quite. The sad feeling of leaving him behind. 

Smiling to herself, she hoisted herself up with the help of the night stand and bed, she stood up with her legs still weak and made her way to the kitchen to eat with Yixing. 

"Ai ren," She called out in a steady and gentle voice. "Are you ready to eat? I'm done." 

"Ah, of course. I was just waiting for you to be done with your shower," He said. "You didn't take a shower?" He asked as he looked at her still in the same tee-shirt as before. 

"I did," She said. "I just changed back into your shirt again. I like this one." 

Lay nodded his head as he was still unconvinced from her answer and went back to the kitchen where the food was set on the counter. Lay had made a plate of eggs and bacon, along with two small bowls of rice with spoons and forks. 

Rubbing the nape of his neck Lay said to her: "I didn't really know what to make, but I saw eggs and bacon in the fridge and decided to make that." 

Laughing lightly Meili sat down in her chair, "I'm fine with anything you cook for me." Picking up her spoon she took some eggs and put it in her bowl of rice. 

"We're gonna go somewhere today," Lay told her as they ate. 

"Really?" 

"Yep, we're going to the Kaiyuan temple today," He said. "I just thought that it was a nice day to go and see it." 

"I wanted to go there for a long time," She took another spoonful of food and ate it. "Remember when we were kids and we went there with our school and when we got older we went to go look at it on our own." She said softly as she recalled the old memories from their youth. A tender smile spreading on her lips as Lay and her talked about their youth days together. 

"Yixing," She whispered as she looked up at him. "It hurts. A lot," She told him as she started to cough. A little bit of blood came out as she continued to cough. 

"Baobei, let's go. Let's go to the hospital. I'll call Dr. Chen, okay?" He got up and ran to their room and grabbed his backpack that was prepared for moments like this; when they'd have to rush to the hospital.  Running back out to the kitchen, he picked her up as he slipped on his shoes and started to head back to the hospital once again.