In Sickness or in Health

Baby don't cry

Lay walked out of the elevator door heading to Dr.Chen's office to drop off her paper work. Along the way, he saw Dr. Chen walking while looking at his clip board. 

"Dr. Chen!" Lay shouted as he ran towards him. Looking up from his clip board, Dr. Chen smiled at Lay. 

"Hello Yixing. I was just heading to my office. Did you need anything?" He asked as he read over a piece of paper before turning his attention to Lay. Nodding his head, Lay handed him Meili's paperwork. 

"I finished, and I was just going to bring them to you right now," He told him as he rubbed the back of his neck. 

"Can we go talk in my office? Just quickly though." After Lay agreed to his request, they made their way to his office. Silently making their way, Lay's smile was slowly disappearing from his face. 

What's going to happen now? After we leave the hospital? Lay thought as he entered Dr.Chen's small office. Files were pilled on top of each other, pens all over his desk, the small office smelled of soap. Lay could hear the faint ticking of the clock on the wall, looking at it occasionally to check the time. Meili should be fine, I haven't been gone for that long. He reassured himself, repeating his words over and over again. 

"Meili," Dr.Chen began to speak bringing Lay out of his thoughts, "Is the braivest person that I've ever seen. After only a few months of being sick, she's healthy. Healthier than anyone this sick has ever been."

A smile appeared on Lay's face, "Of course. She won't go down without a fight." He stated. The smile on his face grew bigger as he thought about her. He looked at Dr.Chen to see what he was doing, and saw that he was writing on a notepad. Ripping it out of the binding, he handed it to. 

"Yixing, these are her medicines she needs." He told Lay, as he bowed his head, as he thanked Dr.Chen. He glanced up at the clock and bit his lower lip. 

"I think...I should get going now. Just in case Meili needs me," Lay said as he stood up from the chair, and gave a small bow to Dr.Chen as he headed towards the door. "Thank you again. Meili and I are very thankful for your help. Everyone's help actually." 

"No problem. I'll see you later for departure then?" Dr.Chen asked as he got up from his seat and made his way around his desk to where Lay stood. 

"Of course." Lay smiled as he put his hands on the doorknob. Before he could open it, the door opened. Stepping back, he saw it was Meili's nurse, nurse Lee, that stood there. She looked up from her clipboard and saw Lay was standing there, she let out a small gasp as she saw how close he was to the door. 

"Did I hit you? I'm so sorry if I did!" She started to panic as she walked closer to him, her face was red from embarrassment. 

Lay let out a soft laugh, "Don't worry. You didn't hit me." He told her as he moved towards the door. "I'll be going then. See you later then." With that he left the office, closing the door behind him. 

"I envy them," Nurse Lee said out of the blue. Dr.Chen gave her a questioning look as he tilted his head to the side. "The way they love each other...How Yixing can love her, even if she's sick. How he can love her even when she's weak. I admire her on how she's so strong also, even if she's sick she still makes him smile." She finally said. Dr.Chen nodded his head as he looked at her. his eyes flickered down to her left hand.

Heaving a silent sigh, he said: "I understand. I'm envious on how they can love each other. The way he looks at her, I would want to look at someone I love the same way as he does. I want to be able to take care of my love if she'd ever fall sick. Yixing will be my role model on how to love a person in sickness or in health."