Home

Baby don't cry

"Meili," Lay started to wake her up. "Baobei, we're home now," He told her as Meili started to wake up from her sleep. Meili laid in her position for a while as she looked around the little booth. Her eyes looked out the window as she noticed the familiar train station. Eye's widening, she jolted up onto her feet only to be brought back down from the sudden movement. Lay held onto her as she started to message her temples from the headache that was coming.  

"Yixing, we're finally home." She said as she felt the pain subside as she looked up at Lay who was looking at her with a smile on his face. "Did you tell anyone we were coming back home?" Meili asked as she slowly stood up with the help of Lay. 

Yixing nodded his head, "I told your gege that we're coming back today. He told me he'll come pick us up." Lay informed her as he held her waist as she walked.

Meili gently grabbed his arm and looked at him with her light brown eyes, and a smile on her lips. "I can do this by myself." She told him. With an unsure look at her Lay removed his arm around her and let her go. Carefully walking beside her, he made sure she wouldn't fall. Holding the little oxygen tank, he stepped down the steps of the train then made sure to hold her tight when she would step down those little three steps. 

"I told you I can walk by myself!" She exclaimed to him as she smiled. Full of confidince she started to stand on her tippy-toes to look for her gege, Yixing's eye's widened from her movement. He moved closer to her just in case she would fall, he noticed her legs wobbilling slightly as she stayed longer looking for her gege. 

"Baobei, be careful." Lay reminded her as she went back flat onto her feet. Meili motioned for Lay to come by her. Yixing moved towards her as he carefully lifited the oxygen tank off of the ground and made his way to Meili. "What is it?" He asked her as he tried to look at what she saw. 

"Gege, he's here!" She informed him as her smile grew bigger. "Ai ren! Gege is here! Let's go to gege!" 

Giving her a smile, Lay nodded his head as he told Meili to hold onto his arm so she wouldn't be lost. Pushing through the crowd of people, the both of them finally made it to the entrance. Sure enough there was Meili's gege, hands in his pockets as he kicked a few pebbles on the ground as he waited for Lay and Meili. "Gege," Meili whispered as she walked closer to him. "Gege," She whispered again this time she was right beside him.

His head jerked up as he heard her voice, a smile grew on his lips as he looked at his little sister. "Zhang Meili," He said, "It's been too long since I last saw you. Tell me you're all better now, geg needs to sleep knowing that you are better." 

A sad smile came on her face, "Gege, I'm not better. I'm just sent home because everything's been done." She said to him as she tried to smile. Her brother brought her into his arms as he hugged her for the first time in almost a year. 

"Meili, baba and mama miss you." He told her as he pulled apart from her. "Ni hao," He bowed to Yixing. 

"How are you YaLun?" Yixing asked as he went to stand beside Meili. 

"I've been good," Yalun smiled at him as he saw his brother-in-law and his sister. "Ready to go home now?" He asked the two of them as they started to walk towards his small car. 

Taking in a deep breath, Meili nodded her head, "Yep. I'm really ready to go home!" 

"Which home? Yixing's and yours or mama and baba's home? Or else, my new apartment?" He listed as they stopped in front of his car. 

Meili looked at Lay as she bit her bottom lip, "We can go visit your mama and baba, Meili." 

"Yeah, we can visit them." She told him as she went inside of the car. Lay placed the backpack in the back seat as he sat next to Meili with the oxygen tank in between his legs as Yulan went into the drivers seat. 

"Mama's and baba's it is then!" Fixing the rear view mirror, Yulan started the car, engine roaring to life as he pressed the gas pedal and drove off to their house.