Thoughts

Baby don't cry

Quietly sliding the door closed behind him, Lay looked at Meili's sleeping body. So peaceful and beautiful. He thought as he took a seat beside her bed. Carefully as he could, he moved strands of hair out of her face; smiling, Lay kissed her right temple. 

Meili's eyes fluttered open as she felt something touch her temple. She saw Lay in front of her smiling with his cute dimple showing. Slowly, a smiled appeared on her tired face, "Hello." She greeted him with a hoarse voice.

Her light brown eyes seemed to have that certain sparkle in them as they did before she got sick. Lay noticed how her smile wasn't pained at this moment, they reached her eyes, and that twinkle in them showed more than ever. He smiled back at her with his dimples forming. His curly brown hair fell over his eyes as he laid his head down next to her. 

Meili took her hand and started to play with his hair. Her long slender fingers played along with his curls, her lips twitched upwards some more as she played with his hair. Lay closed his eyes, his smile never leaving his face as she played with his hair. 

"Ai ren, lay down with me." Scooting over one the bed Meili made room for Lay. Getting up from the chair, Lay laid down on the bed next to her. 

"Baobei," He said gently as he intertwined his fingers in hers. "Want to go eat at your favorite resturant when we go back home?" 

"Before we get any ideas where to go out, can we just go and relax at home? Breathe in the air that I miss, and visit the family?" 

"Of course," Lay said. 

"Yixing," Meili called out to him, Lay answered with a hum. "Do you think they missed me? Mama and Baba that is. I don't know if they do, they didn't like the idea of us getting married." 

Lay looked down at Meili, whose head was on his chest and eyes avoiding his, as if she was crazy to say such things. "Of course they miss you Zhang Meili. What kind of parents wouldn't miss their one and only daughter?" 

Looking up to meet his eyes, "They have gege. Gege is probably there to keep them company now since I moved out." 

"Hey," he said soflty. "If gege is there with your mama and baba, I'm pretty sure he's doing great... But you have me if they still don't want you." He told her as he wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her closer to him. 

"Xie xie. When we go back to Fujian, do you think it's still the same?" Her voice barely audiable as she spoke. Lay opened his mouth to reply, only to close it again. The thought never came to his mind as he was ready to go back home from Shanghai. 

'Everything in the world changes. It might still be the same, it might not. I may not be right, but maybe somethings did change." He answered her trying his best to pick out the correct words. His eyes flickered towards the clock, his lips twitched into a smile as he looked at her, "It's almost time that we leave, baobei. Let's get up and get you dressed. We can't go back home with you looking like you are."

He playfully smiled at her as he got up off the bed. He went to pick up her bag that sat next to the door and placed in the bathroom for her. Next making his way to Meili, he helped her out of bed. His arms around her waist supporting her, as he lead her towards the bathroom. Turning on the light, he placed her in the bathroom and closed the door not all the way, but enough that he, and no one else could see her. 

"I'll just be out here waiting for you. If you need anything or having trouble call for me, alright?" He told her. Meili could hear him bring the chair by the door to sit as he waitied for her to get done. Meili looked at her reflection in the mirror, her skin looked more pale than it already was, she noticed the dark circles under her eyes; her hair long gone as Lay's black beanie was pulled over her head.

She brought the bag up to the bathroom counter and ped it, looking for something comfortable to wear. She pulled out a large peach colored cardigan, a plain white tee-shirt and a pair of gray leggings. Stripping herself of her hospital clothes, she dressed herself without any problems. Looking at herself in the mirror she wrinkled her nose at the sight of her. She looked alright, it was the big oversized beanie on her head. 

"Yixing," She called out, her soft voice caught the attention of Lay who was drifiting in his own world. His head was up as he looked at Meili who had just walked out of the bathroom. "Do you have any other of these hats, just in a different color?" She asked him as he looked at her head. 

"I have a white one. Will that be okay?" He asked her as he got up from the chair and went to his backpack that was next to the other bags. ping that backpack he dug through his bag until he found it. "Here you go," He said as he gave it to her. 

"Thank you," Smiling she went back to the bathroom to change her hat. 

I don't understand why you wear a hat all of the time. You're beautiful baobei. I anyone says you're not beautiful, they're lying. They're just jealous that you're beautiful, inside and out. Lay thought to himself as he watched her come out of the bathroom with a smile on her face. 

God, please be with us as we go. Please just let us have time together, just a little more. Meili thought to herself as Lay and her headed to the elevator.