Mama and Baba

Baby don't cry

Pakring in front of a cute tiny house, the three of them exited the car and made their way to the front door. Meili took in a deep breath as she looked at Yixing with worried eyes, "How do you think they'll react when they finally see their daughter that's been sick and away from them for nine months?" She asked as she held Lay's right hand as they walked. 

"I don't think they'll be too happy," Lay told her as he brought her closer to her. "We didn't even call them once since you've been in the hospital."

"Well yeah, I know that. They weren't very pleased when we got married also," She added. Her heart pounding in her chest as Yulan knocked on the door, she squeezed Lay's hand tighter as she heard the soft click of the lock being undone, and the door squeaking open. She saw her mother's black hair, along with it she saw some gray in her hair. 

"Yalun, what are you doing here?" Her voice sounded soft as she spoke. Her head still down as she looked at Yulan's feet, she saw two more. Her eyes trailed up and saw Yixing and Meili behind Yulan. "Meili," She whispered, Yulan stepped to the side for his mother to go to her beloved daughter. 

"Mama," Meili called out as she let go of Yixing's hand and hugged her mother. "Mama, I missed you so much." Meili said as her mother and her started to cry in each others hug. 

"Honey, who's at the-" Meili's dad stopped talking as he saw his wife and daughter hugging each other. "Yang Meili. You finally decide to come home now." Her dad said as he walked towards the both of them. 

"Baba," She said as she separated from her mother. "Baba, mama Yixing is here also." She reminded them. 

"Ah, hello." Lay said as he bowed at them. 

"You finally brought her home." Her mother said to him. "You finally brought our daughter home after so long. I hope you took good care of her while she was sick."

"Of course I took good care of your daughter. I tried my best as her husband to protect her." 

"Come inside, let's all go inside to talk." Her mother said as she pushed them in the door. 

"So what brought you back home?" Her mother as she placed the cups down on the table and sat next to her husband while Meili, Yixing, and Yulan sat on the other side of the table. 

"Her doctor told us there was nothing left that he could do. So we were given the okay to leave and come back home." Lay told them as he held onto Meili's hand under the table. 

"There's nothing more to be done?" Her father questioned as he looked at them as if they were lying. 

"Nothing," Lay said. "She's been through all of the treatments, and she's been given the surgeries that there was. And she was given all of the medication and all that they had to give." He told them, "But nothing helped her." 

Swallowing hard her father asked, "What are you guys planning on doing now?" 

"I wanted to spend time with you all before I leave," Meili told them. Smiling at her parents she squeezed Yixing's hand tighter as she took in a breath. "But we'll be staying at our apartment." She added. 

"As long as you come over for dinner every night. Even lunch if you want," Her mother said with tears falling out of her eyes. How could her one and only daughter be so sick that doctors can't do anything to help her. Her husband took hold of her hand and gave her a tight squeeze, reassuring her that he was there for her. 

"Of course, mama. We'll come over everyday, right Ai ren?" She looked at Lay with a smile .

"Yes, we'll come over anytime you want us to, Mr and Mrs. Yang." He said to them. His voice sounded formal as he spoke to them. 

"Call us mama and baba," Her father told him as he smiled at Lay. 

"Mama and baba," Lay said quietly as Meili smiled at him and her parents as they continued to talk. 

Just how I want it when I come home , mama, baba, gege, and Yixing getting along . Meili thought to herself as her smile grew bigger on her face.