We're going home

Baby don't cry

The elevator doors slid open as Meilli and Lay exited. The main lobby of the hospital was busy with bodies making their way to their destinations. Doctors and nurses hurrying about. From where they where the both of them could see Dr. Chen and Nurse Lee conversing outside of the hospital doors. Smiling at Meili, Lay started to push the wheelchair towards the automatic glass doors that would lead them out of the hospital. 

This is it. The moment I've been waiting for, for so long. Meili thought to herself as she took in deep breaths to calm herself. Heart racing she smiled to herself as she tried to hold in her excitement. Her eyes were fixed on Dr. Chen and Nurse Lee as they got closer to the door. Finally breathing in the air from outside after so long, letting out a content sigh, she looked up at Lay and smiled at  him. 

"It's been so long," She told him as she closed her eyes and took another deep breath. Her smile grew bigger as she felt the rays of the sun touch her skin. The light breeze that flew past them. 

Chuckling at her,  Lay pushed her towards the two people waiting for the two of them to arrive. Stoping in front of the both of them Meili smiled brightly at them. 

"Stay here while I go to the cab alright?" Lay told her as he started to pick up the bags that were on the ground. He turned towards Dr. Chen and asked: 
"Can you watch her please?" 

"I'm not a little kid Xing," Meili whined as she looked at Lay who had a small smile on his face as he noticed the change in her smile from before. 

"I know that you're not. I'm just worried about you, baebei." 

Smiling as she heard his words, Meili nodded and replied, "I know you are." Her smile grew bigger as she added, "I also have Dr. Chen and Nurse Lee to stay and keep me company!" She looked over towards the two as they laughed a little bit from her energy. 

"Of course," Dr. Chen said to her. "She has us to keep her company until you come back. Don't worry, nothing bad will happen to her when she's with us." 

Lay laughed a little bit as he heard the words that came out of his mouth, "Of course. I know she's in good hands when she's with you." Bending down, he kissed Meili's temple, "I'll be back quickly." 

Nodding her head, Meili smiled as she watched him leave to the taxi that he had called earlier. 

"Happy to go home I see?" Nurse Lee's gentle voice asked her.

Meili nodded her head and looked up at her with a beautiful smile,"Very happy." 

"I'm glad to hear that. Meili, it's been a pleasure for me to be able to befriend a wonder, strong, sweet, and caring girl, such as yourself. I'm happy to hear you're going back home after a while. I hope you find your peace there for as long as you can." Nurse Lee said to her. Looking down at her watch she furrowed her eyebrows and looked back at Meili, "I, err, have to go now. Goodbye Meili, I'll see you someday soon, maybe?" 

"Of course. Anytime I have time to visit here again I'll come and see you guys here. Goodbye," Smiling at each other, Nurse Lee gave her a quick hug and left into the building. 

Meili saw Lay walking back towards her with a content smile on his flawless face. "Dr. Chen," She called out. 

"Yes?" 

"Thank you." She said, 'Thank you for everything that you've done for Yixing and I. I'm very greatful that you've been so kind to us." 

"No problem. It's my job to make sure you're well. I couldn't do much for you anymore. The only choice I had left was to send you back home," He told her as his voice sounded distant. His eyes were fixed on Lay who was getting closer to the two of them. "I hope you can heal and live long Meili."

"Baobei," Yixing called out for Meili's attention, "The taxi is loaded and ready to go now." He told her. Lay turned towards Dr. Chen and bowed, "Thank you for helping us. Thank you, we owe you big time." 

Letting out a deep chuckle Dr. Chen replied: 

"You owe me nothing. Ah, Yixing, did you take the oxygen tank for her?" He asked him with a smile on his face. 

"Yep. I picked up everything before we came down here," Lay told him as he took the handles of the wheel chair and turned her around. 

"Well then, I guess this goodbye?" Dr.Chen asked as he started to walk beside the both of them to their taxi. 

"Not goodbye," Meili said as she stood up from the wheel chair. Her arms were wrapped around Lay's upper body for support as he placed her in the taxi. "Just friends taking seperate roads of their life now." 

"Sounds good enough to me," He smiled at her. "Take good care of her. Call me if you ned anything," He told Lay before he left. 

"Will do!" Yixing said loud enough for him to hear. After he saw Dr. Chen leave , he went into the taxi and sat next to Meili. 

"We're ready to go now," He told the taxi driver. 

Nodding, the driver drove them to the train station to go back home in Quanzhou. 

The whistle blew as it was the call for the people on the train heading to Quanzhou from Sanming. Lay gently brought Meili to her feet as they made their way to the train. People crowded the area as they were rushing to get into the train. One of the security had come and helped them with the oxygen tank as Lay carried the backpack with both of their stuff in it, and he held onto Meili making sure to not let go of her. 

Finally boarding the train the both of them let out a sigh of relief as they sat down in a little section, fit for the two of them. "We get to go home now, ai ren." Meili whispered as she laid her head on Yixing's shoulder. 

"Go to sleep, ai ren." Lay told her, "I'll wake you up when we get home." He whispered to her as he interlocked their fingers together. 

"We're really going home now," She whispered once more before slowly drifting off into a slumber. Yixing smiled and gently caressed her knuckles