Chapter 15.

Distance makes the heart grow fonder.

Ji POV.

 

We were soon at the set with stylists and make-up artists attacking us and making us look our usual goodselfs. I put my headphones in trying to drown out the background sounds of the dressing room that was until Yang-goon suddenly appeared causing me to throw the headphones out as quickly as I'd put them in with all my nerves overwhelming I was more than curious to what Yang needed to say.

 

'Guys, I want to have a quick talk with you all.' Yang-goon said causing us all to pay close attention to him. Most of the staff left at this point obviously reading the atmosphere correctly.

 

'Today, on this show. It's about you all being open about yourselfs okay? Anything you've kept inside and you want to talk about, talk about it. This is your time to be honest- to share your burdens. Ji kept this to himself for years... I don't want any of you feeling the same way that he did, no matter what it's about.' Yang said making us all nod.

 

'After this, they'll be a strong heart session without the fans. So if it's easier to talk then, do so then. They'll be addressing issues from the past to see how much you've grown aswell, so be prepared.' Yang spoke softly.

 

'It turns out I'll be on the show with you all today, I was also invited.' He said whist smiling softly.

 

'I just want you all to be happy, know that okay. You boys are like family to me.' He said before smiling softly and during that moment I didn't feel as scared anymore. Yang disappeared to get coffee and the staff came back in as he left leaving us all speechless.

 

Yang never showed emotion towards us much, we've always known that he cared though. He's not a mean person, just scary at times. We had little time before we had to be on set. I wasn't sure what to think but I felt better than what I did.

 

'I love you' I heard a voice whisper from behind me down my ear as two arms hugged me from behind causing me to feel instant warth and safely. I smiled happily before turning to face the man I loved.

 

'I love you too' I said happily to him not caring if people were looking as I wrapped my arms around him too, hugging him softly before someone called us onto the stage. I looked at him lovingly before he nodded, obviously feeling ready to take the plunge. The others soon gathered around us too smiling supportively and we all made out way onto the stage nervously.

 

__

 

The boys all sat down, the set unlike other's they'd been on was comfy. They had sofas which they could get comfy on with pillows. A selection of drinks were on the right hand side too which they were all offered, the atmosphere was slightly more serious though and the crowd of fans were more of a mature age rather than young which they all seemed somewhat thankful for.

 

They all took a seat on the sofa Yang-goon sat on the end with Ji sitting beside him; Ri obviously sat next to Ji for support. Taeyang sat next to Ri leaving Daesung and Seunghyun who sat at the other end. The sofas were slightly diagonal so the people in the audience could see them. Yang smiled at Ji and Ri softly causing them to smile back.

 

Suddenly they were on air, recording. It didn't take long before they felt comfortable with the surroundings.

 

'So, right now we have Yang-goon, founder and CEO of YGEntertainment and with him his most successful boy group BIGBANG- Welcome everyone, welcome.' The MC said greeting them all. Each member then intoduced themself like any other show.

 

'Well then, let's get started.' The MC said before smiling brightly.

 

'First things first- there's been a rumour about you both correct?' He said aimining the question both Ri and Ji yong causing them to both feel surprised at how sudden the question was.

 

'It would appear so.' Ji yong spoke carefully as the MC pulled out the newspaper which Ji was familiar with, the picture that began all of this and handed it to Ji making Ji smile softly as a reflex- Ri looked too before laughing suttlely.

 

'And this, you've seen this right?' The MC asked making Ji nod in agreement.

 

'So, is this or is it not the both of you?' The MC asked wanting answers causing Ji again to nod.

 

'Yes, it is the both of us.' He said boldly making mumbles appear in the audience causing  Bigbang, Yang and the MC to look at the audience for a brief moment.

 

'I heard you went up to Japan to visit Seungri after his scandals, is that correct?' The MC asked again persistently.

 

'Yeah, I went to visit him but obviously that was cut short.' Ji spoke honestly causing the MC to nod.

 

'And about the scandals, where they true? Would you care to address them Seungri-ah?' The MC asked making Seungri nod.

 

'It actually looks a lot worse than what it is- The photos with me in bed shocked me more than any of you... because I knew for a fact I slept alone that night. I'd actually let one of my Japanese friend's, friend stay at mine in the spare room since where we'd gone out was close to where I was staying. It was completely innocent, I had no desire for her but it would of seemed as if I was framed.' Seungri explained as in depth as he could under the circumstances.

 

'Aren't you warned about taking people home and the concenquences of it?' the MC asked making Seungri nod.

 

'Of course, but unfortunately I was naïve in thinking no-one would be as devious to do something like that for media attention or to hurt me and my image.' Seungri said before laughing softly.

 

'What about the model Anna Kubo?' The MC asked curiously.

 

'Well, me, her and some others went out that night for drinks and food. She just had a bit too much to drink so she became slightly overly affectionate whist we were ordering taxi's. Again, I had no interest in Anna that way. She's just a friend.' Seungri explained causing the MC to nod.

 

'What were you thoughts on all of this Ji Yong-ah?' The MC asked making Ji laughed slightly.

 

'On seungri's so called 'scandals'? well... my first thought was 'wait, that's just not like him.' I've known him so long, grown up with him. I mean- It's almost hard to believe something like that you know?' Ji explained causing Yang to agree whist nodding.

 

'Do you agree Yang-goon?' The MC asked seeing Yang's reaction to what Ji was saying.

 

'Yes, I do agree with Ji yong-ah. I've seen them grow and got to know their personalities I was hard to believe that he'd be so reckless.' Yang-goon explained but attention suddenly went to Seunghyun as he started coughing softly before sipping on his drink.

 

'Sorry' He said softly after he'd finished sipping on his drink feeling embarassed.

 

'Seunghyun?' The MC asked.

 

'Ah, Yeah?' Seunghyun said back before placing his drink back down.

 

'You're close to Ji yong-ah right?' The MC asked causing Seunghyun to nod in agreement.

 

'When you saw the photo of Seungri and Ji Yong, where you shocked?' The MC asked causing Seunghyun to shake his head.

 

'Honestly... No I wasn't.' Seunghyun said softly causing the MC to nod.

 

'What about the two of you?' The MC asked Daesung and Youngbae.

 

'I wouldn't say shocked... I just wasn't expecting it either.' Youngbae said causing Daesung to agree. The MC looked back at Ji Yong and Seungri who were sitting patiently waiting for the main question which was yet to be asked.

 

 

'So, you two. What is the deal with you both? Are you together?' The MC asked curiously.

 

'We are together, yes.' Ji said after taking a discrete deep breath causing Yang-Goon to smile proudly. Mumbles could be heard in the audience again causing Ji yong to look at Ri softly.

 

'We actually found a video clip of you and Seungri in the airport, I want to show the audience, is that okay?' The MC asked causing Ji to nod softly. The clip played and it was a rather clear video which showed everything from Ji getting slapped to the fans applauding Ji's speech. Even he was surprised that someone had recorded it all.

 

'You made a very heart warming speech.' The MC said causing Ji to nod and laugh softly.

 

'After getting hit by that fan, it kinda made me more emotional that I'd like to admit.' Ji laughed honestly.

 

'Truth is, the world found out about us two days after I knew about Ji's feelings. It shocked us both, neither of us knew what to do.' Seungri added making Ji agree.

 

'So you've not been together long?' The MC asked.

 

'No, Not at all.' Seungri said honestly.

 

'You said that you weren't aware of Ji Yong-ah feelings? So, how did you react when you did find out?' The MC fired another question.

 

'How did I react? Well, at that time it didn't matter because they feeling had become mutual. Whist I was away in Japan, me and Ji would text alot; The way we started comminicating was somewhat different to how it used to be in the past.' Seungri said whist thinking about it.

 

'Are you talking about flirting?' The MC asked making Seungri laugh softly.

 

'Well, yeah, some of it but, I don't know... It's really hard to explain. It just made me question how I felt to some degree. The next thing I know he'd arranged to come see me. I went to get him from the airport that day and as soon as I saw him I knew that I had developed feelings for him...' Seungri said shying away slightly embarassed.

 

'How long had you had feelings for Seungri?' The MC asked making Ji smile softly.

 

'I honestly can't remember how longs it's been. It was probably a year or two after debuting. I became aware but didn't say anything, in fact at the time I didn't want to feel that way- I honestly thought it was wrong and I didn't want to dissapoint anyone but as time went on I decided that no matter what I should have happiness too. Me and Seunghyun oftern talked about how I felt but other than that I wasn't ready to admit it to Seungri but when I went to Japan, It all just became clear.' Ji explained seriously causing Seunghyun to nod with a smile on his face.

 

'How did you react back then knowing how Ji Yong felt?' The MC asked Seunghyun making him laugh softly.

 

'Well, thinking back that long ago is funny because I was actually questioning the same thing about myself at the time.' Seunghyun explained making everyone look at him in disbelief. Even Ji looked shocked that he'd admitted it.

 

'Seunghyun-ah?' Daesung said softly looking at him confused.

 

'Me and the others were having this convosation this morning in the kitchen before coming here. See, I really never wanted to talk about these things because I know it's frowned apon, but love is love right? Seungri and Ji taught me that recently so instead of bottling it up too, I've decided to just come out and say it.' Seunghyun said softly.

 

'See, one thing that worried me was being labled. I hate that because I'm not actually gay; I've been with women, I've been in love with women. In fact up until recently I've only ever been with women but there was and always will be one expection to that.' Seunghyun explained making the MC nod in facination.

 

'Is it anyone we know?' The MC asked curiously.

 

'I don't know If I'm obliged to say, I don't know if he wants the whole world to know right now.' Seunghyun said before looking at Bigbang and Yang-goon, smiling softly.

 

'You really always do the unexpected don't you?' Daesung sighed whist looking at Seunghyun but couldn't help smiling due to the circumstances.

 

'He's talking about me.' Daesung said making everyone gasp in surprise.

 

'Well that was unexpected' Seungri said laughing softly.

 

'Are the feelings mutual?' The MC asked Daesung causing him to nod.

 

'Youngbae-ah? You're not going to surprise us today are you?' The MC said causing him to laugh and shake his head.

 

'Sorry to dissapoint you all. I'm still single and looking for a women to be with.' Youngbae said softly making the MC laugh.

 

'I'm guessing you had no idea about this either Yang-goon?' The MC asked making Yang shake his head.

 

'I always knew they were close but... not in that way' Yang said laughing softly causing Daesung and Seunghyun to smirk softly.

 

___

 

I felt relief in a way that Seunghyun has spoke up because it also took attention of me and Seungri, not that I wanted him to get more attention- It just made it easier to cope with in a way; I couldn't help but feel proud of him too. Looks like one way or another this show helped but the rest of the interview seemed almost irrelivent after admitting truth and after about 20 minuets Yang decided to end the broadcast with a speech.

 

"I am primarily interested in the boys happiness- aswell as everyone else's in YG. Happiness is needed in life and we don't live forever so it's important we have lots of it whist we are. I don't think they should fear what people think just because they've found happiness. At the end of the day I have nothing against gay relationships, Personally I've never discriminated and I never will and I don't think anyone else should. People are scared of what they don't understand so they frown apon it; this attitude isn't right and being so narrow minded won't get you far in life. We should embrace the things we don't understand not hate and judge them.” Yang said softly before wrapping up the interview causing us to all smile softly at his bold speech.

 

and before I knew it, it was all over and life seemed so much calmer.
 

 

 

___

 

Omo, sorry for the late update. I have my last exam on the 20th so I'm stressed and stuff.
I'm not sure whether or not I like this chapter; I feel like there might be something missing but I'm always fussy with my writing.
Anyways, tell me what you think and thanks for reading this far! ^-^

The ending isn't too far away either. -3-

 

___