Chapter 12

Distance makes the heart grow fonder.

Stepping into Ji's apartment after Hyung dropped us off was strange for me, I'd not been here. Not in a long time. Nothing had really changed from how I remembered it but it still felt odd. We had to drag our suitcases from the back of Hyung's car into his house and as we finally did Ji dived on the sofa in exhaustion.

 

“Wah, Life is so stressful!” He said whining like a child which I found rather amusing so I laughed softly under my breath.

 

“Isn't it always...” I said agreeing with him whist looking around in interest.

“Oh yeah, how long have we got before we have to meet for dinner?” I asked him becoming more aware of the time. Ji looked at his watch and sighed.

 

“Like two hours...” he said slowly double checking he was right he sighed again.

 

“Yeah, two hours.” He said sitting up and looking at me.

 

“Guess I better get changed or something?” He asked me not really knowing what to do.

 

“Yeah, I think I am. I've got a casual outfit somewhere in my suitcase...” I said thinking about it. Ji nodded and jumped up looking around his apartment. He found his I pod dock and started playing music, it reminded me just like the old days when I lived with him. He couldn't do anything without music, he relied on it. I smiled and began digging through my suitcase knowing I had something appropriate to wear inside whist Ji ran and got ready.

 

I couldn't help but worry though as I finally found what I wanted to wear and got changed. I couldn't tell whether this dinner would have a good or bad impact. Ji soon found himself in the bathroom where I was at the time, adjusting his appearance whist looking in the mirror. He kept sighing, obviously not happy with the outcome which made me chuckle softly. His eyes met mine in confusion.

 

“Don't you know that you always look good?” I said honestly, with one of my signature smirks. He laughed softly and pulled me into him, kissing me gently.

 

“You think this will end okay?” I asked curiously making him look at me in awe.

 

“I'm not giving up on you, no matter what happens.” He said boldly before kissing me again. My heart was beating fast as I kissed him back, wrapping my arms around him, pulling him in closer. I really was in love with this guy and he might just be the death of me.

 

It wasn't long before we were both in the car, me being the one driving, and we were on our way to my parents home. Nerves just kept building up and the time grew nearer and nearer but I knew I had to stand my ground too. I know I needed to prove to mine and Ji's parents that I cared, that I loved him, that I want to be with him for the rest of my life. I took a deep breath as I pulled into the drive way. I still couldn't believe this was happening. I could see Ji getting nervous too so once I parked I turned to him.

 

“I don't care what happens now, okay? I'm not giving up on you either. If it does end badly then I won't give up until they understand how much I love you.” I said looking at him seriously, he almost looked like he was going to cry making me hug him.

 

“I love you Ri.” He said hugging me back tightly. He pulled away and managed to put a smile on his face making me feel hopeful.

 

“I love you too.” I said whist he was looking directly at me making him smile more. Somehow we both managed to get the courage to leave the car and walk up to the front door both curious and frightened for what was about to happen.

 

~~

 

Author POV.

 

Seungri's mother opened the door with a smile on her face seeing the two familiar faces that stood in front of her which seemed to calm both Ji Yong and Seungri. She greeted them and let them through to everyone else who was already sitting and waiting for their arrival. Ji Yong's mother sprung up and hugged him tightly before sighing.

 

“Your dad couldn't make it.” She said explaining before sighing.

 

“He's having a difficult time... accepting this.” She said softly whist rubbing my back during the hug before she pulled away. He nodded and sighed at the thought of his own dad not coming here because of him but tried to forget about it.

“Ji... He will be fine with this over time.” She said before he was lead to his seat up the dining table with Seungri's parents. Both Ji Yong's and Seungri's sisters weren't present for various reasons but they both knew that if anything they'd be more supportive than their parents. The food was already laying out, hot and ready to eat so It wasn't long before they all started eating away; both Ji Yong and Seungri knew the 'talk' would be afterwards so the idle chit-chat didn't really calm either of their nerves. Seungri's hand would hold Ji Yong's under the table whenever he could trying to calm each other. After eating, just like they thought the talk commenced.

 

“So... When where you planning on telling us?” Seungri's mum said breaking the ice that had been looming over them all. Seungri looked at Ji Yong before replying.

 

“No offence, we've not even been officially a couple for even a week yet.” He said honestly whist trying not to sound rude. All 3 parents exchanged glances making Seungri feel awkward.

 

“How did this start then?” Ji Yong's mum asked more than curious about this whole situation. Ji Yong looked at her and nodded.

 

“I.. I fell in love with him years ago... I didn't tell anyone and kept it too myself- at the time I couldn't accept the feelings I had because I thought it was wrong but.. after a while I didn't care any more because I deserve to be happy too... I told him when I flew up to Japan.” Ji Yong said trying to be serious causing the parents to look at him in shock.

 

“You mean to say that for you, this was one sided for years?” Ji Yong's mum asked again softly causing Ji Yong to nod.

 

“I couldn't tell him at the time.” He then said softly but still seriously.

 

“But then one day whist he was in Japan he texted me, after all it had be a month since I'd seen him last. I'd miss him, that much was obviously and during the time we text I guess it was different, I was more open with him. When I used to live with him and hang out with him I'd come across cold and mean, not on purpose... It was just the way I'd cover up my feelings.” Ji Yong explained before taking a sip of water.

 

“But we kept on texting and it was nice, It kept me going whist I was away and I'd imagine it did the same thing for Seungri too. Everything was perfect, I'd even scheduled time to fly up there and see him, spend time with him. Then rumours about Seungri were announced and at the time I didn't know what to believe so for a few days we didn't talk as much until he told me the truth, that he did none of those things. I then flew up to Japan 2 days later and met him-” Ji Yong said before stopping suddenly trying to think how to say the rest as the parents interests grew within this story. To Ji Yong's surprise Seungri decided to talk.

 

“Truth is I became aware of my feelings whist texting him, it just didn't come clear until I saw him again and in that brief second of seeing him walk out of the airport and get in my car- I knew then.” Seungri said whist Ji Yong's hand held his in reassurance.

 

“We went back to the penthouse, ate, talked and I guess the feeling just became obvious.” Seungri said trying to be more than discrete about the details he told. The room went quiet for a while filling both Ji Yong and Seungri with slight dread.

 

“None of us are going to stop you both from being happy. Yes, it's a shock, none of us would of expected it but we're not against it either.” Seungri's dad said surprising us all.

 

“The only two people that aren't shocked are your sisters for some reason.” He said again laughing softly. They all finally established that they would be fine with it to Ji Yong's and Seungri's surprise. They all soon left the table and Ji Yong walked over to his mum, wanting to talk.

 

“Mum... What am I going to do about dad?” He said sighing softly. Her face reasoned with his reaction.

 

“Just give him a few weeks, you know you'll always be his son. He'll always love you very much.” She said softly before giving him a hug goodbye as Ji Yong and Seungri left to finally get some well deserved rest.

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________