Day in the Kitchen

Welcome To Wonderland

 

I rested my chin on my palms of my hand as I stared off into space. I huffed out in boredom and swung my legs back and forth since my legs didn’t reach the ground. We spent the whole day indoors today, half of the guardians were still asleep while the other half were on the couch watching TV. I ended up cleaning my room, doing the laundry and even feeding the horses! D.O and Lay joined me on the table as they watched me sigh out and stare at the white walls. They made eye contact with each other and chuckled at my cuteness.

“Hyun Mi ah, want to help us with dinner tonight?” Lay asked. My eyes brightened up at the offer and nodded, following them like a lost puppy towards the kitchen. We washed our hands as they started to get the ingredients out.

“What are we making?” I asked as I peered over D.O’s shoulder to get a glimpse of the ingredients. D.O looked over his shoulder at me, smiling at my shortness but I wasn’t that short compared to him.

“Were making chicken teriyaki, seafood pancake, ddeokbokki and kimbap” He replied as he started to chop up with vegetables.

“What do it do?” I asked as I shifted towards Lay, he looked up for a second before beckoning me over. I smiled and hurriedly waddle over towards him. He handed me a knife carefully and told me to start cutting up some vegetables as well. I nodded and started to do as I was told.

“Like this?” I asked as I held up a piece of carrot. Lay ‘inspects’ it and then gave me two thumbs up, flashing his adorable dimples. I pinched his cheeks softly and flashed a smile back at him, the colour pink started to slowly make his way up his cheeks. Kris walked in to get a bottle of water from the fridge.

“Ah, Kris your awake” I said, he nodded slowly and took a gulp from the cold water.

“Hyun Mi ah, be careful not to cut yourself arraso?” Kris sternly said eyeing the knife in my hand, I smiled at him and nodded my head.

“Neh neh, I’ll be careful” I said as I waved my knife at him.

“WOAH!” Lay exclaimed as he dodged the flying knife, I quickly lowered the knife and apologized.

“Don’t worry, I’m fine” He reassured me with a smile.

“Sorry” I apologized one more time, biting my bottom lip. Kris laughed and shook his head at me as he walked out the kitchen and joined his brothers at the couch. I stuck my tongue at his back and continued cutting but more careful. After I cut all the ingredients, I handed it over to D.O. He nodded as thanks and concentrated on flipping the pancakes. His eyebrows were pinched together and he was sweating from standing in front of the fire for such a long time. I grabbed a couple of tissues and reached over to wipe his sweat away from his forehead, he flinched a bit at the sudden contact.

“Ah, thank you” He shyly thanked as he blushed and went back to flipping the pancakes.

“No worries” I smiled as I watched him cook. I continued to help them as we got the food ready. Lay and I got plates out and started to set the table up, I called them over and the rushed over like hungry pigs. I giggled and shook my head as I re entered the kitchen.

“Hyun Mi ah, can you please wake Luhan up for me?” Lay asked as he started to bring the food out to the table. I nodded and ran up stairs; I entered Luhan’s room.

“Luhan? Luhan” I called out as I entered his room. I found him lying on his stomach with the blankets draped over him. I walked over towards him and shook him lightly, he stirred in his sleep.

“Luhan ~ Wake up, were having dinner now” I quietly said as he started to wake up.

“Hyun Mi?” He said as he rubbed his eyes and looked around the room cluelessly.

“Neh, we are having dinner now” I repeated myself again. He faced me and wrapped his arms around my waist as he leaned his chin onto my shoulder.

“But I don’t want to go ~ I wanna sleep” He whined as he hugged me tighter. I smiled softly, I patted and smoothed out his blonde hair and carefully detached him from me.

“Come on let’s eat, besides I helped Lay and D.O make dinner” I winked as I grabbed his hand, dragging him down the stairs.

“Really?!” He beamed as he laced our finger together. I nodded and hummed a yes. We reached the table and sat next to each other, on the other side of me was Xiumin. We all started to dig in, the boys moaned once they started to eat, filling their stomachs with delicious food.

“Wah, did you actually cook this?” Chen asked as he shoves a piece of pancake in his mouth.

“Ani, D.O cooked it, I just helped him out” I said, they nodded and kept eating.

“But next time I’ll definitely cook a meal for you guys” I said, they chuckled and nodded. Xiumin ruffled my hair before continuing eating. I helped Suho and Baekhyun put the plates into the sink, since it was their turn to do the dishes but they shooed me away and told me to go sleep once I was about to help them. I took a short shower and crawled into my soft bed. I smiled as I snuggled up against my cosy blanket. I let myself drift off into sleep, enclosing me in darkness.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

eventhough it was short I hoped you liked it ~

please comment and subscribe ! 

- tellmewhatislove