To the Beautiful you (아름다운 그대에게) episode 3

To the Beautiful you (아름다운 그대에게) RECAP

 

Following the drunken kiss and the fireworks, Tae Jun passes out in Jae Hee’s arms smiling.

Jae Hee dumps him into a wheelbarrow and pushes him back to the dorms, when Sangchoo the dog hops into the wheelbarrow and showers Tae Jun with puppy kisses.

Meanwhile, Eun Gyul is walking all around campus, looking for Tae Jun. He takes a seat by the steps and takes a selca.

He updates his SNS with, “If there is a compass that helps you find fate, where would it be pointing tonight?”

 

 

Hannah, like Eun Gyul, is also searching for Tae Jun.

She thinks she sees Tae Jun and runs over to him only realize that it’s just Eun Gyul.

The two bicker, Eun Gyul saying the dorms are off-limits to guests, while Hannah tells Eun Gyul he looks like a squid and to watch himself.

When Eun Gyul tries to threaten her, she kicks him in the shin. She later adds a kick to the before leaving Eun Gyul scrunched up in pain.

 

 

Jae Hee and Tae Jun are finally back in the dorm, Tae Jun comfortably sleeping in his own bed.

Jae Hee thinks over everything that happened and finally looks over her bunk bed, down at the sleeping Tae Jun. She asks if he knew she was a girl and that she hopes he doesn’t get mad, since all she really wants is to see him jump.

Tae Jun wakes up in the morning with birds chirping. It takes him a moment, but remembering the shot of champagne he took at the party, he immediately hates himself.

 

 

Jae Hee gives herself a pep talk in the bathroom, saying the first thing she needs to do is get rid of all misunderstandings she has with Tae Jun. She wishes herself luck before heading out.

On his way to class, Tae Jun gets the peculiar feeling that someone is chasing after him. It’s Jae Hee, who realizes she has no reason to hide from him.

Tae Jun confronts her and asks why she keeps chasing him around, asking, “Did I make a mistake?”

Jae Hee asks if he really doesn’t remember, “About the ppo-“

Tae Jun registers that ppo- could mean only one thing: ppo-ppo or kiss.

He retraces his memory and vaguely remembers Sangchoo giving him the puppy kisses.

He remarks that it was a mistake and that Jae Hee should have stopped him.

Jae Hee defends herself, saying she had no chance. Tae Jun ignores her, but says it was his mistake, no matter how disgusting and dirty it was.

Jae Hee is immediately upset, saying it wasn’t rainbows and sunshine for her either.

Tae Jun pauses and asks if it wasn’t with Sangchoo. Jae Hee doesn’t clarify whom he actually kissed and Tae Jun walks away.

 

 

At school, all the students start receiving a text message that has all of them gossiping. Tae Jun also receives it.

On the soccer field, Eun Gyul is already stretching for practice, when his cellphone squawks about a text message. Eun Gyul’s expression changes to surprise as he sees the content. A soccer ball comes flying and hits him on the head, causing him to fall on the ground.

He takes another look at the text message…which shows a picture of the accidental drunken kiss from last night. The look of surprise has now changed to disappointment.

Even the girls at the sister school have all received the text messages, as they freak out about their Tae Jun oppa kissing someone, although it’s somewhat okay because at least it wasn’t with another girl.

 

 

The shock doesn’t go away as easily for Eun Gyul, when Jae Hee chases after him. She notices all the other students giving her weird stares, but she doesn’t think much about it.

Slowly, Eun Gyul musters up the courage to ask if Jae Hee was…taken advantage of. Jae Hee doesn’t understand, so Eun Gyul comes up with a simulation with his thumbs.

“If this is Tae Jun’s lips and this is yours, then did you crash like this?”

Jae Hee quietly asks how he knew, and Eun Gyul is caught even more off guard and he tells her that everyone in the entire school knows.

The boys in the student lounge are gossiping about Tae Jun’s kiss incident when Tae Jun comes in. Everyone falls silent, not wanting to get on Tae Jun’s bad side.

 

 

But Hyun Jae decides to push Tae Jun’s buttons, congratulating him for the school’s first gay couple. The boys in the background all snicker, further putting Tae Jun in a bad mood.

Almost immediately, Tae Jun reacts, grabbing onto Hyun Jae’s collar. As things are about to go down, Eun Gyul and Jae Hee enter the lounge and Jae Hee rushes to Tae Jun’s side as soon as she realizes what’s happening.

The two break up the overly hormonal boys, as Hyun Jae says Jae Hee should report Tae Jun since she’s the victim here. However, Jae Hee reveals that it wasn’t Tae Jun who initiated the kiss, but she who did it.

 

 

“I do it when I’m bored,” says Jae Hee. She explains that in America, she was known as the kissing master and says that a kiss is nothing in America.
Then she goes right away and uses Eun Gyul as an example, stamping her lips on his cheeks. Almost immediately, Eun Gyul is put into a daze.

 

 

Jae Hee warns Hyun Jae to stop spreading rumors, as the other boys move on. Tae Jun leaves the room, as Eun Gyul is stupidly smiling about the peck on the cheek.

Completely embarrassed in front of his peers, Hyun Jae relieves his stress by practicing his high jump, which ends up stressing him out more every time the bar falls.

Reporter Yang comes into the gymnasium and thanks Hyun Jae for all the documents that he sent over.

She starts digging for more information about Tae Jun and Hyun Jae gets annoyed, telling her to ask Tae Jun herself. He says that all she wants to know about is Tae Jun and Reporter Yang quickly sides with Hyun Jae, saying she supports him.

Hyun Jae walks away, telling her he never thought of her as a supporter.

 

 

Winning the dorm sports competition has its benefits, as Eun Gyul sits at a table, practically drooling over the pretty waitress with the mini skirt.

Seungri scolds Eun Gyul for dirtying up a clean place with his ogling. Jong Min agrees, since the waitress isn’t even that pretty.

But for Eun Gyul, being there and ogling is important to his very, very important problem. When they ask him what the problem is, he doesn’t explain but says a solution has come out.

“That I’m definitely perfect.”

Seungri and Jong Min scowl and eat their snacks.

Moments later, Seungri and Eun Gyul both drop their forks and proceed to leaning under the table to pick it up, taking the chance to look up the skirt of the pretty waitress.

 

 

Later, Eun Gyul drags Jae Hee out, saying he has a double date set up. They hop on an old Vespa, and Eun Gyul almost kills the two of them when Jae Hee wraps her arms around his waist.

The date is at Kraze Burger (product placement, but we love this restaurant, so not complaining, really) and Eun Gyul’s ignorance becomes apparent when the waitress asks how he wants his meat cooked.

“Really, really deliciously?”

The meal goes on, and the girls at the double date have brought a truth-telling machine, which will shock the hand of the person who tells a lie.

Eun Gyul is up first.

He gets asked if he looks at a girl’s face first. Eun Gyul says no and is immediately shocked.

Second question: Between the people at the table, there′s someone he likes.

He denies it, saying the date just started and that he’s not an easy man.
And there goes shock number two.

Third question: Ever since he came in, he’s been sneaking glances at the really y girl sitting at a different table. He denies it and is gifted with another electric zap.

 

 

It’s Jae Hee’s turn and she’s asked the same questions. She answers no to all of them and the machine doesn’t zap her.

Then one of the girls asks, “I’ve liked a boy before.”

Jae Hee freezes, because she’s obviously has/does, but she’s saved when Eun Gyul says that’s a lame question and suggests they split up.

Jae Hee’s date ends up being a counseling session about how she wants to help a friend, but can’t. Jae Hee’s date encourages her to do whatever it takes to help the friend, and Jae Hee thanks her, saying only a girl friend can help with worries. Jae Hee leaves the girl wondering if that was an offer to become Jae Hee’s girlfriend.

Things aren’t going well on Eun Gyul’s side either, since his date only came out because she and her boyfriend were in a fight. Eun Gyul is a little disappointed, but says it’s okay. To put this event on record, Eun Gyul takes a selca and updates his SNS.

“It takes 0.2 seconds to fall in love. I just sent half of my heart on a bus. Does love also have a transfer discount?”

Oh you little emo puppy.

 

 

Meanwhile, Tae Jun has brought Sangchoo to the vet because she has a cold.
As Tae Jun is listening to the vet, Sangchoo sees a kitten outside the building and darts towards it. Tae Jun chases after Sangchoo but quickly loses her.

Eun Gyul and Jae Hee meet again at the burger shop, explaining that they both ended their dates early. Eun Gyul puts Jae Hee in a headlock, joking that they’ll get over it, when a strange feeling comes over him, and he quickly releases Jae Hee.

His view turns pink again as Jae Hee sends lovely smiles his way.

He starts stuttering and escapes the strange situation by saying he has to go to the bathroom. Eun Gyul splashes cold water on his face and scolds his heart for fluttering when it’s not supposed to.

 

 

st then, Jae Hee spots Sangchoo running down the street and chases after her. Eun Gyul comes out of the bathroom to find Jae Hee gone.

After almost being slammed by two cars, Jae Hee finally catches Sangchoo and suddenly it begins to pour.

Sangchoo spots Tae Jun in the distance and chases after him. Jae Hee catches up and the two awkwardly walk back to school, sharing the same umbrella.

Hesitantly, Tae Jun apologizes and thanks Jae Hee for what happened with the alcohol and the kissing and the fireworks.

He then asks what she was doing roaming around in the street and Jae Hee suddenly remembers that she left Eun Gyul.

Meanwhile, Eun Gyul is still waiting in front of the burger shop when his phone runs out of battery at the same time Jae Hee calls using Tae Jun’s phone. They decide that Eun Gyul probably went back to school.

 

 

As they walk, a bus drives closely to the sidewalk and Tae Jun sees a large splash of water coming their way, so using his quick reflexes, he turns and shields Jae Hee from getting wet…while they stand in the rain. A strange feeling washes over the two.

 

 

Eun Gyul finally charges his phone and receives a call from Jae Hee that she’s back at the dorm. She hopes that he hasn’t been waiting all this time, and he tells her that he hasn’t.

As he hangs up the phone, Eun Gyul’s heart starts pounding wildly again.

As a short comic relief, the mentally slow vice president bickers to Coach Baek about Tae Jun’s condition and how the coach should have taken better care of his athlete. Coach Baek nonchalantly replies that it’s not true and just a speculation made by a reporter. The vice president quickly changes the subject and reminds teachers about the construction that’s happening that weekend.

Due to the construction, the students must go somewhere for the weekend and Jae Hee worries, wondering where she could go.

 

 

Eun Gyul lets his imagination run wild, thinking about what could happen if he invited her to his house.

In his imagination, Jae Hee asks Eun Gyul to join him in the shower since they’ll be sharing the same room anyways. Jae Hee reminds him that she’s also the master of kissing.

It’s only when he runs into a sign that Eun Gyul snaps out of his fantasies.

 

 

His nose is bleeding as he starts inviting Jae Hee to his house. Then out of nowhere, Seungri appears and invites everyone to his mom’s new pension, where there will be many pretty girls. When he throws in a beach, Eun Gyul’s eyes light up and he deliriously says he’ll come.

Back at the dorm, Jae Hee asks Tae Jun to come, but he obviously declines.

Eun Gyul is in his room, packing his things and promising himself that during this trip, he’ll prove that he is a man. It turns out his roommate, Hyun Jae, will also be going to Seungri’s pension as well.

At the bus terminal, someone Seungri knows comes to pick them up. He reaches for Jae Hee’s luggage and touches her hand in the process. He gives her a strange glance before driving to the pension.

 

 

At the dormitory, Tae Jun’s daddy’s bodyguards arrive to take him home. Tae Jun rejects the offer and starts sprinting away just as Doctor Jang conveniently drives past. Tae Jun throws his bag into the car and hops in. Doctor Jang isn’t even bothered and takes Tae Jun on a joy ride. This must happen a lot?

 

 

The boys and Jae Hee arrive at the pension as Seungri’s mother welcomes them as her precious workers.

Of course there would be a catch.
The next thing you know, everyone is painting the walls of the pension.

Jae Hee and Eun Gyul joke about drawing girls in bikinis, when Jae Hee trips off the ladder and lands right into Eun Gyul’s arms. She leaves a white handprint on the wall while she’s at it.

All the juniors bicker and complain, saying that Seungri had tricked them. Seungri says he couldn’t let his mom do it by herself and announces that he spotted girls in bikinis at the beach.

 

 

After the work is done for the day, the boys head to the beach and have their fun on the beach. Just then, the bikini army comes their way, and they do their best to flex their muscles, but the army just passes by.

Doctor Jang pulls up at the pension, telling Tae Jun to go inside while he takes care of business.

Tae Jun is fascinated by the area and starts taking photos, but the mural of the angel wings has him entranced as he touches it, thinking about his past days when he ‘flew.’

 

 

Just then, Jae Hee comes back from playing on the beach and is excited to see him there. She asks for his cellphone and after he reluctantly gives it to her, she positions him over the mural and takes photos.

She comments that he was meant to have wings.

Just then, her revealed collarbone catches his attention and he takes off his sweater and throws it at her to take into the room.

 

 

Inside the room, Jae Hee changes out of her wet clothes, when the worker at the pension, aka Creeper, peers into Jae Hee’s room and sees that Jae Hee is actually a girl. A creepy smile spreads across his face.

At the office, Hannah finds out from Director Jang that Tae Jun is currently at the pension for the weekend. The wheels start turning in her head.

It’s dinner time and Jae Hee gets up to help Creeper with the barbeque. He asks about what sport she does at school and takes the opportunity to feel her muscles. Tae Jun sees the strange interaction with the eyes of an eagle.

Eun Gyul comments that he’s surprised to see Tae Jun here and wonders why Doctor Yang came to the pension of all places.

 

 

Doctor Yang and Seungri’s mother come to the table and Doctor Yang complains about the burnt meat, ending his sentence with nuna.

The entire table repeats the word in surprise, revealing that Seungri’s mother and Doctor Yang are siblings…which means…. Doctor Yang is Seungri’s uncle.

Surprise, surprise~

But the bigger surprise, or rather shock, is that Hannah arrives at the pension.

 

 

After dinner, Jae Hee goes for a stroll on the beach by herself when a friendly grandma stops her to buy special light up couple bracelets. The grandma tells Jae Hee to buy it for her girlfriend, and Jae Hee replies that she has none.

“Fate is something you can’t predict. Just because you can’t see it, doesn’t mean it’s not there.” Jae Hee buys a pair.

Jae Hee returns to the pension with the bracelets and spots Tae Jun on the porch, but Hannah beats her to him with a box of cookies - the same ones his mother used to make.

 

 

Tae Jun tries some and says they’re not bad, smiling in the process.
Tae Jun notices two heart cookies that are meshed together, and Hannah replies that it’s her heart, since her love for Tae Jun is a double serving.

The boys return from the sauna as Eun Gyul gets ready to go.
He’s determined to take a bath with Jae Hee, man-to-man, certain that an answer will come out from his problem.

Jae Hee runs into Hyun Jae on the way to the sauna when she asks him if he’s the one who spread the pictures of Jae Hee and Tae Jun kissing. Hyun Jae gets defensive over the accusation and tells her to stop misunderstanding.

 

 

At the sauna, Jae Hee locks all the doors to take a bath, when Mr. Creepy starts fiddling with the keys to open the door. He fiddles with the key rings to find the correct key, getting impatient in the process.

Just when he unlocks the door, Hannah comes in and asks him to move so she can use the spa. Mr. Creepy leaves disappointed.

Hannah notices medical bandages in a basket and looks at them strangely. She peers through the windows, wondering if someone was there, but when she sees no one, she proceeds to get ready for the sauna.

We see Jae Hee hiding in the towel bin. She tries to make her escape when she hears footsteps. It’s Eun Gyul, ready to face his problem.

He enters the sauna as Jae Hee hides behind the door.

 

 

Hannah is in the hot tub, with her headphones on (no fear of getting electrocuted?).

Eun Gyul tells himself he’s a man and boldly steps into the tub, only to be greeted by Hannah’s screaming and hitting him with a plastic bucket.

She hits him hard and he passes out into the water.

The next thing we know, Eun Gyul is in the woods, where he meets his grandmother who passed away last year. She scolds him, saying it’s not his time yet.

When he comes back to the tub, Hannah hits him again, and Eun Gyul returns to the woods again. Grandma is angry he came back and hits him in the head twice, before Eun Gyul wakes up with everyone surrounding him.

 

 

Hannah’s ready to press charges, while the others say it wasn’t on purpose. Eun Gyul says he should press charges for the injury, when Hannah grabs a remote and whacks him on the head again, making him pass out.

At night, Jae Hee takes a pillow and sleeps off to the side. Tae Jun opens his eyes and glances over at her.

Everyone wakes up for manual labor day two. Tae Jun notices the bracelets where Jae Hee slept and wonders what they are.

 

 

During break time, they hop on their ATVs and race down the beach.

Later they gather for some watermelon, Eun Gyul and Hannah bicker with each other before it turns into a water gun fight.

As the fight goes on, Creeper comes out of nowhere and makes unnecessarily contact with Jae Hee, grabbing onto her shoulders. Tae Jun notices right away and is bothered.

 

 

Creeper asks Jae Hee to join him as he goes grocery shopping and she naturally agrees. Tae Jun sits next to Jae Hee, and jealously remarks that she has gotten really close to Creeper. Then he orders her to buy him a new pair of flip flops, since his old ones ripped because they’re raggedy like someone he knows.

On her way to the van, she notices that one of her bracelets is missing, but before she can go find them, Creeper calls her over to go to the super market.

They drive, just the two of them with Creeper putting on the most disgusting expressions as he glances over at Jae Hee’s legs.

Jae Hee rides on, unsuspecting of anything.