To the Beautiful you (아름다운 그대에게) episode 10

To the Beautiful you (아름다운 그대에게) RECAP

 

It’s a terrible wakeup call: Eun Gyul seeing the crush of his life in bed with another.
He slumps back to his dorm and wishes he saw a ghost instead of what he did see.

Poor guy. But our biggest concern is whether or not he went to the bathroom.

 

 

Tae Jun and Jae Hee are totally awkward now after finding out they slept in each other’s arms all night. Fighting the awkwardness, Tae Jun asks how she feels and Tae Jun checks her fever. She shyly thanks him and slips away.

She heads to the bathroom, and as if things aren’t already awkward, Jae Hee drops her feminine products in front of him and Tae Jun quickly turns his head away while Jae Hee dashes to the bathroom - seriously girl, how are you not realizing that he knows?
Tae Jun gets a text from Director Jang about an interview in the afternoon.

Inside the bathroom, Jae Hee beats herself up for feeling a little something towards Tae Jun. She reminds herself that she can’t have these feelings.

 

 

Eun Gyul’s still in shock and stresses over witnessing the awkward event in the morning.

He talks himself into believing that as roommates, it could happen. Maybe they accidentally heads and fainted on Tae Jun’s bed, or Jae Hee rolled off her second story bed and did some awesome gymnastic moves, conveniently onto his bed. Or maybe Jae Hee was too lazy to climb upstairs and just decided to sleep in Tae Jun’s bed.

Even those he tries to make sense of all of these scenarios, Eun Gyul knows they would never happen in real life - but it′s cute of him to think that they could.

 

 

During his interview, Tae Jun explains that the reason why he couldn’t jump for a while was because he was in a slump and the reason why he’s rejecting Coach Holten’s offer is because he can train well in Korea...and there’s also someone that he wants to jump for.

The reporters ask if it’s Hannah, but he stays mum.

Director Jang starts questioning Tae Jun about his answer during the interview and ponders if it really is Hannah. Tae Jun immediately rejects the idea, and adds that he didn’t want to lie about it.

 

 

John is ogling over a picture of Jae Hee, when his assistant informs him that at his photo exhibition, there might also be a reception. She then takes notice of Jae Hee’s picture and comments on the male student, who looks like a girl in the picture.

John reveals that Jae Hee is a girl. A frog princess for whom he wants to break a spell.

Flashback to the basketball game with Tae Jun.
John declares that he’s going to take Jae Hee back with him (please do).

The thought bothers Tae Jun, as he tries to study. He’s interrupted by Eun Gyul, who comes to return a book to Jae Hee. While he’s there, Eun Gyul hints that the dean might come around and check for prohibited items, so Tae Jun should hurry and hide his .

 

 

Tae Jun sneers that he has none and Eun Gyul laughs at him before leaving.

But soon Tae Jun realizes there’s something else he needs to hide other than - all of Jae Hee’s girly products.

Tae Jun hurries into his classmates’ dorms and frantically asks for . They deny having any and Tae Jun retorts that he came knowing that they did, so stop the lying and give him some !

They hesitantly give him a magazine, hidden carefully all around the dorm room.

When he heads back to his room, Tae Jun quickly hides the magazines from Jae Hee’s sight. Just then, Seungri calls all the students in dorm 2 to come out.

 

 

The spontaneous checking begins.

Students desperately try to hide their naughty items as Seungri and the dean make their rounds.

Finally, they reach Tae Jun and Jae Hee’s room.

Jae Hee’s hesitant in having Seungri search her area, but before Seungri can get into the jackpot drawer, the dean finds a magazine under Tae Jun’s bed.

The dean scolds Tae Jun and shows his disappointment, until he gets distracted by the pictures in the magazine and leaves the room.

Jae Hee asks if the magazine is really his. She doesn’t know exactly how to feel about it, but she does sigh a breath of relief that her secret is still safe.

If only she knew the amount of crap he goes through for her.

Eun Gyul comes to borrow some soap and tells Jae Hee that he’s already warned Tae Jun about the random search, but still ended up getting caught with .

Jae Hee is surprised to hear that’s what happened.

Outside, all the -addicts are jogging around the field - Tae Jun included.

 

 

 

At Serin High School, the girls read Tae Jun’s recent article and ask Hannah if the person in question is her. Hannah confidently answers that it’s her, but she clearly knows that it isn′t, and shows her disgruntlement.

The boys at Genie High School are also reading the same article, wondering who the girlfriend could be. Jong Min speculates that it’s Hannah, the ill-mannered little brat, according to Eun Gyul. Seungri’s face scrunches up each time an insult is thrown at Hannah, while Jae Hee’s face falls at the news.

 

 

Seungri eventually blows up at all the smack talk about Hannah and tells them to find good articles about Hannah.

A bit depressed from the interview, Jae Hee visits Sangchoo. Tae Jun joins them and Jae Hee talks about the interview with Tae Jun.

 

 


She confronts him about not going to Canada. She’s clearly upset about him giving up on being coached by Holten, saying he’s missing an opportunity of a lifetime. She doesn’t understand when Tae Jun tells her that he has a reason for staying, which isn’t Hannah. Uh, hello Jae Hee. Get the hint?

She’s still mad at him for giving up so easily when the opportunity came after lots of conflicts. Tae Jun’s a bit disappointed that all she wants is for him to jump. Jae Hee asks for the reason again, but when he doesn’t answer, she turns to leave.

 

 

Tae Jun chases after her, but he’s late again as John pulls up and officially kidnaps her with a permission slip to leave the campus.
Jae Hee says she’s not in the mood, just as John sees Tae Jun in the distance.

“Have you ever seen a kidnapper caring about how the person being kidnapped feels? Just get in the car~”

Jae Hee, if you don’t get in that car, we will.
Unfortunately, she does, and Tae Jun boils in a mix of emotions and turns back.

John asks Jae Hee why she’s in such low spirits.

He tells her to just use a tissue - and blow it all away. Then he marvels at his amazing sense of humor, which puts a smile on Jae Hee’s face. But her smile fades as soon as it came.

Back in the dorm, Tae Jun receives a call from Hannah, who wants him to her to his cousin’s photo exhibition. Tae Jun’s not in the mood, but Hannah’s never really cared about what other people want, so Tae Jun’s stuck.

 

 

On the soccer field, Eun Gyul gets notified that the upcoming game is important since there will be an announcement on who makes it on the junior national soccer team. His coach is surprised that even Eun Gyul’s nervous about it, and before he can play it cool, he starts hiccuping.

His coach reassures Eun Gyul, saying that if he was the coach for the national team, he would pick Eun Gyul for sure....only...too bad he’ll never become the coach for the national team. Eun Gyul promises his coach that he’ll satisfy both of their dreams.

Aw, finally a cute moment between Eun Gyul and his coach without the coach getting screwed over somehow.

 

 

Jae Hee and John arrive at a clothing store, where John finally reveals that he needs a partner for an event later in the evening. All she has to do is eat and look pretty. She’s reluctant, but doesn’t refuse.

Same with Tae Jun, who’s on his way to the exhibition with Hannah. Hannah hints at his manager to say something about how nice Tae Jun looks with Hannah. The poor manager does so, only to be snapped at by Hannah for being slow on things.

Hannah takes this time to ask Tae Jun about his reason for not going to Canada. Tae Jun doesn’t go into detail and Hannah’s disappointed that he doesn’t say it’s because of her.

Eun Gyul’s at a clothing store, browsing when he sees some striped collar shirts that he likes. He ends up getting both the blue and yellow.

 

 

At the party, Jae Hee (wearing a dress that makes her look like a football player with the most awkward wig ever - or maybe it’s this angle, but she just looks unflattering) chows down on the reception food, wondering why she’s there, dressed up like the way that she is.

She complains to John about the discomfort, and John replies that the more uncomfortable it is, the more beautiful she is.

At the same time, Tae Jun and Hannah arrive.

Eun Gyul’s back in the dorm room, where he stands in front of the bathroom mirror and comes up with different ways to give Jae Hee the extra shirt that he bought. Every scenario seems awkward and he beats himself for it.

 

 



While Eun Gyul’s in the bathroom, Hyun Jae comes home to find the present. He smiles and asks Eun Gyul how he knew it was Hyun Jae’s birthday. Oh no!!
Hyun Jae takes the present and is about to open it when Eun Gyul snatches it out of Hyun Jae’s hand. This is so heartbreaking. Poor Hyun Jae.

Eun Gyul feels terrible afterwards and promises to buy him a present later, but since it’s his birthday, Hyun Jae should receive birthday punches. Too bad for Eun Gyul, Hyun Jae’s so much bigger and so much stronger and no birthday punches are given.

 

 

Jae Hee trudges through the exhibition, bored out of her mind. She fiddles with her phone, debating whether or not she should call up Tae Jun.

Just when she’s about to press the call button, John calls her out on her boredom and honestly admits he’s dying a bit inside as well. He drags her away, promising something fun.

Tae Jun and Hannah enter the exhibit and Tae Jun catches a glimpse of Jae Hee before she lives. He becomes confused and wonders if it really was Jae Hee that he saw.

John takes Jae Hee into a room, filled with photos of herself. She’s touched and surprised that he has so many photos of her.

She asks why he did this for her and asks if he’s playing a joke.
John becomes serious and says that he’s seen her since she was little.

“It’s been like that, and I want to keep it that way. I want to have you by my side.”

John admits that he’s dying of embarrassment but will man up to finish what he started.

“I’m confessing to you right now.”

He tells Jae Hee to think it over and give him an answer. He’ll be waiting.
Jae Hee doesn’t say anything, but looks conflicted.

 

 

She returns to the reception, where she finally spots Tae Jun. She turns to go towards him, but stops when she realizes she’s dressed up as a girl. But when she sees Hannah, she freaks out and runs away.

(Wait...so Jae Hee’s more afraid of Hannah finding out that she’s a girl than Tae Jun? What?)

We knew Jae Hee was a bit lacking, but now we wonder if she’s completely brainless, because her definition of running away isn’t far at all, and she ends up being in the exhibit with Hannah and Tae Jun again, except this time, Hannah spots her.

Jae Hee runs away again and Hannah chases after her, suspicious.

Hannah tells her to stop, and Jae Hee momentarily does before dashing off again, making Hannah even more suspicious.

Jae Hee comes to a locked door, and after a moment of delayed reaction, she realizes that she’s been cornered.

 

 

Luckily, Tae Jun chases after Hannah and tries to drag her away, but Hannah’s determined to find the mystery girl.

John finally steps in, to tell Tae Jun and Hannah that they’re not allowed in the area. Tae Jun bites the bait and drags Hannah away.

John heads to Jae Hee and apologizes her for bringing her to the exhibition. Jae Hee shakes her head and lets out a breath of relief.

 

 

Tae Jun heads back to the dorm and finds that John has been waiting for him.

John tells Tae Jun that if he’s not going to make Jae Hee happy or if Jae Hee’s not happy with him, then Tae Jun should just let her go.

John admits to Tae Jun that he likes Jae Hee and he’s confident that he won’t put Jae Hee in difficult situations like earlier. John tells Tae Jun to think it over and walks away.

Tae Jun lets out a sigh because it’s true.

 

 

Entering the room, Tae Jun heads straight to Jae Hee’s area and watches her sleeping before heading back down. Jae Hee opens her eyes. It’s a sleepless night for both of them.

Eun Gyul’s on the soccer field when he spots Jae Hee. He runs to the bench and grabs his present for her. Without a second thought, he rushes over to Jae Hee and gives her the shirt, saying someone gave him the shirt but it’s a bit too small. Smooth~ much better than the other scenarios he came up with.

She loves the shirt and he beams in satisfaction.

Eun Gyul then brings up that he has something to tell her, but only when he gets on the national team.

 

 

Later, Jae Hee confides in Sangchoo that whenever she’s with Tae Jun, she gets cranky and emotional. She knows she shouldn’t feel this way, but she can’t control her feelings.

Just then, Tae Jun finds her talking with Sangchoo and asks if she’s not going to ever talk to him again. Then he asks Jae Hee to follow him.

They get on a bus, where Tae Jun reveals that he wants to take some pictures but needs someone to accompany him.

Prepared for everything, Tae Jun takes out some boiled eggs and shares with Jae Hee on the bus. Jae Hee takes his egg yolk since he can’t eat them and Tae Jun smiles.

 

 



They stroll in the park, taking pictures of all the pretty landscape and finally starts taking self-shots with each other. They play around and have a fun date.

Tae Jun later tells Jae Hee that Hannah isn’t the reason why he’s not going to Canada, but he can’t tell her the real reason yet. Jae Hee just needs to know that he’s not going anywhere and she shouldn’t go anywhere either.

They head back to the school on a bus. Tae Jun dozes off and his head falls on Jae Hee’s shoulder. She’s startled and tries to push his head away, but Tae Jun’s head is already stuck on her shoulder. She smiles at him, but quickly turns away, telling herself to stop being greedy.

 

 

Hannah’s in her room, still thinking about the mystery girl at the exhibition. She’s stressing about it, when Director Jang calls her about a live interview later in the week. She complains about not feeling in the mood to do a live interview and rejects Director Jang.

Hannah begins flipping through the yearbook again, this time actually finding Jae Hee’s school picture. She scoffs in disbelief.

In the lounge, Teacher Lee runs into Coach Baek cooking some ramen. He asks if she wants some and she replies that she doesn’t eat instant food.

The next thing you know, they’re bonding over ramen together.

Teacher Lee asks why Coach Baek quit sports and Coach Baek replies that he was just tired of it. He gets all sincere about it, but he ruins the mood when he burns his finger on a hot pot.

Teacher Lee grabs his hand, asking if he’s okay and the two share a cute intimate moment together.

Coach Baek continues his story, saying he realized only after his injury that high jump was the only thing he could do.

 

 

In the studio, John looks over photos of Tae Jun doing the high jump, then another of Jae Hee.

Eun Gyul hops on the bus to go to a game, when he spots Jae Hee running towards him. She hands him a shirt with the Korean flag stitched on. She asks him if she seems too girly, and Eun Gyul says yes, making both of them smile. Jae Hee tells Eun Gyul to make sure he gets on the national team and wishes him luck.

 

 

Jae Hee returns to her room to find Hannah already there.

Hannah greets her with a solemn face, throwing all of Jae Hee’s feminine products on the floor. Jae Hee freezes up. She tries to explain herself, but Hannah’s not having it.

Jae Hee begs Hannah not to say anything to the show, but Hannah determined to expose her secret.

It takes a long time before Jae Hee reacts and runs out of the room.

Hannah finally catches Doctor Jang and tells him about the female student hiding at the school.

Doctor Jang pretends like he doesn’t know and drags Hannah away.

He sends Jae Hee a text that he has Hannah for now. Jae Hee takes a breather and sits down on a bench.

Hannah’s anger grows by the second as Doctor Jang continues to prevent her from going directly to the principal. He tells her to calm down, saying exposing the secret will only harm Tae Jun as well, since he’s been living with a girl for such a long time.

Doctor Jang manages to convince Hannah to keep is a secret, since it won’t be long until the secret gets exposed. Hannah agrees and begins storming out when Doctor Jang pulls her back.

And in a sudden twist, Doctor Jang asks for Hannah’s autograph, which she completely ignores.

 

 

On her way out, Hannah meets up with Tae Jun, who scolds her saying girls aren’t allowed on campus. Hannah laughs at the rule and finally reveals that Jae Hee is a girl. When Tae Jun doesn’t react in the way she expected, Hannah immediately realizes that Tae Jun’s known all along, but pretended not to know. She asks if Jae Hee’s the reason why Tae Jun’s not going to Canada.

Tae Jun’s silence confirms all of Hannah’s suspicions and she cries, feeling betrayed. Tae Jun apologizes but asks Hannah not to say anything. He wants Jae Hee to admit her true identity.

Hannah storms off saying that he’s crazy.
Her manager finally catches up with her since she has the live interview soon.

 

 

Eun Gyul prepares for his game, proudly wearing the shirt Jae Hee made for him underneath his jersey.

Jae Hee’s talks over the Hannah issue with Doctor Jang, who says Jae Hee needs to start organizing everything. He reminds her that it was a secret that wasn’t going to stay secret forever.

Jae Hee’s distraught over the event, replaying all the times with Tae Jun in her head.

Tae Jun also stresses over the fact, until he receives a text message from Hannah, saying she agrees to keep it a secret like he wanted, but he needs to do her a favor - a favor that he’ll soon find out about.

Eun Gyul returns from the game and the coach receives news about Eun Gyul’s standing on being scouted to the national team. Unfortunately, Eun Gyul didn’t make the cut.

Completely disappointed, Eun Gyul sits on the empty soccer field, looking at his homemade national team shirt from Jae Hee. He cries. And we cry too.

Tae Jun finds Jae Hee at the cafe and Jae Hee replies that she has something to tell him.

 

 

Just then, Hannah’s live interview comes on TV.
She has a bright smile on as she reveals she has a confession.

Hannah announces that she and Tae Jun are dating.
All the boys in the lounge turn to Tae Jun, who is just as shocked as the next person. He stares at Jae Hee, who carries an empty expression.