To the Beautiful you (아름다운 그대에게) episode 16

To the Beautiful you (아름다운 그대에게) RECAP

 

Tae Jun wakes up to the annoying alarm beeping nonstop. He hits snooze, but his mom - we mean, Jae Hee - pulls off the blankets and rushes him to wake up. She even hand feeds him breakfast and pats him on the for a job well done.

Then it’s off to a morning jog with Hyun Jae.

Although they are actually friends now, the competitiveness in them hasn′t died and they race against each other. Meanwhile, Coach Baek embarrasses himself in front of Teacher Lee again. Someone give that man flirting tips.

During practice Tae Jun and Hyun Jae give each other pointers. Then Tae Jun notices Hyun Jae’s worn-out shoes.

Meanwhile, Jae Hee’s learning how to give good leg massages, probably to give them to Tae Jun later. Dr. Jang tells Jae Hee to keep her guard up, especially on the bandages covering her chest since constant pressure in that particular area isn’t good for the female body.

 

 

Seungri meets up with Hannah after finding out that she’s been discharged from the hospital. Although she doesn’t act like it, she’s secretly excited to see Seungri again, especially after his moving confession.

Hannah asks if Seungri has anything funny planned for her today, and Seungri doesn’t, so instead he tells her about the rumor of a girl roaming around at Genie High School.

Hannah freezes and she quickly objects to Seungri’s idea of making all the boys at school jog around shirtless. Seungri doesn’t catch on, but believes that Hannah is actually caring for him instead.

In the cafeteria, Jae Hee cautiously takes her seat, afraid of the rumor going around. Tae Jun promises to protect her if anything happens.

Jae Hee changes the topic to Eun Gyul and wonders if she’s a bad friend for rejecting Eun Gyul, especially since she hasn’t talked to him in awhile.

 

 

But all is back to normal, when Eun Gyul rushes to Jae Hee and asks her to join him while shoe shopping. Tae Jun invites himself, saying he has something to buy as well.

Eun Gyul, seeing the close relationship between Tae Jun and Jae Hee, makes him sad, but he forcibly puts on a bright face.

As they snack on spicy rice cakes, Jae Hee and Eun Gyul take off their jackets to reveal that they are both wearing the couple shirts that Eun Gyul previously bought. In a sudden surge of jealousy, Tae Jun excuses himself.

Back in the dorm room, he hands her a new backpack that he claims he bought because it was so cheap. “It so happens that I also have the same backpack.”

Ha. Jealous Tae Jun is funny.

 

 

In reply, Jae Hee tries to give Tae Jun a leg massage.

She aggressively pushes him onto the bed and starts fondling his legs, wondering if she’s doing it correctly.

Obviously, Tae Jun is a boy and cannot withstand the ….the...boy feelings....and tells her to stay one meter away. Jae Hee’s blind and doesn’t understand, so Tae Jun has to repeat it again to her, this time more forcibly, then he goes out to run.

In the morning, Dr. Jang finds out that Tae Jun slept over in the doctor’s office, for obvious reasons.

 

 

Dressing up after practice, Hyun Jae tells Tae Jun that he’s just not as good as Tae Jun, but he’s going to the Olympics somehow. Tae Jun tells Hyun Jae, “I don’t plan on going there by myself.”

Then he gifts the new shoes to Hyun Jae, who is immediately touched.

Such a touching moment. The bromance. We love it. We only regret it had to happen when the drama’s almost over.

Tae Jun is packing up to head for the big competition and takes Jae Hee’s lucky shoelace with him.

His bags are all packed and he heads to the door, when Jae Hee stops him....and gives him a peck that makes him drop his bags. She tells him to do a good job without any injuries and Tae Jun leaves in a flurry with his heart racing.

Meanwhile, Teacher Lee gives Coach Baek some decent food so that Coach Baek can stop eating ramen. Coach Baek then tells her that they should carpool...because he moved closer to her to do so. Coach Baek runs away shyly as Teacher Lee smiles.

And the cutest couple ever is born.

 

 

Jae Hee’s searching for something when she notices discomfort in her chest.
The pressure continues to practice, where Seungri pushes Jae Hee more.

Meanwhile, Hannah is starting rehab and she tells Tae Jun do work hard for his competition and even shows a bit of care towards Jae Hee.

Everyone’s on their toes, now that rumor about the girl is floating around.

After practice, Seungri notices that Jae Hee doesn’t look too good, when suddenly, she faints. The boys take off her shirt, and shockingly find the bandages around her chest.

As Eun Gyul dashes to the doctor’s office, everyone seems to know about Jae Hee and her real identity. Seungri questions Eun Gyul on everything he knows about Jae Hee and Seungri gives them an angry lecture about keeping it a secret and how that will affect Tae Jun and Eun Gyul as well.

At the office, Doctor Jang is laying out the facts to Jae Hee - it’s all over.

 

 

Tae Jun has no idea as he enters the arena. He calls Jae Hee, but she doesn’t answer.

Coach Baek gives Tae Jun and Hyun Jae a pep talk looking into the empty stadium.

Seungri’s pissed at Jae Hee for even thinking about doing something like this. She promises to be responsible for it and asks Tae Jun and Eun Gyul to not be punished.

The rumor spreads and everyone avoids Jae Hee like she’s the plague. Only Eun Gyul stays by her side. The other dorm heads confront Seungri who takes them aside to talk .

Meanwhile, Jae Hee says her good byes to Sangchoo.

 

 

Seungri is getting grilled by the other dorm heads, saying Jae Hee’s presence will destroy all the culture that’s been passed down. Seungri says he’ll take the responsibility for it and begs the other dorm heads not to say anything to the school.

It’s decided by the dorm heads that Jae Hee will leave and Jae Hee thanks Doctor Jang for everything. She also happens to be leaving on the same day of Tae Jun’s competition. She cries, Doctor Jang consoles.

 

 

Jae Hee starts packing up her bag, reminiscing about everything. Tae Jun finally gets a hold of her and they talk about everything, except for the fact that Jae Hee has been caught a girl. She cries as she hangs up the phone.

The next morning, Jae Hee’s leaving the school - the transfer student transferring out, but before she can, Eun Gyul pulls her away.

 

 

Eun Gyul’s the only one concerned over the fact and Jae Hee thanks him for worrying so much about her. Eun Gyul still adamant about not letting her leave like this. He insists that she stay by his side. Is she not even willing to do that for him?

Nope. Jae Hee is not.

Eun Gyul runs off, hurt and angry.

And Jae Hee is sad again.

 

 

Tae Jun gets a day off from practice and, talk about timing, Jae Hee came to visit him.

They have a cute bicycle date - we hope she doesn’t have a freak accident and wreck Tae Jun’s leg too.

At night, they stare at a beautiful water fountain.

Jae Hee looks at him as if she’s trying to every piece of his face into her head.

She tells him that he’s her miracle and Tae Jun starts picking up on things.

As Jae Hee gets up and leaves, Tae Jun rushes after her and kisses her (insert the awkward SM 360 degree camera angles that ruined this kiss scene.)

Tae Jun finally sends Jae Hee off at the bus stop.

She tells him to have a good time, as if she’s never going to see her again. He’s a little surprised at the farewell, but bids her good bye with a hug. He asks her one more time if there’s something wrong, but she denies it. She gets on her bus and it takes her away.

Jae Hee packs up the rest of her things as she remembers all the moments she’s shared with Tae Jun.

 

 

The next day, Jae Hee takes her suitcase to leave, but when she’s met with a large group of students, all waiting for her. (WHAT? We thought they all hated her.... for lying to them. And she doesn’t even have a reconciliation with Jong Min...who just disappeared in the middle of the drama. UGH This drama....)

Seungri’s the representative and he says the farewells for the group.

As she’s about to leave (how many times is she going to try to leave this school?) Eun Gyul pops up with Sang Choo and he says good-bye to her.

Eun Gyul asks if she’s going to see Tae Jun. She says no. Eun Gyul promises that he’ll never forgive her and get his revenge. She can’t wait for it. (We can′t wait for it either).

With Jae Hee gone, Eun Gyul calls Tae Jun and spills the beans to Tae Jun, who’s just getting ready to make his jump.

 

 

Like an idiot in love, he starts packing up his bags. Hyun Jae tries to convince him to stay, when Tae Jun drops Jae Hee’s organizer filled with Tae Jun’s track info. Suddenly, Tae Jun’s inspired to go jump...for Jae Hee.

On the bus to the airport, Jae Hee asks to watch the competition with the person sitting next to her and she manages to catch Tae Jun jumping over the bar....and making it over.

In his post jump statement, Tae Jun shouts for Jae Hee to wait for him, or else. Jae Hee nods her head and cries.

Time passes and Jae Hee’s back in America, looking like a girl.

 

 

She checks a video message from Eun Gyul as he talks about his busy practices and games being on the national team.

He updates Jae Hee on school life.

Coach Baek and Teacher Lee are getting married.
Seungri is spending another year to fully prepare for the college entry exam and secretly dating Hannah, who’s thinking about studying about physical therapy.
Doctor Jang left for Paris to study fashion.

At the end of the message, Jae Hee notes that she didn’t get an update about Tae Jun.

 

 

Then she drops her organizer on the grass and someone steps next to it.

She looks up...and TADA. it’s Tae Jun.
“I told you I would come see you!”

They hug. They bond. They reunite.

The drama ends.