To the Beautiful you (아름다운 그대에게) episode 6

To the Beautiful you (아름다운 그대에게) RECAP

 

Jae Hee’s on her way to the airport with Daniel, who is impressed with how the internet makes everything easy these days. Obviously, Jae Hee’s minds somewhere else: Tae Jun.

She regrets ever coming to Korea and blames herself for all the burden to jump that Tae Jun carries now. She says she doesn’t have the courage to see Tae Jun jump.

At the competition, Tae Jun nervously waits his turn. After each athlete, he passes, not ready just yet.

Hyun Jae jumps and makes it over with flying colors.

The height continues to rise as Tae Jun keeps on passing his turn.

Meanwhile, Hannah’s on her way to the competition when her manager mentions that whoever stole her uniform brought it back. She’s creeped out by it and throws the bag away. The same bracelet that Hannah saw earlier in Tae Jun’s room falls out and Hannah orders her manager to drive faster.

The height is at 2.15 meters now.

Hyun Jae nervously preps himself before miraculously making it over, despite his stage fright.

Finally ready, Tae Jun gets up, and the camera shows us Jae Hee′s red shoelace on his shoe.

 

 

He takes a deep breath, scans the audience, and runs to the pole.
He jumps… makes it over…but the bar falls.

The taxi stops and Daniel tells Jae Hee to go watch the game.

He tells his sister to not avoid hardships and that Tae Jun’s even challenging himself.

Easily swayed by his words, Jae Hee dashes out of the cab and runs for school.

Tae Jun has one more chance to jump before he’s eliminated.

 

 

He takes a deep breath, just as Jae Hee somehow made it back to the school in time for his second jump.

She cheers for him and a smile of relief washes over Tae Jun’s face.

He prepares himself and jumps… this time making it over the pole with perfect posture.

Everyone begins to cheer as tears of joy flows down Jae Hee’s face.

The competition’s over and Tae Jun didn’t do so well - at least by his standards, but Jae Hee tells him that she′s still proud of him.

She receives a text message from her brother, who then suddenly is all for her staying there. Is it a requirement for all these characters to be confusing?

Jae Hee gets excited about the permission and gives Tae Jun a hug.
He immediately pushes her away, but then thanks her for her lucky shoelace.

 

 

At the movies, Eun Gyul brings popcorn and soda to Da Hye.
He asks her what the movie title is, and Da Hye replies, “Do you want to date me?”

He doesn’t get it until a moment later.

Da Hye then straightforwardly says, “Let’s date,” making Eun Gyul’s heart start to pound. We′re beginning to think that Eun Gyul′s heart just thumps all the time. Abnormal heart maybe?

In the locker room, Hyun Jae starts picking at Tae Jun again, saying he’s finally met Tae Jun’s record. 2.3 meters. He tells Tae Jun that he’s going to shatter Tae Jun’s record.

Reporter Yang asks Hyun Jae for an interview and later congratulates Tae Jun on his return.

Before he leaves, Hyun Jae tells Tae Jun not to make another competition as boring as today’s. Tae Jun promises that things will get very entertaining, - so just wait. Hyun Jae leaves, with a slightly regretful face.

 

 

Hannah arrives at the gymnasium to find Jae Hee standing outside.
She questions Jae Hee on the bracelet and asks if Jae Hee was the one who stole her school uniform.

Jae Hee lowers her eyes in shock and denies doing such a thing.
Hannah calls Jae Hee a ert, “Or… Are you a girl?”

Jae Hee looks up with round eyes, just as Tae Jun arrives to save the day.
Hannah starts explaining the situation, what with finding the bracelet in the dorm room and with her school uniform.

“So that’s the reason why you think such a thing? Because of a common bracelet?”

Tae Jun scoffs then shows Hanna his matching bracelet that he claims to have bought in front of the school earlier this week.

Tae Jun and Jae Hee leave Hannah, confused in her own thoughts.

Heading back to their dorm room, Tae Jun warns Jae Hee to be careful…or everyone’s going to think she’s a ert for stealing a girl’s school uniform.

At Serin High School, a group of girls gossip about how Tae Jun is no longer the reigning high jump king. Just as Tae Jun’s fanclub is about to lash out, Hannah gets up from her seat and does the job for them, by pouring juice on the girl’s tablet PC.

Hannah warns them about saying bad things about Tae Jun ever again. Guess Hannah serves a purpose.

 

 

Back at Genie High School, the Vice Principal asks about the preparations for the school festival. The three dorm heads are already prepared with pamphlets and the VP is satisfied.

He then asks if they’re doing that strange event again, and the dorm heads say of course, since it’s the school’s tradition. The VP’s not too fond about it, but Seungri says they must, since this time, his dorm has a hidden card.

At the same time, Eun Gyul is showing pictures from last year’s event – when the men dressed up as women. Jae Hee is shocked and laughs her head off at the photos.

 

 

When she settles down, she asks Eun Gyul about dating Da Hye and if things are going well, and promises to do whatever she can to help him.

Eun Gyul thanks her, then asks how Tae Jun’s doing, since he lost to Hyun Jae in the recent competition and got kicked out of the track team. Jae Hee sighs in worry.

In the dorm room, Tae Jun’s not even worried about his declining track record. He’s more worried about Jae Hee not coming home.

Then he gets mad at himself for worrying about her, but walks around the dorm to search for her.

He runs into her midway and lies that he’s going somewhere.
Jae Hee heads back to the room, but not before she encourages him that Tae Jun looks the coolest when he’s jumping. Tae Jun says he didn’t even get started yet.

Seungri’s off in his own world, doodling on Jae Hee’s picture.
He makes her hair long and smiles proudly.

So, Jae Hee is his hidden card for the cross-dressing competition.

Eun Gyul’s out on the soccer field practicing, but something’s troubling him.

He thinks about Da Hye’s offer to date and Jae Hee’s offer to help and gets all frustrated, just as the coach tells him to concentrate.

Eun Gyul kicks the ball out of anger …straight into the coach’s head.

 

 

At the classroom, Jong Min asks if Jae Hee’s okay after falling into the pool and that someone pushed.

“Did you see the person’s face?” asks Jong Min in a really interested tone.

Such a creeper, that Jong Min.

Jae Hee claims that she slipped, but before Jong Min asks for more details, Seungri calls Jae Hee out to talk about an important topic.

He begins the conversation by asking what Jae Hee thinks a man is. He talks about how a man should be willing to make a sacrifice for his team. Jae Hee doesn’t understand at all...

Seungri pulls out his doodled picture of Jae Hee and as she looks at it shocked, Seungri grabs her shoulders and asks, “As a manly man, can you become a woman?”

Jae Hee’s appalled and declines right away, but Seungri’s persistent saying she’ll make the perfect woman…man. She runs away with Seungri yelling that she’s not being manly by rejecting.

 

 

Meanwhile, Eun Gyul and Da Hye are at a shoe store to repair his ripped soccer cleats. The owner suggest that Eun Gyul just buy a new pair of shoes

Later at dinner, Da Hye asks why Eun Gyul won’t just get a new pair of shoes. Eun Gyul tells her that he’s won a lot of games with those shoes and they’ve become his lucky charm. Da Hye says she doesn’t know much about soccer, but knows that he’s the face of the team, which Eun Gyul is happy with.

When Eun Gyul struggles to cut his hamburger in half (just eat it like a man! Who eats their burger with a fork anyways…), Da Hye takes it and cuts it in half for him.

(We can’t tell if this is a Kraze Burger PPL or actually a meaningful scene…)

As they leave the restaurant, Eun Gyul leaves his shoes by the trash.
(Eun Gyul…you have to recycle that or you’ll get fined!)

 

 

In the dorm room, Tae Jun is doing pull-ups from the second floor ledge, just as Jae Hee enters the room, amazed at Tae Jun’s determination to practice everywhere.

Jae Hee tells Tae Jun to use her in every way if it’ll help him do better.
As he does pull ups, Tae Jun says he doesn’ t need anything.

Jae Hee doesn’t hear clearly and asks what.
Tae Jun replies. Jae Hee doesn’t hear again. (What. Now she has hearing problems too?)

She leans closer to Tae Jun over her bed and sticks her head out, just as Tae Jun pulls up, leaving only a short distance between them. GASP!

Tae Jun falls and Jae Hee hits her head on the railing in shock.
She asks him about what he needs and Tae Jun says nothing, before avoiding the awkwardness by going to the bathroom.

He looks at himself in the mirror and says Jae Hee is dangerous.

 

 

It’s another day and our boys are in class.

Teacher Lee is excitedly talking about the school festival and how their class is going to set up a coffee shop. She asks if anyone in the room is familiar with making drip-coffee, oh, because you know, all high school athletes know how to brew coffee.

Teacher Lee says it’s not hard and volunteers Tae Jun to be a barista. Immediately, Jae Hee raises her hand. And in a domino effect, Eun Gyul and Jong Min volunteer themselves.

As Tae Jun jogs, Jae Hee runs along with him with two portable fans. They have a cute interaction over them, until Tae Jun sees the track team practicing on the field.

Jae Hee looks troubled, and later meets with Seungri, where she boldly states that she’ll transform into a girl - on one condition.


Eun Gyul receives money to buy supplies for the café and he takes Jae Hee along to the grocery store.

Eun Gyul forgot to grab the grape juice and leaves to find it. Jae Hee passes by a worker selling lemons, which are apparently good for recovering from fatigue.

She buys an entire box.

Later at the dorms, she’s preparing a special lemon dish with honey. She puts it into a cute jar, complete with a bow. As she heads to her room, she runs into the security guard, who has a huge stash of fan presents for Tae Jun.

She leaves the lemon jars, saying she can’t be the only one to get special treatment by gifting him with a present.

Tae Jun returns home and notices the lemon jars and the card that came along with it.

With just one glance, he immediately recognizes Jae Hee’s handwriting and takes a lemon to snack on.

At the gym, Seungri’s in practice, but his mind is somewhere else.
He goes back to what Jae Hee asked for.

She wants Seungri to help Tae Jun back into the track team

Although it’s hard, Seungri desperately needs Jae Hee for the contest, so he heads to talk to Coach Baek as the captain of the track team.

After class, Jong Min picks on Jae Hee about her entering the Miss Genie contest. Eun Gyul and Tae Jun’s heads both turn in alert.

Jong Min tells Jae Hee to give up since this year’s winner is obviously going to be him. Jae Hee apologizes that she can’t, due to specific reasons.

Tae Jun leaves the class room, slightly bothered as Eun Gyul asks if Jae Hee’s really going to do it.

 

 

Tae Jun is practicing in the dark gym, when Coach Baek comes.
Coach Baek asks why he’s in the gym and Tae Jun begs for Coach Baek to take him back.

Tae Jun gets down on his knees, showing that he desperately wants to be back on the team.

Coach Baek grows soft and finally accepts Tae Jun back – but as Hyun Jae’s training partner, which Tae Jun doesn’t care, as long as he’s on the team.

Coach Baek gets up to leave, but not before he tells Tae Jun that Seungri played a big part in helping him back on the team.

 

 

It’s the day of the school festival, as the Genie High School students are advertising each class’s special event.

The boys are preparing their café, each dressed as a Coffee Prince barista.

Jong Min comes to the café, holding a giant white tiger costume.
When no one wants to war it, Jae Hee volunteers.

She comes back wearing the costume, and Eun Gyul immediately asks for a picture.

But as the picture is about to be taken, Eun Gyul’s hearts to act up again, beating loudly. He looks over to the Tiger masked Jae Hee, who appears with pink sparkles in his eyes.

He calls himself crazy that he’s even feeling nervous over the tiger mask.

Outside, Jae Hee works hard, distributing flyers.
After awhile, Eun Gyul offers to take her place so that she can rest for awhile.

Back at the café, Tae Jun is preparing an ice coffee, which he claims is for himself.

 

 

Just then, Da Hye enters the café looking for Eun Gyul.

Eun Gyul in tiger costume roams around, when Tae Jun calls for Jae Hee and hands Eun Gyul the iced coffee. He makes the excuse that a customer made an order but left without taking it.

Tae Jun tells Jae Hee/Eun Gyu to take it easy and pats the tiger head before returning to the café.

During a short break, Eun Gyul takes off his mask and ponders at what the iced coffee was all about.

Jae Hee comes back to take her shift and Eun Gyul dashes to meet with Da Hye.

Da Hye promises to help sell a lot and Eun Gyul goes to prepare the food.

Once at the coffee bar, the boys interrogate Eun Gyul over Da Hye.
Jong Min predicts all of Eun Gyul’s answers, saying Da Hye is not his girlfriend and just a friend.

Hyun Jae has a revelation and realizes that Da Hye is the one Eun Gyul’s has been sighing about every night. Eun Gyul denies it – all wile Da Hye is like three feet away and capable of hearing the entire time.

We know some of the boys are stupid in this drama, but man…talk about rude manners.

Da Hye appears as if she’s sitting on a bed of needles.

Jae Hee returns to the café after passing out all of the pamphlets. She asks who the girl is and Tae Jun replies Eun Gyul’s girlfriend. Eun Gyul denies it.

As he’s making Da Hye’s waffle, Eun Gyul looks over at Da Hye and smiles.
Then his eyes trail over to Jae Hee, then to Tae Jun. He shakes his head to clear his thoughts.

 

 

Eun Gyul takes Da Hye to the soccer field, the place where he spends most of his time.

Da Hye points to the goal posts and starts spitting out technical information about it. She even knows Eun Gyul’s position on the team and defines it, as if to say that she’s been studying about soccer because of him.

The real reason why Da Hye is here is to give Eun Gyul his old shoes, all stitched everything back up.

Touched, Eun Gyul tells her that soccer is fun, but even more fun when you watch the actual game. He invites her to come next time to watch when he has a game.

Da Hye carefully asks if they are now dating then.

Instead of answering of answer, he gets up and offers her his hand.
They walk, holding each other’s hands.

They are so cute.

The festival’s highlight, the Miss Genie contest is starting with a performance by the taekwondo squad and random band. (Enough with the promotions please…)

Jae Hee heads to pretty herself, while Tae Jun runs into Seungri.
Tae Jun thanks Seungri for helping him get back on the team. Seungri instead reveals that it was actually Jae Hee who made it all happen.

 

 

In the dressing room, all the dorm 2 boys, including Jong Min are dressing up.

Seungri tells Jae Hee that for one hour, she is a girl.
Jae Hee nods. The irony.

The contest begins and all these bulking muscular men come out wearing revealing dresses with heavy make-up. It’s actually comical and at the same time, very disturbing.

Jong Min comes out with busty chest and performs miss A’s Bad Girl, Good Girl.
Uh….no comment.

Seungri enters backstage again to give Jae Hee the goods.
He hands her the costume and two loaves of bread…for her to stuff… her chest area.

Bread… We probably would have never thought about stuffing a bra with bread. Is that what high school boys think s feel like?

Tae Jun’s outside the dressing room, deciding whether or not he should go inside.

He finally decides against, just as he passes by the bully who Jae Hee got in a scuffle with in the bathroom on the first day she was there. Tae Jun doesn’t think much of it and continues his way.

 

 

Jae Hee’s in the dressing room, changing.

She hangs her clothes above the blinds, when someone snatches the clothes away, leaving Jae Hee .

Seungri announces for Jae Hee to come on stage, but when she doesn’t, Seungri heads to the dressing room, only to find the door locked. He runs to get the master key.

Big Bully dashes off with Jae Hee’s clothes when Tae Jun sticks out his foot and trips him over.

Tae Jun finally understands that Big Bully was the one who was playing all those ‘jokes’ on her.

 

 

Tae Jun threatens Big Bully to stay out of her way, or he won’t let Big Bully off easily.

Big Bully asks why Tae Jun cares so much, and Tae Jun replies, “Because I’m his roommate.”

In the dressing room, the door unlocks and Jae Hee freezes in shock, until the hand of the person entering leaves her clothes on the table.

She peeps out a thank you…and adds Tae Jun’s name after it, just as Tae Jun leaves.

Seungri and the other guys rush to unlock the dressing room and all pause in shock as they take a look at Jae Hee.

 

 

The ceremony continues on and Jae Hee is finally introduces to the stage.
Everyone in the audience is shocked by her beauty and gapes – Eun Gyul especially.

Jae Hee says she has no special talents, so she’ll sing a song. She proceeds to perform IU’s Peach (which is actually a song IU wrote for Sulli).

Eun Gyul pretty much dies in happiness as Dr. Jang watches, saying that Jae Hee’s either too innocent or just plain stupid that she’s announcing her ual identity to everyone. Eun Gyul reminds himself that that Jae Hee is not real and that she’s just made with two pieces of bread.

So that’s where his mind is at…the bread, right?

Jae Hee catches Eun Gyul look at her, and he winks, making Eun Gyul go nuts.

Meanwhile, Tae Jun didn’t stay to watch the contest but instead headed off to practice.

He receives a text message that Hannah’s on her way and he tosses his phone aside.

Hannah runs into Eun Gyul and the two bicker over the incident in the hot tub again.

She threatens to take him to the police if he doesn’t lead the way to the gym.

 

 

Tae Jun’s practicing when Jae Hee enters the gym, wearing her girly outfit still.

She gives the excuse that she didn’t have time to change because she was too busy organizing things (She just really wanted to show Tae Jun her pretty self).

Jae Hee thanks Tae Jun for finding her clothes. He pretends like he doesn’t know what she’s talking about, and Jae Hee says she recognizes his hand from even far away. (Not creepy at all).

He asks if she won first place, and Jae Hee complains that the judges though she was lacking as a girl (hahahahaha).

Jae Hee asks for confirmation from Tae Jun and he steps closer to her.
He takes out a piece of confetti out of her hair and says, “You’re not too bad.”

 

 

Tae Jun says he needs to practice and Jae Hee steps back to leave, when she trips over the pole and falls on top of Tae Jun. The box in her hand flies, raining confetti all over them.

Just then, Hannah and Eun Gyul arrive in time to witness the entire thing.

 



Tae Jun and Jae Hee stare at each other in shock as confetti continue to flutter around them.