To the Beautiful you (아름다운 그대에게) episode 12

To the Beautiful you (아름다운 그대에게) RECAP

 

Eun Gyul finally builds up the courage to confess to Jae Hee, and as expected, Jae Hee puts on the same ‘shocked’ expression we’ve seen before in the previous episodes. Eun Gyul reconfirms his confessions and then Tae Jun comes to interrupt the two.

Tae Jun’s a bit suspicious and jealous that Eun Gyul and Jae Hee were together and questions Jae Hee, only failing to get the answers that he wants. He moves past it to tell Jae Hee that he’s not in a special relationship with Hannah and walks away. Jae Hee ponders what that means (Insert no expression change whatsoever here).

 

 

Eun Gyul’s agonizing over his confession and wonders what if it was a good or bad move.

Then suddenly, Hyun Jae takes off his shirt.

Thinking that he’ll fall in love with Hyun Jae, Eun Gyul asks him to put his shirt back on.

Hyun Jae doesn’t care and undresses, and Eun Gyul becomes surprised, because his heart doesn’t beat at all at the sight of Hyun Jae’s half body (Because when you’re gay, you love all boys. We all knew Eun Gyul was not the brightest bulb in the bunch).

 

 

It’s night time and Jae Hee an Tae Jun can’t sleep, so Jae Hee decides to call him …as they lie…in bunk beds…in the same room…. (Sigh). Tae Jun thanks Jae Hee for making him jump again and Jae Hee is really happy, but not happy enough to tell Tae Jun what Eun Gyul told her earlier.

In the gym, Tae Jun’s records go up and Hyun Jae’s go down.
Tae Jun tells Hyun Jae not to worry about the records, and Hyun Jae tells Tae Jun to mind his own business. But when Tae Jun leaves the locker room, Hyun Jae beats himself up, especially because he was offered a sponsorship – only if he beats Tae Jun.

Meanwhile, Jae Hee is doing her best to avoid Eun Gyul.

 

 

Jae Hee ends up visiting Hannah at the hospital. To Jae Hee’s surprise, Hannah promises not to tell the school about Jae Hee’s identity. She asks Jae Hee if she likes him and Jae Hee says no.

Jae Hee encourages Hannah to never give up her sport and passes on Tae Jun’s slogan to Hannah, because “miracle is another name for effort.”

Jae Hee’s trying to buy airplane tickets to LA when Tae Jun interrupts.
She then gets a phone call which she hesitates to pick up.

 

 

Seungri makes a “surprise” run-in with Hannah at the hospital and tries to look all hot and amazing, when a nurse comes by and asks if he farted yet after his appendix surgery.

His body decides to rip out a loud one right then and there. Hannah congratulates him as she plugs her nose and gets rolled away in her wheelchair. Poor Seungri. We wish good things happened to you.

Jae Hee’s taking a shower, and in an effort to not let his dirty mind take over, Tae Jun starts exercising.

Jae Hee remembers Eun Gyul’s confession out of the blue and heads to go somewhere, when Tae Jun takes out a “cute” beanie that we hope wasn’t his to begin with. As she leaves, he mutters that the street lamp is still broken.

 

 

Jae Hee catches Dr. Jang on his way out and forces him to listen to her girl problems. Dr. Jang gives her a reality check and get ready to leave the dorm.

Eun Gyul runs into Tae Jun fixing the street lamp and finally tells Tae Jun that he did confess to Jae Hee, leavin Tae Jun shocked that he actually did.

Eun Gyul tries to break the ice and delivers milk to Jae Hee, who responds to Eun Gyul in her very special way – sickly and expressionless.

Tae Jun and Eun Gyul notice Jae Hee’s suitcase. She’s going to volunteer with Dr. Jang. Tae Jun and Eun Gyul invite themselves on the trip. Jae Hee excuses herself to the bathroom when Tae Jun gets a text to check his email.

He goes on Jae Hee’s computer, despite being right next to his desk and he finds out that Jae Hee was looking at plane tickets.

 

 

The volunteer group go to the country side and Eun Gyul asks Jae Hee to stop being awkward and to treat him as she did before.

The hopeless trio meets with the owner of the cabin, who comments that her husband went to a good place.

The community service begins and the trio does everything from cleaning away rocks, unloading heavy things, and riding in a large tractor.

Sweaty and nasty from all the hard work, Tae Jun asks Jae Hee to pour water down his back.

Tae Jun tries to mention her plan to go back to LA, but decides against it.

 

 

He gets up and shows his photoshop-perfect abs to the camera. But that’s not what Jae Hee notices because she sees the rip on his jeans and tells him to take it off. He eventually does and ends up wearing granny pants, making Jae Hee laugh.

Seungri’s at the hospital, watching Hannah sadly cry over Tae Jun.

Through a misunderstanding, Seungri thinks Hannah’s about to commit suicide and Seungri pulls her back. She elbows him straight to his stitched up appendix area and straight he goes into surgery room.

Inside the room, Eun Gyul asks what Tae Jun really thinks of Jae Hee and Tae Jun just stays silent.

 

 

Tae Jun escorts Jae Hee to the bathroom because she’s afraid of spiders and going to a countryside bathroom. And on the way home, Tae Jun finally asks her about her plane tickets.

Jae Hee starts saying she doesn’t know what her purpose is there now that he’s jumped, when suddenly the owner’s husband creepily approaches them.

Tae Jun and Jae Hee freak out thinking it’s a ghost, but apparently, the grandpa never died, but just went to a good place – the hot springs to be exact. Tae Jun and Jae Hee laugh at each other and head inside.

Jae Hee and Eun Gyul finally become like friends again and Tae Jun watches from afar and is jealous per usual.

 

 

While picking out sweet potatoes, Eun Gyul receives a phone call from his coach who tells him that he’s been chosen for the national team after a player was injured. Everyone celebrates Eun Gyul’s achievement.

Eun Gyul packs up to head back to school to start training. Jae Hee sends him off then goes into the kitchen to get a bowl that at the top of the cabinet (why can’t she use the bowls that are within her reach? Strange kid, that Jae Hee).

Tae Jun lends a hand to get the bowl and a strange feeling cuts in between them.

 



Eun Gyul realizes that he accidentally took Jae Hee’s phone and returns back to the cabin.

Meanwhile, Tae Jun tells Jae Hee that he has something to tell her. Just then, Eun Gyul calls Jae Hee out, and before she can leave, Tae Jun blocks the door and says, “When you’re with me, don’t talk about Eun Gyul. I’m not sending you to America. Stay next to me.”

Jae Hee’s puzzled, but what else is new?