To the Beautiful you (아름다운 그대에게) episode 15

To the Beautiful you (아름다운 그대에게) RECAP

 

The secret’s out and Eun Gyul is pissed, and rightfully so.

He thinks Jae Hee’s been toying with his mind and is completely upset with how she didn’t even think of him at least once after his confession.

Hyun Jae’s in the bathroom, saying 100 compliments to himself to boost up his self-confidence. He ends with “You are the best,” and it is so endearing. Now we know why it takes him so long to use the bathroom.

Eun Gyul’s still pretty pissed off and partially dumps it out on Hyun Jae. But when Hyun Jae leaves, Eun Gyul replays everything that happened with Jae Hee and agonizes over everything.

 

 

Meanwhile, during high jump practice, Coach Baek introduces Hyun Jae and Tae Jun’s new rival - a young rookie who is setting all sorts of records left and right.

Jae Hee tries to call Eun Gyul, but he ignores all the calls. Picking the wrong time and person, Seungri tries to see which jokes are funny.

Obviously, Eun Gyul’s not in the mood.

 

 

After getting ignored by Eun Gyul, Jae Hee gets consoled by Sangchoo. Before long, Tae Jun joins the two.

Then the big reveal happens - Jae Hee confesses that she’s a girl. Tae Jun gives her a hug and thanks her for telling him. He admits that he’s known all along and tells her that he likes her once again.

They cry together and hug...and for some reason, this moment has been very anticlimactic.

Hyun Jae gives Eun Gyul a bottle of juice as a peace offering and asks how things are going with his love life.

Eun Gyul pours his heart out, angry at himself for not knowing and letting that person struggle alone.

But what makes him furious is that she was doing it all for another person and not him. That and the fact that he doesn’t think he can forgive him.

 

 

Meanwhile, rumor spreads that there is a girl on campus and one of the dorm heads overhears. (Question: How did that rumor start?)

Eun Gyul continues to ignore Jae Hee and Tae Jun questions Eun Gyul on what’s going on. He tells Eun Gyul to stop making Jae Hee suffer. Eun Gyul then asks if Tae Jun’s known all along that Jae Hee was a girl. He replies yes.

 

 

This just makes Eun Gyul even angrier, since Eun Gyul had told Tae Jun that he liked Jae Hee. Things get even more twisted and Eun Gyul, more upset that even a stupid sock puppet show put on by Jae Hee by the laundry room window does not make him feel any better.

Jae Hee’s depressed, and Seungri chooses this time to test out his jokes on her. Fail again.

As they fold laundry together, Jae Hee tells Tae Jun that Eun Gyul knows the truth and she doesn’t know how to make him talk to her again.

Adding onto their pile of worries, Tae Jun tells her about the genius rookie and his new records. They encourage each other with over-the-top sugary comments that are somewhat cute but also make us want to barf at the same time.

 

 

Dorm head 1 confronts Seungri about the girl on campus that is most likely from dorm 2. He asks if he can personally check the dorm 2 kids, and Seungri permits him.

In an effort to make Jae Hee feel better, Tae Jun takes her on a date to the aquarium, where they hold hands and do all those couple-y things, but discreetly.

 

 

While on their date, Jae Hee reveals that she was most upset when Tae Jun left early from the training camp and they couldn’t camp out and eat smores together.

So what does Tae Jun do?

He buys a tent and camping chairs and an entire s′mores kit and sets it up on their school grounds. They eat s′mores together and chat about this and that.

 

 

Jae Hee wonders if she’ll still be around to do things with him in the future and Tae Jun reassures her that they will be.

Rumors about the girl on campus continue to spread and manages to slip into the ears of Reporter Yang, who is following Tae Jun around to interview him for a special report.

Eun Gyul also overhears and the rumor starts bothering him.

 

 

During practice, Reporter Yang takes notice of how close Tae Jun and Jae Hee are. She starts to ask Jae Hee about it, but Tae Jun comes to save the day.

On his way out of the locker room, he sees the dorm heads sneaking into the locker room with a giant box. He slips the story to Eun Gyul and he starts sprinting towards the locker room after getting a spare key.

 

 

Eun Gyul’s feelings are correct, because the dorm heads are hiding inside the box in the locker room, just as Jae Hee is changing. But before the dorm heads see anything, Eun Gyul pulls Jae Hee out to safety.

 

 

Jae Hee takes this time to apologize and Eun Gyul in response asks for a fair chance. If he’s really not the one, he’ll step away on his own. Jae Hee agrees to spend one day with Eun Gyul.

Meanwhile, Reporter Yang gives Tae Jun an ultimatum - an exclusive interview with her, or she starts investigating on Jae Hee. Tae Jun agrees to the interview.

 

 

Not knowing that this date is not going to end well, Eun Gyul excitedly gets ready for his date with Jae Hee, hogging the bathroom and making Hyun Jae do the pee dance outside the door.

 

 

At the hospital, Seungri confesses to Hannah that he likes her and wants to do everything to make her smile. He encourages her to receive rehabilitation and not give up. After a touching speech, Seungri performs a comedy skit to make her laugh, and he succeeds.

During her date with Eun Gyul, Jae Hee continuously checks up on Tae Jun and texts him, wishing he was there with her. (Wow....)

Even with Jae Hee not taking this date seriously, Eun Gyul continues to keep hope that he might have a chance with her after all. He tells her that he rather see her smile than smile himself.

Please...someone please go hug this boy and find him a girl who actually appreciates him. This is just heartbreaking.

 

 

Tae Jun completes his interview, covering everything from Hannah to the new rookie jumper. Off the record, Reporter Yang asks why he’s protecting Jae Hee and Tae Jun replies that he’s rather take the burden than to trouble her.

Jae Hee and Eun Gyul are continuing their so-called date, when Jae Hee receives a text message from Tae Jun saying that he misses her and for her to hurry back.

Just like lightning, Jae Hee reacts and Eun Gyul’s face immediately falls.
She says she has to go back, and Eun Gyul already knows it’s because of Tae Jun.

He tells her that he’s going to the bathroom and if she’s not there, he’ll take that as a rejection. “But I hope that when I come back, you’ll still be here.”

 

 

As Eun Gyul waits in front of the bathroom, Jae Hee stands at the top of a hill and calls out his name. Eun Gyul’s face bursts with a smile.

The next thing we know, we’re looking at Tae Jun, who gets up at the sight of Jae Hee, who is huffing and puffing, having run all the way back to school.

It turns out that Jae Hee gave Eun Gyul false hope again, but felt the need to tell him in person that she doesn’t like him. Eun Gyul forces a smile and lets her go.

He sits by the river, heartbroken, but staying optimistic.

Meanwhile, Jae Hee tells Tae Jun that she ran all the way because Tae Jun missed her. Touched, he runs to give her a hug.