To the Beautiful you (아름다운 그대에게) episode 13

To the Beautiful you (아름다운 그대에게) RECAP

 

Before Jae Hee can react, Eun Gyul bursts into the kitchen.
Tae Jun leaves the kitchen, and Eun Gyul tries to read the situation.

Tae Jun and Jae Hee are dropped off at the dorm by Dr. Jang, who watches the two with a suspicious glance.

Tae Jun sends her to the bathroom to take a hot shower and tells her that he has something to say, a secret. Jae Hee freaks out wondering if Tae Jun knows that she’s a girl (Girlfriend, he’s known for a long time). Outside the room, Tae Jun mutters that he’s going to tell her his feelings.

Meanwhile, Dr. Jang texts Jae Hee to be careful of Tae Jun, since it seems like Tae Jun must known.

Unfortunately for Dr. Jang, he sent the text to Tae Jun, and not Jae Hee.
He quickly meets up with Tae Jun, who confesses that he does know Jae Hee is a girl and that he’s going to tell Jae Hee his true feelings for her. Dr. Jang asks if that’s the best he could do. He tells Tae Jun to consider Jae Hee’s feelings too, especially if she finds out that she’s been caught.

Taking Dr. Jang’s word, Tae Jun doesn’t mention his feelings and covers up for wanting to talk to Jae Hee.

 

 

In the morning, they indirectly exchange post-it note messages with really cute drawings. (We didn’t know Tae Jun could draw too.) In high spirits Tae Jun jumps really high too during practice.

But things aren’t looking good for Hyun Jae, who keeps going down in a slump.

The sponsorship offer continues to haunt him and Hyun Jae stresses out.

 

 

At school, Jong Min is reading Eun Gyul’s fortune with tarot cards. All is going well, until he pulls the love card and asks if Eun Gyul is in love. He sheepishly laughs and asks Jong Min to read Jae Hee’s fortune too.

After much bickering, he does, and only bad news follow the cards Jae Hee picks out. He tells her to watch out.

Eun Gyul reassures her not to believe in fake tarot cards. He then tells her that he has a goal ceremony already planned up. A human nine, or gu, referring to Jae Hee’s last name.

 

 

Jae Hee leaves a school building to see Hyun Jae looking down the balcony. She thinks nothing of it as she walks down the stairs.

She sees Tae Jun and calls out his name. He turns around, just as a flower pot crashes down right behind him. No one is at the balcony anymore.

Jae Hee puts Hyun Jae’s name out there as a suspect but Tae Jun tell her not to write stories. She still tells him to take care of himself

After Hannah announces to reporters that she broke up with Tae Jun, a mysterious figure is up to no good and cutting the brakes off of Tae Jun’s bike.

 

 

Jae Hee sees and confronts Hyun Jae, who flees, startled.

Hyun Jae’s all tensed up, especially when Eun Gyul pops out and scares him. Eun Gyul surprises Hyun Jae with a late birthday present – BB Cream, because that’s what boys give to each other for birthdays.

Suddenly, guilt eats Hyun Jae up.

 

 

As Jae Hee and Tae Jun head out for school, Jae Hee steals Tae Jun’s bike to prevent him from getting on it. Unfortunately, something is wrong with the bike and Jae Hee loses control, going down a hill. Eun Gyul sees and dashes to stop her, getting hurt in the process.

It’s bad news for Eun Gyul. His injury isn’t too serious, but bad enough to prevent him from playing the national team game.

Eun Gyul reassures Jae Hee that it’s okay, and feeling terrible about the situation, Jae Hee goes straight to Hyun Jae to address his actions. Eun Gyul overhears and confronts Hyun Jae, who comes clean.

 

 

At the hospital, Seungri encourages Hannah to cheer up, especially since he’s gone through a similar thing. He promises to make her smile at least once every time they meet. (Awww~)

The teacher arrives and takes roll, only to discover that Hyun Jae is not in class. Tae Jun ponders about if the incidents have anything to do with Hyun Jae.

Tae Jun’s father visits the school to talk to Coach Baek, asking about Tae Jun’s stats in sport jumping. Jae Hee runs into them and Tae Jun’s father pulls her aside to talk to her.

He mentions that he’s worried Tae Jun’s not doing well because of him, because Tae Jun thinks that his father’s the reason why his mother died.

 

 

The sad music floats over to Eun Gyul, who was scolded by the coach for getting injured. But like a true friend, his attention goes to Hyun Jae and wonders what he’s going through to have done all that.

On his way back to the dorm, Eun Gyul runs into a girl looking for Tae Jun. She decides not to leave until she sees Tae Jun.

So Eun Gyul hides the little girl into a bag and brings her inside Jae Hee’s room. It’s only then they realize the little girl’s not Tae Jun’s little sister. She’s his girlfriend and she’s actually Hyun Jae’s little sister – the one he’s always sweet talking with. (Awww~ Hyun Jae is a sweet older brother).

In an empty gym, Hyun Jae contemplates dropping out of school.
His worries fly away when he sees his little sister in his dorm room.
Promising to show her Tae Jun another time, he drops her at home.

 

 

Little sister is disappointed that he’s leaving already and asks when he’s going to get a gold medal because when that happens, the whole family can be together again. (Why is she so cute?)

He tells her soon and leaves with a sad smile.

Hyun Jae returns to the dorm and thanks Eun Gyul for taking care of his little sister. He then explains that he did all those bad things because he needed to win for someone. His efforts were nothing compared to Tae Jun’s talent and he became greedy and stooped to his lowest level.

Eun Gyul reassures Hyun Jae by saying, “Your efforts will always comeback with some kind of reward.”

They share a bromance moment as Hyun Jae cries, thankful to have Eun Gyul as a friend.

 

 

Hyun Jae goes to Tae Jun and fesses up about everything.
He tells Tae Jun that he knows he should quit the team but has a reason he can’t.

Hyun Jae says he’ll quit if Tae Jun tells him to.

But Tae Jun plays dumb and pretends not to know what Hyun Jae’s talking about, and instead scolds Hyun Jae for skipping practice. He tells Hyun Jae not to make things too easy for him and heads inside, leaving Hyun Jae with many thoughts.

 

 

Inside the dorm, Jae Hee asks that Tae Jun make up with his father.
Tae Jun gets angry and storms out of the room to receive comfort from Sangchoo.

Flashback shows us little Tae Jun and Tae Jun’s mom always stranded alone due to the dad’s busy schedules. Tae Jun’s Dad’s lack of concern eventually caused the rift between them as Tae Jun’s mom passed away, making Tae Jun believe his dad killed his mom.

 



Jae Hee picks up Tae Jun’s phone and rushes out to find him.
When she does, she informs him that his father collapsed.