To the Beautiful you (아름다운 그대에게) episode 14

To the Beautiful you (아름다운 그대에게) RECAP

 

Tae Jun refuses to go visit his father at the hospital, and for one, Jae Hee gives him a firm scolding that makes it hard for Tae Jun to ignore.

They end up at the hospital and Jae Hee escapes to go buy a gift, leaving Tae Jun alone with his daddy.

 

 

Being forced to be in a room together, Tae Jun’s dad starts spilling his guts, explaining that he understands why Tae Jun is so mad at him, but Tae Jun, being stubborn and hurt, doesn’t let his daddy issues get sorted out.

He leaves the hospital and asks Jae Hee if it’s okay to hold her hand as they walk back to the dorm.

 

 

Keeping his promise, Seungri comes to make Hannah laugh, except all of his jokes are cheesy and lame. Hannah is not impressed but can’t hide a smile as she rolls away, while Seungri cries about his failure.

Thanks to his failure and the fact that no one came for a hospital visit, Seungri is pissed off and orders the team to do too many sit ups to mention.

 

 

Helping Jae Hee, Tae Jun pulls her up, but almost too powerfully that Jae Hee falls on top of him and causes more sit ups to be added.

Jae Hee starts wondering if Tae Jun is gay and freaks out, giving him a test, but she’s the only one who ends up looking dumb.

Tae Jun and Hyun Jae continue practice, but Hyun Jae is still down in the slumps. Tae Jun also not having the best day of practice ever and Jae Hee wonders if he’s unstable because of his dad.

Meanwhile, Director Jang visits Tae Jun’s dad and tells him to reveal the truth about his mother to Tae Jun. Tae Jun’s dad is just as stubborn and refuses to say anything.

 

 

Tae Jun’s all jealous because Jae Hee has a friendly date with Eun Gyul to watch the soccer game.

Eun Gyul takes this time to tell Jae Hee that she’s his best friend and that he’s happy with her just being by his side. Despite his growing greed, he knows that he shouldn’t want anymore. Jae Hee apologizes and hopes he doesn’t get too disappointed in her later on.

 

 

During practice, Coach Baek dismisses Tae Jun to take a day of rest because Tae Jun’s low records is because his heart is heavy. Jae Hee’s written records also show that Tae Jun’s jumps have gotten worse since the day his father collapsed.

So Jae Hee forces him out.

They go on a cute date, taking picture of flowers and each other. They play at the arcade and the playground. All is fun and dandy until Tae Jun sees his young self being greeted warmly by his father.

They take a walk and talk about their fun day. Then Tae Jun asks if Jae Hee will leave if Tae Jun gains his old record back. She replies yes and Tae Jun falls silent.

Jae Hee tries to get rid of the awkwardness and says she’s cold. Tae Jun immediately gives her his jacket, and caught in the moment, gives her a kiss as well.

 

 

Of all the excuses to make up over the kiss, Jae Hee asks if there was alcohol in the TINY piece of chocolate that Tae Jun ate earlier.

Tae Jun eats up the excuse and pretends to be drunk as Jae Hee hurriedly leaves the scene. Tae Jun beats himself for being careless.

While Tae Jun’s getting consolation from Sangchoo, Jae Hee’s getting counseling from Doctor Jang about the kiss. He asks what she would do if Tae Jun knew Jae Hee’s identity and Jae Hee says she will have to leave. Dr. Jang tells her to do what she feels is right because getting caught will only take one second.

Jae Hee decides that even if she must leave, she has to take care of something first.

She invites Tae Jun on a dinner date to talk about something important.

 

 

Meanwhile, Hyun Jae asks about Eun Gyul’s dating woes and reveals that he knows Eun Gyul’s crushing on a guy. Hyun Jae jokes, asking if it’s him, but ends up becoming a good ear to listen to Eun Gyul’s struggles over Jae Hee.

Tae Jun returns home to find Jae Hee’s not home. Instead, she’s at the hospital with a favor to ask to Tae Jun’s Dad.

Back on campus, Eun Gyul notices Jae Hee’s sadness and encourages her that whatever she did to make Tae Jun angry, it’ll be okay.

She walks away feeling happier, but leaving Eun Gyul to take another sad selca, saying he’s happier making her smile.

 

 

At the restaurant, Jae Hee spills and says Tae Jun’s dad is also coming. Tae Jun’s ready to leave, but Dad makes him stay, as Jae Hee lets herself out.

Tae Jun’s pissed off to the max and gets up to leave when Daddy finally reveals that there’s more to Mommy’s death.

 

 

Tae Jun sits by the river, distraught and crying.

We find out that Mommy knew all along of her sickness but didn’t let anyone know since she was already dying.

Daddy revealed that he kept everything a secret so that Tae Jun can just put the blame on Daddy instead of being in pain over his mother’s inevitable death.

 

 

Tae Jun comes home to the consoling of Jae Hee.

The next thing we know, time has passed by as Eun Gyul’s back on his feet and kicking soccer balls at his coach as usual.

Tae Jun’s finally made peace with his daddy and sends him touching messages with picture attachments. With things patched up for the most part, Tae Jun’s doing well in his practices and jumping over all the bars.

 

 

As Tae Jun and Jae Hee are all smiles over lunch, Eun Gyul happens to witness this event and becomes really depressed that he can’t be as natural as Tae Jun is with Jae Hee.

He tries to brighten himself up by saying that man or woman - they’re all human beings.

 

 

Jae Hee leaves flowers on Tae Jun’s desk and he becomes really happy, telling her that he’ll take the meaning of the flowers to his own understanding. She’s so clueless that he has to tell her that he likes her, leaving Jae Hee dazed. Tae Jun smiles to himself outside of the room.

Jae Hee finally understands what just happens and decides that it’s time to reveal the truth to Tae Jun.

 



Meanwhile, Eun Gyul’s having another bathroom emergency and rushes to Jae Hee’s room. He enters the bathroom - door unlocked, go figure - just in time to see Jae Hee undressing.

She tries to hide her sports gauze-covered chest, but it’s too late. Eun Gyul’s seen everything and he manages to blurt out, “Gu Jae Hee, you were a girl?”