Chapter 6; Evidently

Rightful Regret

Chapter 6; Evidently

"Ana." Kai froze.
        "Jong-in." Suho growled.
        "Ana?" Vera twitched.
-
        All eyes shot at Ana, while her's were staring steadily at Kai. No one moved, until the oven timer beeped, and Sehun flinched.
        "I'll get it," the maknae darted into the kitchen, Kyungsoo mumbling a brief "me too," to join him. Suho and Baekhyun took places on either side of Ana, just in case she were to lung at her ex. They felt the setting dip even further when Vera clinged closer to Kai, burying her face in his neck.
        "They're staring at me weird." Vera whined, placing her bright red lips on his neck. Kai didn't react, only continued to stare at Ana. She broke away at the moment, crossing her arms and silently shuffled to Baekhyun's unused bedroom.
        Suho and Baek rolled their eyes at Kai, the two of them going in different directions. Baekhyun followed Ana, while Suho loudly set out dinner's silverware.
        "I don't think they like me," Vera giggled dumbly. Kai smiled back at her, not so reassuringly.
-
        "Are you going to eat Ana?" Suho asked, slipping off the oven mitts to plate the kimchi spaghetti.
        "I'll try." Ana smiled weakly, taking a deep breath. Even if she wasn't going to show Kai that she was devastated, she could certainly act like she was mad. She dared to peek out the revolving kitchen door, grasping the doorknob tightly. Kai and Vera were still standing in the living area, their small chatter faint.
        "Baekhyun! Food!" Suho called right over Ana's shoulder, causing her to jump. She flinched like she was scared, of Suho or breaking down in front of Kai she didn't know. She was only aware that they were in the same dorm, the same space. And his aura was electrifying. Ana recognized the feeling, sparks and shocks. Only Kai could start the feeling, and Ana didn't like it. This was exactly what she felt when they were together, when she was happy.
        "Excuse me," a squeaky voice washed away her thoughts, the voice accompanied by an ant slim waist that swerved to the dining table. Ana glowered, and Baekhyun pulled her away from Vera. He patted Ana's tense shoulders sympathetically.
        "You okay?" Baek lightly shook Ana, her face pale and ghastly.
        "She's fine." Kai mumbled back, while Ana stood still, processing his voice. She walked out of Baek's hold and unconsciously picked up her jacket, a hand already on the doorknob. I won't be a burden. I won't be a burden. Ana repeated the mantra in her head. She ignored Suho's friendly smile to stay, but she couldn't. Ana had to go. Go away.
-
        Kai's paper plate dropped as well as his mouth, in disbelief at the scene. Ana had just ran out, and it was his fault. She looked absolutely fine to him, but she left. They had merely only exchanged a word to each other and she fled. Of course it was your fault! Moron! Kai's brain shouted at him. He snarled at the quarrel in his head, winning the mental argument with the statement "I have Vera now." His thoughts shut down immediately, and he focused on the slim girl.
        Vera was slim and slender, like a stick. That's how Sehun, Suho, and D.O. described her anyway, jealous. All off them revolved around Ana, vice versa. Though Kai wasn't part of the orbit, cause now he had someone else. And she was (not Ana)..."perfect".
        "Jong-in." Suho said, handing him another plate of food. Magically, the wasted food on the floor was cleaned up and everyone was seated. They all looked between Kai and the chair, suggesting that he take a seat. He smiled weakly, his thoughts clouded.
        "Water?"'Vera giggled, handing the glass to him. Kai sipped the refreshment, noticing it wasn't cold. No ice.  If Ana had given him the drink, it would've had ice.
-
        How could you walk out? How could you not walk out? Why did you leave? Why did you leave just now? Ana's head screamed questions at her, while she exhaled frustrated. She was trudging away, irritated and confused into the sunset.
        Tears welled up and spilled over, blurring her vision. Her feet led her to a low tree, and she curled up against the dark bark. When her vision came back, she winced at her surroundings: The Han River.
        How and why did she end up here? Ana fell back into the grass, exhausted with the mental fight. She wept even more when she turned her head towards the sun, the sight overbearing. Two bodies, two hands, one sunset. The painting was alive in front of her, but it wasn't Kai and Ana who walked the scene. It was Kai and Vera.

 

 

I feel bad D; this chapter was poopy-ish LOL! Don't you think?