Chapter 5; Encounter

Rightful Regret

 Chapter 5; Encounter


            Instinctively, Kai's thinking brought up a numerous numbers of questions: Did Baek pursue her? Did she pursue Baek? Did they kiss? Did they see each other? Were they seeing one another? Jongin sprinted towards the filthy rich painter's adobe , shoving through boardwalks of people. They glared and snickered at him, until one passerbyer stopped him.
        "Excuse me," the voice mumbled, a glimpse of her bronze curls practically waving themselves at Kai. It was her. Ana.
-
        She strained herself to just keep walking. Away from the world. Away from Kai. And just when she started to reach the "start-line" to the road of recovery, they crossed. Er, bumped shoulders actually.
        "Ana?!" A hand reached for her forearm, the familiar electricity shock surging through her only when Kai was around. Panicked, Ana shrugged the grasp off, desperately yearning out of the crowd. It released her and she bolted away, only to be stopped again.
        "Wait!" The hand balled up her shirt, wrinkling the cotton.
        "Let go please," Ana said without making eye contact, she squinted at the road in front of her.
        "Ana." The voice repeated, and she didn't move, because she knew it was Kai.
        "Ana."
        "What?" She turned around bravely to look at her ex, an unamused expression forced onto her face.
        "It is you..." Kai blinked to himself "It's been past twenty minutes." He joked, laughing by himself awkwardly. Ana twitched an eye brow up, amazed at how self-contained she could look at a time like this.
        "You know, we broke up right." She stated more than asking, eyeing the fingers that were still around her wrist. Kai let go quickly, looking down at his converse.
        "Oh, Psssh yeah." He shrugged, his nervous weariness gone that instant.
        "Okay, well then." Ana bowed briefly, brushing off the crinkles he had made in her shirt.
        "Goodbye Ana."
        "...Goodbye. Kim. Jong-In." Ana whispered, the unfazed (and not heart-broken) act reaching its time limit.
-
        Proud of his pride, Kai playfully threw the container of paint onto a shops roof. He watched the black liquid splatter slowly, and he speed walked away mischievously. He was cocky about the encounter with Ana. Pleased with himself at how collected he was. Wait, Ana was too? Ana looked absolutely fine? She didn't care? This girl. Just as quick as he had recovered his sanity, again, the little bolts in his brain switched to: ignorance.


        Jongin stood outside the club for hours, entering when he saw the perfect prey; Two girls in skimpy little outfits. Kai was going to get one of them wasted and then sober to show off to Ana.

-
        She hyperventilated, bewildered at how calm she had just looked with Kai. Ana expected to be on her knees, sobbing into his chest. Though here she was still on the verge of tears, her pride still intact. She didn't break down in front of Kai, vice versa. Another reminder made that he didn't want her anymore.
        Aware that she was now a burden to his easy life, Ana made a vow. A vow she knew she could keep, or so she thought. Ana was going to disappear from Kai's view, become a mere leaf on the tree of life. Keep everything in, to not be more of a burden then she thought she already was. Ana was going to be dull and lifeless on the outside, whereas inside she was going to be afraid and agonized.
-
        Kai s his hand around Vera's waist, while she giggled and snuggled closer to him. Suho, Sehun, and D.O. blinked up from their folders simultaneously, suggesting a get-a-room look. Jongin laughed apologetically, and still did not retract his hand. The staff and the director glowered at them, the "lovey-dovey" mood interrupting the conference.
        The chairman himself waved his hand dismissively at the two, slightly irritated of their interjection. Leader, maknae, and big eyes exchanged nervous glances, everyone aware of the loud smooches happening outside the door. Chairmen grunted, aggravated, rescheduling the meeting for next week. Swift bows were made, and feet scattered out the doors.
        "Is that Kai's new girl? The one he met at the club?" Sehun whispered, taking a peek at the two in the corner of his eye.
        "Uh huh." Suho nodded, clearly not approving of the naive girl. 
        "Vera, right?" The maknae poked, fishing for information.
        "Yes Sehun, but personally I think Ana's better. Much better."
        "Me too, hyung."
        "Me three," Kyungsoo joined in, scowling at "KaiVera."
        Suho sighed, waving Baekhyun over to join them:"We all know, as does Kai, Ana is the best."
-
        "Just try it," Suho insisted, a spoon hovered in front of Ana's mouth.
        "I'm not hungry." Ana shrugged, softly pushing his arm down.
        "You haven't ate in three days Ana," Baek looked up from his art easel, an aqua mint tint dripping on the floor.
        "I just don't have an appetite." Ana exasperated "I don't know why." The three vocals pursed their lips in unison, Kyungsoo shaking his head.
        "Kai hyung is on his way!" Sehun's voice heard after the key pad chimed, telling them bubble tea maknae arrived. And like a habit, Ana snatched her jacket off the couch, already halfway out the dorm.
        "Ana love, stay." Baek pleaded, cautiously peeling her hands off the doorknob.
        "Don't you 'love' me bacon. You know why I can't stay." Ana glared, twisting the doorknob again.
        "Face him. Then you can leave."
        "Hullll..." Ana sighed, taking her place on the couch next to D.O.
        "He's here." Sehun read on the screen of his phone, pouting while he sat a few feet from the door. And as if on cue, Kai entered the apartment. His laugh filled the tense setting and it immediately got even worse; He wasn't alone. When he stepped into the apartment, he had a hand on Vera's back, as the three of them locked eyes.

 

Cliff-hanger :DD What did you think? Comment(: