Chapter 4; Spaced

Rightful Regret

Chapter 4; Spaced


        "I'm sorry Kai," Ana apologized, crying into his chest.
        "Do you regret it now?" Kai pouted, ruffling her hair.
        "Yes. I'm sorry," she repeated, hugging him tighter.
        "I'm not." Kai said, shoving her off him.


        Kai laughed at the dream, planning it out exactly like that. He woke up with a grin that started and ended from ear to ear, clapping loudly like Chanyeol would who was unfortunately in China with Kris. Maknae Sehun would have to do as he stirred from his sleep beside him, knocking down the familiar green glass bottle: soju/alcohol. Kai immediately sniffed his shirt, his stomach contracting when he tasted the foul smell.
        "AISHH." Kai shook his head, reaching for his phone.

Two missed calls:
Suho

        Kai frowned, disappointed that Ana still hadn't contacted him. Nor shown her face. A sudden rush of anxiety came over him, confirming her leave. She was gone. And she wasn't coming back. Though it didn't bother Kai of course, because she was going to come back running into his arms, sobbing with regret. Pride told him exactly that, and he believed it.
        First thing on the to-do list of revenge is well, to get another girl of course. After showering, Kai confidently stepped out of the apartment, towards the club.
-
        Sun glared through the choppy blinds, shining on Ana's beautiful face. She pouted then laughed, protecting her eyes from the light with her palm like she was still a child. She thought it was Kai and his cute little turtle flashlight, annoyed with her that she wasn't awake yet.
        "Kai, seriously, five more minutes," Ana breathed, waving her hand around to swat the light away. It faded and she searched for Kai's warmth, unable to find it. She squinted, confused that he wasn't with her. Then again, just like last night, er hours ago, the realization hit her: She had left Kai. For good. And she was now regretful. She held back the tears and forced herself to get up, heading towards the bedroom.
        Ana inhaled deeply and threw open the door, scoffing when a framed picture of them coincidently fell off the dresser at the same time. It was the picture Baekhyun painted from, two bodies, two intertwined hands, one blazing sun.
        "WORTHLESS GOD D*MN PHOTO!" She yelled at the broken picture, quickly snatching a backpack from the closet. Ana furiously threw her things into the bag, cursing through tears and sniffles. She snatched the numerous photos of her and Kai off the walls, throwing them out the window. If Kai didn't care, then she wouldn't either. And even though she knew it was all a complete lie, she left him and didn't look back.
-
        Daylight Seoul bored Kai, he knew the life at night; Swerving bodies, blinding lights, and soju scented food stands. He strolled contently, hands stuffed in the pocket of his jeans. Jong-In could skip freely with all the stress lifted off his shoulders, and yet at the same time he couldn't. He lost the stress, he lost her. And even though he was free, he sure as heck didn't feel like it, or know how to for that matter. All he knew was Ana and all she knew was him. They had just enough innocence for each other, so they were clueless without (each other).
        He found himself on a quieter part of the city, his legs dragging him to a random food stand. Jong-in chuckled and sat on the too thin plastic chairs, the stool bending under his weight. Overwhelmed, Kai placed his cheek on the matching red table, something cold and wet latching onto his skin. Black Paint.
        Alarmed, Kai stood up quickly, knocking down the chairs to the cement. He swiped a pointer finger on his left cheek, the liquid staining his skin. Jong-in bend down under the table to find a small circular metallic box. He opened the air-shut container, more black cream inside. Paint only meant one thing; Baekhyun. And where there's Baekhyun, there should be Ana.
-
        An utter mess she was, eyes red and puffy, skin pale yet blotchy. Itchy with irritation. Her fingers were crimson and dry, a result of ripping countless photos of her and Kai. She tattered them all out the window, leaving only one behind to deal with itself. Ana left the same broken framed picture on the bedroom floor where it chose to be, a sharp, jagged piece of glass protecting itself from Ana's trembling hands.
        She had spat at it, furious, and slammed the door on her way out. Out into the dangerous world, "Kai-less." Her protection was gone. Her love was gone. And her life was gone. She dragged her aching feet forward, drunk with disbelief. The breakup did happen, though it wouldn't sink into Ana's mind altogether. Her heart would slowly soak it in, leading to a change of heart...
     
 

But what Kai and Ana didn't know, was that they'd roam just far enough to cross each other's paths.

 

Chapter 5 is gonna be... c: and then 6? c:

Thanks for subscribing! Tell your friends? :DD ehh ehh? No? Okay :(