Chapter 9; Open Minded

Rightful Regret

Chapter 9; Open Minded



      "Oh my God," Kai leaned against the wall, in the corner, mortified. He struggled for air, tears blocking his throat. Jongin slumped down to the floor which made it even worse. The blood was so red, so dark, so...Ana.
        Kai held his breath, the smell of bleach too strong as the janitor wiped the floor clean. The nurses placed Ana on a gurney, pulling her to a dark room. Following them, he pressed his face up against the glass, searching the room for Ana. She was pale and still,fresh blood still dripping from her fingertips. Kai held in a scream, and he ran to tell Baekhyun.
       

        The oldest comforted him, smoothing his back sympathetically. Jongin continued to cry, directly in front of the preservatory. He could see Ana clear as day through the small window, a petite body in the midst of a black parachute. Kai forced out all his tears, and opened the silver double doors, ignoring the "authorized personal only" sign.
        Her clean hand was as cold as fresh snow, while the other was stained with blood. She was still breathing, a tiny clip-on heart rater attached to her bloody wrist. There was a timer and it blinked 3:00, 2:59, 2:58. Ana had three minutes to live, and then she'd be gone forever. Never to breath, hear, or see ever again. The doctor said she would live. It was merely malnutrition. He changed his mind. The doctor said it was leukemia. Bullsh*t.
        Kai was living a drama, a fan fiction, a fable. A victim of never-ending hardships from life.
-
        "Jongin get up," Suho ordered, shaking his shoulders "Vera's calling."
        "Eff Vera! It's her fault Ana's dead!" Kai forced his eyes open, groggy but angered from lack of sleep.
        "Haha. What? Ana's not dead." Suho laughed, handing his phone to him.
        "Yes she is. She died last night. I was with her."
        "Kai she's right there." Suho pointed and Kai followed his slender finger, low and behold, Ana was tucked tightly in the white sheets.
        "I'm dreaming. I'm dreaming." Kai slapped himself as hard as he could, like it was Ana's palm that smacked his cheek.
        "Jesus your weird." Suho rolled his eyes, going over to Ana to adjust her pillow.

Kai grinned, it was all a dream. A horrific dream.
-
        "How could you fall asleep when you were going to confess to her?" Baek clucked his tongue, taking another spoonful of frozen yogurt.
        "And how could you be eating Ana's dessert?" Kai attempted to change the subject, snatching the treat from his Hyung's fingers.
        "But really though Jongin, you going to get her back?" Baek the last bit of yogurt on his plastic spoon, frowning at the now empty curve.
        "Don't I always?" Kai smiled, sneakily taking a scoop of Ana's requested food.
-
        "Go in. Give her the yogurt. Talk." Baek and Suho explained, sliding open the door to Ana's room.
        "I, I forgot something" Kai shoved through his elders, only to be pulled back by the collar.
        "Nope. You and Ana. Now. Nothing to forget." Suho forced Jongin into the living area, locking the door from the outside. The older brothers nodded encouragingly to their dongsaeng, waving him forward.
        "GIVE HER THE DAM* YOGURT KAI!" Baek called mischievously, earning a slap on the head by Suho. Kai chuckled, straightened his boyfriend cardigan, and approached Ana.


        She was leaning on her left side, the right bandaged from the fall. A magazine was in between her hands, being flipped fast, like it bore her. Ana looked up when she heard Baekhyun's voice, setting down the "Compatible Calendar" article.
        "How's your head?" Kai's face popped up aside the half-cut wall. Ana raised an eyebrow, grunting, turning back to read again.
        "I got you your yogurt." Kai placed her dessert on the bedside table. He eyed her nervously as he sat down. On the edge of her bed.
        "What are you doing?" Ana warned more than asking, she panicked and the first emotion up to bat was anger. She let it pick her first words, while she herself concentrated on the electricity between her and Kai. The familiar fuzzy feeling she got when he was around surged through her veins, pounding blood into her cheeks. For the first time in a week, there was color in her skin.
        "Are you feeling alright?" Kai cocked his head to the side cutely before reaching to touch her naturally rouged cheeks. 
        "Please don't touch me." Ana flinched at his warm fingertips, so close to breaking down.
        "Can we talk?" Kai dared, his courage almost gone.
        "We are talking."
        "I mean, about us."
        "...Okay Kai." Ana said, surrendering herself to him.




I trolled you. Twice (: *flinches at the hit you try to give me* Unexpected though wasn't it? Hehe.

This is you right :

 

OH! And Merry Christmas (: