Chapter 10; Retraction

Rightful Regret

Chapter 10; Retraction


     "Can we talk?" Kai dared, his courage almost gone.
      "We are talking."
      "I mean, about us."
      "...Okay Kai." Ana said, surrendering herself to him.


        "So..." Kai gulped, unable to think of any words.
        "So..." Ana mimicked.
        "I missed you," Kai closed his eyes, thinking back to the countless times where he wished for Ana instead of Vera, who had lost interest and found a new toy.
        "I..." Ana trailed off, biting her lip. Should she tell Kai the same? Or push him away? Maybe even take advantage of the heart-to-heart they were upbringing?
        "You don't know how many times I sat in our living room, staring at the painting." Kai admitted, eyes still shut.
        "I..." Ana still didn't know what to say, she was in awe.
        "Our lives are upside down now" Kai stared off into space "we need each other, jagi."
        "I..." Ana repeated, mouth dropped open.
        "Say something else!" Kai raised his voice, gazing into Ana's eyes.
        "I...love you."
        "..." Kai sat silent, his turn to be in awe "you love me..."
        "Yes." She replied simply, bravely taking his hand in hers.
        "And I, to you," Kai smiled, and she squeezing his hand. On a love impulse, Kai pulled her hand suddenly, making her fall into his arms. His embrace. Ana's eyes widened and then softened, as she took in his scent. Electricity sparking up her adrenaline, and she looked up at her "kkamjjong". She saw soft lips, and blinked her eyes closed, turning away. Kai protested.
        He lifted her chin, and with genuine love, kissed Ana on the lips.


        "FINALLY!!" Baekhyun clapped, freezing in place while he saw the passionate lip lock.
        "Oh, sorry," he whispered, shuffling out the room. Kai and Ana laughed together, embarrassed.
        "You guys back together?" EXO chimed simultaneously, arms crossed amusingly.
        "Of course they are," Baek and Suho answered themselves, while everyone bursted into laughter. 
        "Now about that rain check," Kai pressed a button on the tv remote, Episode Fourteen of Reply 1997 starting. Ana and Kai locked eyes, shaking their heads.
        "All this fuss for nothing," Sehun sighed, throwing a bag of popcorn to his hyung.
        "Kai." Ana blinked cutely, an aegyo card at the top of her deck.
        "What jagi?" Kai mumbled, eyes glued on the screen, interested in the drama.
        "I had a dream, Jongin..." Ana gulped, using his full name, only doing so when she had something serious to say.
        "Yes?" Kai's gaze was fixed on her, full attention from him as well as EXO. Suho pressed pause on the remote and turned to the couple.
        "I-"
        "WHO MISSED US?!?!?" Chanyeol and Kris burst through the hospital door, grins pasted on their towering faces. Chen and Lay followed in, quiet. All the eyes turned to "KrisYeol" because of the gift bags in their hands.
        "What is it?" Sehun snatched the presents out of the main rappers' hands, ripping open the gift. Sehun's face fell as he handed the bag to Baekhyun.
        "It's for you, I think" Sehun shrugged, attempting to act all cool and not disappointed. Baek's eyes lit up as his hands closed on the familiar packed box.
        "Paint," Baek's eyes shimmered, slender fingers around the metal cup. He opened it with a "pop", black liquid almost dripping out.
        Kai's breath hitched and his back tensed, thinking back to the walk of shame in Seoul. EXO looked expectantly at Jong-in and then to Ana who also tensed. Her face scrunched in panic as she unconsciously reached for the paint. Hesitant, Baekhyun handed her the cup, flinching at her ice-cold fingers.
        She dipped her pinky into the black tint, studying the creamy consistency. Curious, she inhaled it, and after a chest-pounding cough, fainted in Kai's arms.
-
        "It's the chemical used to knock out the mind, something kidnappers/rapists/criminals use to get their targets." The doctor carefully examined the poisonous present before throwing it into a white garbage bag.
        As soon as the staff left, Kai grabbed the older hyung by the throat.
        "WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO PULL? Murder?" Jongin pushed his hyung to the wall, knocking down the rest of the set of hazardous paints. Greens and blues splattered to the floor, brightening the already blinding white tiles.
        "Kai! I didn't- didn't know!" The older hyung choked through his dongsaeng's grasp, clawing at his tightening fingers.
        "WHERE DID YOU GET IT?!?" Kai choked his hyung even more, blocking his air ways. He let go when he turned blue, and he inhaled sharply.
        "There was a small paint cart at the mall in China, next to the everysing store." The elder said between gulps of air "They gave it to me for free, because I was an artist."
        Kai softened his glare in response, nervously looking toward Ana who was again, for the nth time, passed out under white sheets. She looked lovely in her sleep, but the dark circles under her eyes didn't do much. They only showed how much she'd went through the past week, ups and downs.
        "I didn't know Kai. Really. If it makes you feel any better, I do know the name of the worker." The older replied after a while, almost to the point where Kai forgot he was there.
        "Well? What is it?"
        "Vera."

End of Part 1


        [A/N] 12/31/12 ; Oh yes, forever an EXOtic troll your author-nim is. Hehe you don't know who the older hyung is! Is it ChenChen? Happy Virus? Duizhang? Unicorn? I'll give you a hint, -SIKE! I'm sorry. That was mean, still you'll have to wait until part two... Anyways! Wahhhh! All done...for now! Ehehehehhe! Ana&Kai had their time to rejoice, but you know, nothing lasts foever:3 Including the time you have to wait for the sequel. Yes. The sequel! What will Jongin&his girlfriend get into next? Subscribe to find out (:

To my amazingly EXOtic subbies/readers: I love you guys so much D; Thank you for staying with me through the spelling errors and lazy updates xD You guys really are the best. Comments and likes and subs mean everything, always giving me bursts of happiness. Hope you enjoyed this fic, I really liked writing it. (Do me one last thing, even though you've done so much already? Could you write a review on this whole fic? All the pros/cons, things you liked, didn't like, how I could improve?) Thanks one last time guys. Happy New Year! 2013!

The "Rightful Regret"--> sequel