Chapter 3; Reminiscence

Rightful Regret

Chapter 3; Reminiscence



        Kai sped to Suho's house, déjà vu taking place when he threw the money at the driver. He ran up the flights of stairs, too impatient to wait for the elevators. He threw open the door of the dorm to find Kyungsoo and Sehun sprawled on the floor, a ramen pot visible in the center of the table. The two boys lie sick to their stomachs of sodium and flour noodles, unable to talk, Suho entered.
        "Jongin-ah" Suho walked up to Kai, his hands soapy from the dishes he was washing.
        "Where is she? Here?" Kai stepped over the maknae, ignoring a pleading hand. He searched the apartment, his insistent drive easing. He slouched to the floor disappointed, apologetically looking at a aching Kyungsoo.
        "Kai," Suho repeated leaning down to pat his dongsaeng on the shoulder, bubbles being absorbed into the cotton v-neck.
        "Do you know where she is?" Kai asked dumbly, pushing Suho's soapy hand off.
        "No, she left a little while ago," Suho said clearly, attempting to keep Kai calmed.
        "Did she say anything?" Kai shook his head, he knew the answer, blood already boiling.
        "She said she's done."
-
        Baekhyun did a spit take with his water, droplets spilling out the corner of his mouth.
        "BWOL/WHAT? Your not going back?!?"
        "Why should I?" Ana crossed her arms stubbornly, her face slightly softening when she saw Baek's face turn sympathetic.
        "Ana. He loves you. L-O-V-E loves you. Do you know how chaotic the world would get if you guys weren't together?" Baekhyun exaggerated, yet he was right. When Kai and Ana were on "break-up" mode, concerts/performance/practices/rehearsals all flawed.
        "Haha, sure!" Ana snorted, almost falling out the too small plastic chair.
        "What's wrong with you? He loves you. Don't you understand?" Baekhyun threw his hands up in defeat, frustrated that she refused to comprehend.
        "I understand that Kai and I are done. Let him know please?" Ana stood up, slapping off Baek's hand that tried to stop her from leaving. She walked away confidently into the tense night setting, whereas EXO all worried about the failing relationship.
-
        "She's going to regret it," Kai chuckled, collapsing at Suho's feet. The soju (alchohol) bottle breaking into pieces like Ana herself had just threw it at Kai. Drunk, the bottle reminded him exactly of her, the now jagged edges so comparable to Ana's ways. You could touch her, but you'd get cut.
        "Jongin get up," Suho shook him, nodding at Sehun to grab his other arm.
        "She's going to regret it," Kai repeated "regret it and come running back to me. Into my arms."
        "Yeah she is Kai, now get up please," Suho urged, trying to drag him out of the shards.
        "And when she does. I won't be here. I'll make her jealous. See if we'll break up again then." Kai laughed, drooling and then falling into unconsciousness.
-
        Ana found herself back at Kai's apartment, staring at the now clean place. The adrenaline that pumped through her veins was nowhere to be found, leaving her silent and exhausted. She reached into the refrigerator, pulling out a container of Kimbap. Her stomach growled at the sight even though she just had deukbokki hours ago. She opened the microwave to find a bag of popcorn, a ripple of regret slapping her in the face.
        She dropped the Kimbap, while tears started to build in her eyes. Weakly, she took the snack out of the microwave, shuffling back to the living room. Throwing the popcorn on the table, she saw that the remote was blinking. Turning her gaze towards the tv, she saw it was on ep fourteen of Reply 1997 paused at an ad. Another pang of regret, threw her onto the ground. Sad tears streaming down her cheeks.
        She lifted her hand up, trying to reach for something that could help her up. Warmth found her hand, and she felt it as Kai's. She threw herself against the heat, wanting to cuddle into his arms and forget the night. But what she found in front of her wasn't Kai. It was the painting and it made her sob. The painting that wealthy Baekhyun painted for them. The painting that survived so many fights. The painting that made it clear to her, that she did regret, and would never ever, be able to forget.