Chapter 2; Mindset

Rightful Regret

Chapter 2; Mindset


        As soon as the wall clock above the painting struck twelve, Kai was out the door. He sprinted out into Seoul's nightlife, trying to come up with a location to where she could be. They lived together so she couldn't have went back to her parents' (home) which was four hours away. Odds are she didn't have no more than ten bucks on her so she couldn't hide in a club or a sauna. So that only left Suho or Baekhyun's place.
      Mind already set, Kai waved over a taxi, urging the driver to go quickly.
-
Suho's house;
      "Ana," Suho greeted Kai's(ex-)girlfriend at the door, beckoning her into his cozy living room. She bowed slightly, jumping when she saw who was on the couch, her bestfriend: D.O.
      "Episode fourteen?" Kyungsoo eyed Ana, making an "ahh" sound when he saw her stained hands, dust and toothpaste tinged her fingernails.
      "Fight with Kai eh?" D.O. guessed. Ana rolled her eyes and nodded, slumping deeper into the couch cushions. She crossed her arms, exhaustion reaching her body. The adrenaline from the fight now absent.
      "Want some?" Sehun offered, standing up from his place on the floor. She reached for his drink, roughly chewing the tapioca pearls.
      "So did he use a death threat this time? Or did he use the 'make-up smirk' again?" Suho asked, bringing a pot full of boiling ramen over to the table.
      "Actually, I walked out this time." She mumbled, taking hold of the remote after a quick tv channel switching disagreement  with D.O.
      "AHH." EXO chimed in unison, picturing the action.
      "Hasn't it been more then twenty minutes since you left?" Suho questioned between slurps of noodles "Are you going back now? Oh and how's Reply 1997?"
      "I'm not going back," Ana crossed her arms, tightening her face when the boys looked at her in disbelief.
      "Ayee. No way." Sehun gasped teasingly, snatching the tea away.
      "Yeah," she frowned, standing up to wash her hands.
      "You said that last time," Kyungsoo said without looking at her, swallowing the broth.
      "And I'm saying it this time. Seriously. I'm tired of all this dam* bullsh*t" She argued back, scrubbing underneath her caked nails. EXO exchanged worried glances before responding back;
      "For good?"
-
      Kai threw the bills at the taxi driver, already in the iron gates when the driver told him he had change. Jong-in ran across his millionaire's friend's yard, stomping on the perfectly green grass. The doors already opened for him by the staff that knew him so well. The workers looked between themselves before they mouthed "Ana" to one another.
      "Yah Byun Baekhyun, where's Ana?" Kai grabbed his forearm, nails digging into Baek's skin. He had a book in one hand, pushing off his friend with the other.
      "Oh she ran away this time? She spiced it up. Not here though." Baekhyun waved him off, answering his own questions.
      "What? Not here?" Kai's face softened, letting go of Baek's arm.
      "So she didn't come back after all huh?" Baekhyun laughed, the news already spread to him by Sehun, though it faltered when he saw Kai's glare.
      "It's different. She didn't even glance back to me like she always does before she leaves." Jongin shook his head, nervous.
      "Oh you know Ana. She'll be home sooner or later. Watch her already be at the apartment when you get there. "Baek reassured Kai, patting him on the back, hiding his face of reluctance.
      "Yeah, I guess." Kai grumbled, making his way out the colossal adobe.
      "Just, tell her you love her instead of fighting for once Kai." Baekhyun replied to the fading footsteps.
-
      Ana continued to trudge through crowded night club streets. Just barely making it out alive from a pout session from maknae Sehun who was urging her to stay. Too much aegyo for anyone. She slumped her shoulders and speed walked her way to her favorite deukbokki stand.
      "Comfort food," Ana sighed, patting her hard earned flat stomach. She flash-backed on her diet days, shivering when she pictured her overweight self, eating multiple slices of bread at a table alone. But that was when she still admired Kai from afar and wasn't his (ex-)girlfriend. That was in freshmen year though, and now was the year after senior (year).
        "I'm so stupid," she scoffed at herself, knowing she was just extra, extra, extra exaggerating over this times argument. And instead of going back to apartment and cuddling with her dancing machine, she was walking in the Seoul streets alone. Caught up in her thoughts, she bumped into a plastic chair; unconsciously arrived at the food stand.  Paying and generously tipping for her rice cakes, she bowed to the elder, ready to enjoy the junk food.
      "I'll take that," Out of nowhere, someone scooped the bowl right out of her hands, taking her very late night snack.
      "Yah, who do you think-" She argued before she saw his face:
      "Baekhyun Oppa," He finished for her, the bowl and the sentence.
      "How did you know I was-"
      "That." Baek poked her belly, chuckling at her I'm-not-fat-anymore protest.
      "Kidding. I was on my way to get more paint," He threw the bag of colors on the plastic chair beside them.
      "At two a.m. ?" She eyed the bag suspiciously, reaching in to find a pack of banana milk hidden at the bottom.
      "Haha," Baek shrugged, knowing he couldn't protest because he was rich and could literally have anything he wanted without taking one step outside his mansion.
      "But anyways Ana, Kai's looking for you. You better go back-"
      "I'm not going back Baekhyun." She interrupted him, stating it loud and clear.