Chapter 7; Pride, Suprise, and a Reality Check

Rightful Regret

Chapter 7; Pride, Suprise, and a Reality Check


        Baek, Suho, Sehun, and Kyungsoo raced after "KaiVera."
 

Fifteen minutes before;

        "Who was that girl? And why did she leave?" Vera pouted, cluelessly and flippantly.
        "Nothing to worry about my love," Kai smoothed her cheek while Suho and Baek became uneasy. All of them, including Kai knew who called who "love." It certainly was not this mindless Vera. But still, Kai pulled her closer, kisses ruining the supper meal.
        "Enough Kai." Suho ordered, pulling away his plate that hadn't even been touched.
        "Calm down hyung, Jesus." Jongin rolled his eyes, taking Vera's hand to pull her up. Kai waked out and left with a complete idiot attached to his hand.
        "Jongin sometimes..." Suho groaned, a hand at his temple "he just doesn't know."
        "Yet we do." Baek agreed and turned to the remaining three, a silent message passing through them before they bolted out the dorm.
-
        "Han River," Baekhyun mumbled, sprinting ahead of Suho.
        "We'll meet you there," Junmyun(Suho) heaved, waving at Sehun and Kyungsoo who were lagging behind. The three of them speed-walked to KaiVera and Ana, unaware of what was to happen...


        Baek stopped dead in his tracks, arms falling to his sides. Ana was three feet away from him, her head turned to sunset. Part of the dusky sphere blocked by intertwined bodies.
        They laughed and hugged each other tightly, Vera standing up on her tippy toes. Just as she raised her lips to Kai's, Ana's tears fell into the Earth beneath her. And even though it was too late, Baekhyun lunged himself at Ana, protecting her eyes from the heartbreaking moment. Her eyes zoomed in on the pressed lips, and then she out, caressed in Baekhyun's lap.
        "ANA!!!" EXO shouted, dropping to the ground beside her. Kai and Vera broke their kiss, shocked by the outburst of voices. They observed the setting, and their pupils stilled. Baekhyun's lips were on Ana's.
-

        Kai's knees buckled, and he fell right into Vera's arms that he knew should've been Ana's. He knew he couldn't bear to lose his manly pride so he took in Vera. But it was a mistake. A huge, huge mistake. The girl he loved was kissing his friend. His companion. His brother! Baekhyun knew how much he loved Ana and yet he chose to take her instead. However, Jongin misunderstood. Baek wasn't kissing Ana, he was saving her.
        Fragile hearted Ana was unconscious. Pale and ghostly. Weak and prone. Kai's protection for Ana gone without a trace. Baekhyun had to take Kai's place, whether he liked it or not. It was Jongin's fault that Ana was sick, that she was out cold before them all. And all for what? Kai's pride. That was it. Kai's stupid pride! He didn't apologize, he didn't reason with her, lastly he didn't even speak to her! Pride was vicious, and Kai started to see why.
-
        Sehun held onto Ana's cold hand, poking her white knuckles while she slept. He flinched when he took her other hand, also warmth less. The maknae scooted in his chair, itching for Ana to wake up. He reached for the doctor's clipboard again, the third time that hour.

Patient: Ana Jang
Age: 18
Gender: M[ ]/F[X]
Condition: Blood sugar dangerously low, lead to fatigue, result of malnutrition.
Medication: [0]
Discharge: Two days
Additional notes: Lots of bed rest! MUST eat regularly. No stress.

        Sehun frowned at the last word, reason obvious that Kai had caused her to collapse. Ana had been out cold for two days now, and should've already been woken up. She wasn't. She couldn't. She could simply only hear...
-
Ana's POV (Point of view, or "senses"):

        Cold. Freezing cold. I shuddered, only now aware that someone was holding my hand. Leaning on my forearm. The light weight sleepily mumbled "Luhan," and I smiled, Sehun. He snored quietly until his breathing faded, overpowered by sudden yelling.
        "YOU KISSED HER BAEKHYUN." He shouted, it was Kai, anger cracking his voice.
        "I WAS SAVING HER AS*HOLE. UNLIKE YOU WHO WAS LOCKING LIPS WITH THAT SL*T!!!" Baek argued back, raising his voice. I shivered, and felt Sehun stir from his sleep.
        "Hyung?" Maknae mumbled, the image of him rubbing his eyes expected. Kai and Baek ignored the youngest, still screaming their guts out.
        "SHE LEFT ME BAEKHYUN. I DIDN'T. I WAITED. AND SHE DIDN'T COME BACK." Kai snarled, the reason why (she left) right under his nose.
        "She was hurt. Even if she turned her back on you over and over, if you really loved her, you would've kept coming back for her. But you didn't. You replaced her."

 

 

Wow do I pester you guys for comments, mianhe :(