CHAPTER EIGHT.

Bad Boy

 

= THREE YEARS LATER =
 
Haeyoung’s POV
 
I finally arrived in Korea.  It’s been three years and I’ve finally returned.  I kept in touch with only my family and Ri In.  Chaewon unnie and Joongki oppa are picking me up from the airport.  I was getting my bag when I heard someone calling me.  
 
“Umma! Auntie Bommie keeps on making fun of me.” Jihae whined.
 
Yes. My daughter.  After I left to go on vacation, I found out that I was pregnant with Jiyong’s kid.  My family and Ri In knew about it but they promised not to say anything.  That’s why I decided to stay away from Korea for a while.  I’ve been living in LA.  Park Bom was my other best friend.  We met in LA and she took me in when I had nowhere to live.  She took really good care of me and Jihae.  I was thankful for her.  I spent three years in LA with my daughter and Bommie.  My parents thought it was time for me to go back home and I agreed.  Bommie wanted to come visit Korea with me so that’s why she’s here.
 
“What did Bommie say now?” I laughed at my cute daughter.
 
“Auntie Bommie keeps calling me short! I’m not short mommy!” She pouted at me.
 
“You’re not short! You’re just small!” I .
 
“Not you too mommy!”
 
“It’s good to be small! Boys loves small girls!” Bommie told her.
 
“Ew I don’t want boys to love me. They have germs.” She told us.
 
“You won’t think that in ten years.” Bom told her.
 
“The only people that I love are you and my mommy.” She grinned at us.
 
“Why aren’t you a cutie?” Bommie picked her up and hugged her.
 
“Mommy join in on our hug too!” She told me.
 
“Alright.” I laughed and joined in on their group hug.
 
After our group hug, we headed towards the entrance.  I looked around and saw Chaewon unnie and Joongki oppa.
 
“Unnie!” I ran to her and gave her a big hug.
 
“You’re back! I missed you so much!!!” Chaewon unnie hugged me back.
 
“Welcome back Haeyoung!” Joongki oppa said and I broke the hug and went over to hug him.
 
“Thanks oppa! I missed you too.” I told him and broke the hug.
 
“Where’s my niece?!” Unnie asked.
 
“Umma who’s that?” I heard Jihae asking.  The three of us turned to Jihae and Bommie.
 
“Honey this is your aunt.  You can call her auntie Chaewonnie.” I told her.
 
“I like your name auntie Chaewonnie.  And you’re really pretty!” Jihae smiled at her.
 
“You are so cute!  You are definitely my niece.” Chaewon unnie picked her up and hugged her.
 
“Auntie Chaewonnie who’s this handsome person?” She asked which caused all of us to laugh.
 
“This handsome person is my boyfriend.  You can call him uncle Joongki.” 
 
“Uncle Joongki?  I like it too!” Jihae smiled at him and Joongki took her from unnie.
 
“Hello! What’s your name pretty lady?”
 
“My name is Jihae!” She grinned at him.
 
“That is such a pretty name!” Joongki oppa told her.
 
“Umma said I’m named after umma and appa’s name combined together!” She told him.
 
Jihae thinks that her dad’s dead.  We all decided that this was the best for Jihae.  I didn’t want to tell her about Jiyong.  I don’t even know how he’s doing or what he’s up to.  I told my family to not tell me anything about him.  He’s probably married to Dara by now and living his life with her.
 
“Unnie and oppa.  This is Park Bom.  She’s been a big help to me during my stay in LA.” I told them.
 
Chaewon unnie went over to Bommie and pulled her into a hug.
 
“Thank you so much for taking care of my baby sister when she was in LA.  It means a lot to me and my family.  If you need anything don’t hesitate to ask us!” Unnie told her.
 
“It’s not a problem.  Haeyoung’s like a sister to me.” Bommie said.
 
“Let’s get you back home.” Joongki oppa said and we all headed towards his car.
 
“You’re going to love your apartment! There’s three rooms!  I decorated and arranged everything!” Unnie told me.
 
“She did. She wouldn’t let anyone help her.” Joongki oppa added in.
 
“Thanks a lot unnie.” I told her.
 
“Thanks for letting me stay with you guys.” Bommie said.
 
“Nonsense! You let me stay with you in LA.  Now it’s my turn.” I told her.
 
“Yay! The three of us are going to live together again!” Jihae added in. “Auntie Chaewonnie and uncle Joongki should live with us too!”
 
“We will visit you often Jihae!  I’ll bring you toys next time.” Oppa told her.
 
“Really???” She asked him excitedly.
 
“Really. I promise.” He told her.
 
“I like uncle Joongki the best!” Jihae grinned.
 
“You only like him because he’s giving you a present.” Bommie .
 
“And I like you the least!” Jihae pouted at her which caused all of us to laugh.
 
At this point of my life, I’m very happy.  Jihae is  a big reason why I’m so happy and content with my life.  I can’t see my life without her anymore.  I’m glad I have a great family and great friends.  Because of them, I’m able to move on with my life.
 
Jiyong’s POV
 
It’s been three years now.  I’m still a lawyer and I’m still working at the same law firm.  Youngbae still works with me.  Everything has been the same except for the fact I’m no longer with Dara.  I just couldn’t marry her.  I realized that I was in love with Haeyoung.  I didn’t want to be with anyone else but her.  I was planning on marrying Dara but on the day of the wedding when she was walking down the aisle… I realized that something wasn’t right.  I wanted it to be Haeyoung walking down the aisle.  Not Dara.  I finally see me starting a brand new chapter with Haeyoung.  I was just too stupid to not realize it back then.  I’ve been waiting for Haeyoung ever since.  A part of me hopes that one day she’ll return to me.
 
Youngbae and I were currently in a meeting with a client discussing the contract.  After we were done, we decided to head out for lunch with one of our other coworker, Jung Yunho.
 
“Did you hear how we’re getting a new secretary.” Yunho told us.
 
“Really? What happened to our old one?” Youngbae asked.
 
“She quit because she’s pregnant.” Yunho told us.
 
“Ah I see. I hope the new one is pretty.” Youngbae said.
 
“Same here. I want some eye candy in our firm!” Yunho added.
 
We arrived at the restaurant and I was about to enter when I heard someone crying.  I looked over to see a girl crying.  I walked over to her.
 
“What’s wrong?” I asked her.
 
“I lost my mommy. I don’t know where she is.” She cried.
 
“Calm down.  I’ll help you find your mommy.” I told her. “Follow me.”
 
“But umma told me not to follow strangers.” She told me which caused me to laugh.
 
She’s really cute.  She looked really familiar though.
 
“Well I’m not going to do anything. I’ll help you find your mom.” I told her.
 
“JIHAE?!” I heard someone screaming a name.
 
I turned around and saw someone running towards the girl.
 
“There you are! Didn’t I tell you stay where you were?!” She told her.
 
“I’m sorry auntie Bommie.” She told her.
 
“It’s okay. Your mom is going to kill me if she knew I lost you.” She said and grabbed the little girl’s hand.  They were about to walk away when the little girl stopped and turned to me.
 
“Thank you mister.” She smiled at me and waved at me.
 
I just waved back and smiled at her.  She was cute.
 
I entered the restaurant and walked over to the guys.
 
“Where’d you go?” Youngbae asked me.
 
“Some girl was lost so I tried to find her mom for her.” 
 
“Ah. Did you find her mom?”
 
“I found her aunt.” I told him.
 
The rest of the day went by.  And the cycle starts all over again.  Wake up, go to work, eat, go home, sleep, and it starts all over.  That was the typical life of Kwon Jiyong now.  I felt empty without Haeyoung.
 
I arrived at the firm and saw that our new secretary was already there.  She looked really familiar.  Where have I seen her before?  
 
“Hi. You must be the new secretary.” I said to her which caused her to look up at me.
 
“De. I’m Park Bom. Nice to meet you.” She smiled at me. “Oh it’s you!”
 
“Have we’ve met?” I asked her.
 
“You were with my niece yesterday!” She said.
 
“Oh. No wonder why you look familiar! I’m Kwon Jiyong.” I told her.
 
“Nice to meet you. Jihae kept on talking about how you were a nice stranger.” She told me.
 
“Really? She was cute.” I told her.
 
“Yeah. She’s a cutie.” 
 
“Well one of our coworker will train you.  He’ll be here soon.” I told her.
 
“De.” She smiled at me.
 
What a small world this place is.  I can’t believe she’s our new secretary.  Youngbae and Yunho both thought Park Bom was pretty.  They both called dibs on her but in the end Yunho won since he was training her.  Yunho was protective of her and glaring at the other coworkers who were eyeing her.  Way to make it obvious Yunho.  The rest of the day went by quickly and Yunho made me take Bom home.  He didn’t want her to take the bus and he couldn’t since he had to meet up with clients.  I was driving Bom home and we finally arrived at her apartment.
 
“You should come up. Jihae would like to see you again and Jihae’s mom would like to thank you for finding Jihae.” She told me.
 
“I don’t want to intrude.” I told her.
 
“It’s okay. They don’t mind. Let’s go.” She told me.
 
I guess I should go see them.  I don’t know why but I wanted to see Jihae again.  There was just something about her that made me want to see her.  I don’t know how to explain it.  We were walking towards her place.  Bom opened the door.
 
“I’m home!” She yelled and I heard footsteps running towards our direction.
 
“Auntie Bommie you’re back! I was so bored without you! Umma didn’t want to do anything since she was so busy cleaning!” Jihae ran into her arms.
 
“Hello to you too kiddo.” Bom laughed at her.
 
“Oh. It’s you mister! What are you doing here?” Jihae asked excitedly.
 
“Your aunt told me you wanted to see me again.” I smiled at her.
 
“Are you here to play with me?!” She asked and put her hand out to me so I can carry her.
 
“Yes.” I told her.
 
“I’m Jihae. Moon Jihae.” She smiled at me.
 
“I’m Jiyong. Kwon Jiyong.” I told her.
 
“We both have the same first names!” She told me excitedly. “I’m going to call you uncle Jiyongie!”
 
“Alright. You can call me that.” I laughed at her.
 
“Jihae. What are you doing?” I heard someone calling her and I put her down.  It must be her mom.
 
“Mommy. It’s the mister from yesterday.” Jihae said while pulling me into the kitchen.
 
“Who is-” Her mom said and stopped when she saw me.
 
Jihae’s mom is the person I’ve been waiting for these past three years.  In front of me was Moon Haeyoung.  And she was still pretty as ever.