CHAPTER TWELVE.

Bad Boy

 

Haeyoung’s POV
 
I saw Jiyong and Jihae hugging but something about this hug was different.  I realized that Jihae and Jiyong know the truth now.
 
“I hate you mommy! You lied to me! You said appa was dead!” Jihae yelled at me.
 
“Jihae. Let’s talk.” I told her.
 
“NO. I hate you!” She yelled.
 
“Jihae. Don’t say that to your mom. Go with your aunt Bom. I need to talk with your umma.” Jiyong told her and she just nodded her head and walked away with Bom.
 
I just stood there and didn’t say anything.  I didn’t know what to say.  Is he going to yell at me for keeping this secret away from him?  Or is he going to take Jihae away from me?  He can’t do that!!
 
“Are you really not going to say anything?” He finally spoke up which made me look up at him.
 
“What is there to talk about?” I asked him quietly.
 
“The fact that you didn’t tell me I had a daughter!” He raised his voice.
 
“I thought you were getting married.  I didn’t want to ruin your wedding because of our mistake.” I told him.
 
“If you hadn’t run away then we could’ve talked!  But you left without telling anyone!”
 
“Well what do you expect me to do?  I overheard you telling Youngbae that you only approached me was because of a bet.  That hurt me!  And I was tired of getting hurt.  I was tired of you always making me cry!  I didn’t want to be around you anymore.  I decided to go on a vacation and come back and move on with my life.  During my vacation, I found out I was pregnant and decided to leave Korea for a while.  I couldn’t tell you that I was having your child.  I didn’t want to ruin your life because you were in love with Dara.” I explained.
 
“Well you should’ve stayed.” He said.
 
“And do what?  Your ex ruined my career.  I didn’t want to be anywhere near you guys.  The thought of seeing you made me sick.  There was nothing for you to explain.” I told him.
 
“I WOULD’VE PICKED YOU!” He shouted.
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“I would’ve picked you back then.  I was waiting for you to come back to tell you that I was in love with you.  That I wanted to be with you.” He told me while walking closer to me.
 
“What’s done is done.” I told him.
 
“We can start all over.  We can start a new life with our daughter.” He told me.
 
“I-I don’t know.” I told him.
 
“I’m not letting you go anymore Haeyoung. I want to be with you but I won’t pressure you.  Until you’re ready… I’ll wait for you.  It won’t make a difference since I’ve been waiting for three years now.  I know I was an idiot and a back then.  I want to make it up to you.  Just give me a chance.  I promise I won’t ever hurt you.  I want to be a good lover to you and a good father to our daughter.  But like I said, I’ll wait for you until you’re ready.” He told me while caressing my cheeks.
 
“J-just give me some time.  This is all too much for me to handle.  You can see Jihae though.  She’s still your daughter.” I told him.
 
“Thank you.” He smiled at me.  “I’ll take you guys home.”
 
“It’s okay. We can take the bus home.”
 
“I don’t feel comfortable with the thought of my daughter and you taking the bus.  Let me take you home.” He told me again.
 
“Alright. Let’s go.” I told him and we walked towards Bom and Jihae.
 
“Jihae.” I called out to her.
 
She didn’t say anything and just glared at me.
 
“JIhae don’t be like that to your umma.” Jiyong told her.
 
“But she lied!”
 
“I know but she did it for a good reason. Don’t be like that to your umma.  She loves you very much.” Jiyong told her.
 
“I’m sorry umma.” Jihae told me.
 
“It’s okay. I’m sorry for lying to you.” I smiled at her. “Let’s go home.”
 
“De. Can appa come with us?” She asked me.
 
“I actually have a lot of work to do.  Maybe another time okay?” Jiyong told her.
 
“De.” She said sadly.
 
“Don’t be like that. I’m not going anywhere. I promise you.” Jiyong picked her up and hugged her.
 
“You promised okay?” Jihae hugged him back.
 
The sight in front of me made me weak in the knees.  My heart had this really warm feeling inside of me.
 
“Let’s go umma.” Jihae held my hand.
 
“Your appa is taking us home.” I told her.
 
Jiyong took us home and the whole car ride Jihae and Jiyong kept on talking to one another.  Bommie and I were just quiet.  I admit… it was cute seeing Jihae interact with her dad.  We arrived at my apartment and Jihae didn’t want to let Jiyong go.  She kept on insisting for him to bring his work here but he said he couldn’t.  I looked at him thankfully and he just gave me a smile.  Bommie brought Jihae up first.
 
“Thank you for the ride and thank you for everything.” I told him. “Drive home safely.”
 
“No problem.  Good night.” He told me and I turned around and walked towards the apartment. “Wait.”
 
“Yeah?” I said and turned around to him.
 
“N-nothing.” He said. “Good night and sweet dreams.”
 
“Sweet dreams.” I smiled at him and started walking again but this time I felt someone pulling me back.
 
“I know I said I would wait but I’ve been waiting too long to do this.“ He said and then pulled my face to his.
 
He kissed me!  I felt my knees going weak and my heart beating fast!  He pulled me closer to deepen the kiss and I kissed him back.  After a few minutes, he broke the kiss.  He had a big grin on his face.  I was speechless!
 
“J-just because I kissed you back doesn’t mean I give you a second c-chance.” I stuttered.
 
“I know.” He grinned at me. “Good night Haeyoung ah.”
 
After that he left to his car and drove off.  What just happened???  Stupid heart… why are you still beating so fast?!  I entered my apartment and didn’t realized Bommie was in my room.
 
“Yah. What’s wrong Haeyoung?  Why do you look so surprised?”
 
“N-nothing.” I stuttered.
 
“Don’t lie!  Something happened between you and Jiyong right?  Did you guys kiss?” She teased me.
 
“N-no! W-why would we k-k-iss?” I stuttered again.
 
“Oh my god. You guys kissed! Are you guys back?” She laughed.
 
“We aren’t!”
 
“Why not?”
 
“It’s complicated.” I told her.
 
“But do you have feelings for him?”
 
“I don’t know. My heart is still beating like crazy.  But I don’t know if I want to open up to him again after everything.” I told her.
 
“All you can do now is follow your heart Haeyoung ah. It’ll pick the right choice for you.” Bommie told me before leaving my room.
 
Follow my heart?  
 
I decided to shake it off and headed towards Jihae.  I sat down next to her.
 
“Can we talk?” I asked her.
 
“De.” she said.
 
“I’m sorry that I lied to you Jihae.” I told her.
 
“It’s okay umma. Appa said it was for a good reason.” She smiled at me.
 
“I love you, you know that? You’re a very good girl and I’m glad your umma’s daughter.” I smiled back at her.
 
“I love you too umma. Does this mean I get to see appa a lot now?” She asked me.
 
“Yeah. You can see him whenever you want. As long as he’s not busy.” I told her.
 
“Does this mean he’s living with us?” She asked me.
 
“What?”
 
“Since I have an appa now. Does this mean he’s living with us?”
 
“I don’t think so honey.”
 
“Why not?  Isn’t it normal for all of us to live together?”
 
“It’s complicated honey. You’re too young to understand. But you get to see him.” I told her.
 
“Alright.” She sighed.
 
“Do you love appa, umma?” She asked me.
 
How am I going to answer this?
 
“Let’s go to bed honey. It’s late.” I changed the subject.
 
“Alright.” She said.
 
I couldn’t sleep that night though.  I thought about what Bommie said.  Maybe she was right.  And why couldn’t I answer Jihae’s question.  I could’ve flat out said no I don’t love Jiyong.  But I didn’t want to.  What the hell is wrong with me?  I got out of bed and decided to go walk around.  I needed some fresh air.  I sent Bommie a text telling her I was going out for a bit.  I walked around the park.  I was sitting on the swings for a while.
 
Do I really want to get back with Jiyong? 
 
Am I ready to forgive him?
 
Am I ready to open my heart again?
 
I decided to listen to what Bommie told me to do. 
 
Follow my heart.
 
Jiyong’s POV
 
I couldn’t stop smiling after what happened.  She kissed me back!  That means I have a chance with her.  I couldn’t stop replaying the kiss in my head.  It felt great kissing her again.  I decided to call Youngbae out for a drink.  
 
“What’s up?  Why are you calling me up for a drink?” Youngbae asked me.
 
“Nothing. I just felt like drinking.” I told him while smiling.
 
“Why are you so happy?  Did something happen with you and Haeyoung?”
 
“Why would you assume it’s Haeyoung?” I asked him.
 
“Because only Haeyoung is capable of bringing out that feeling from you.”
 
“You .”
 
“So it does have to do with Haeyoung?”
 
“Yeah. We kissed today.”
 
“You kissed? So you guys are back?”
 
“No.  But I know she’ll give me a chance.  Plus she said I could see our daughter.  She wouldn’t keep Jihae from me.” I told him.
 
“So you finally found out?”
 
“You knew?”
 
“I figured it out and she made me promise not to tell you.  She wanted to tell you herself.” He told me.
 
“Jihae told me.” I told him.
 
“How?”
 
“She overheard Haeyoung talking and she told me.” I laughed. “My daughter’s on my side.”
 
“How does it feel to have a daughter?”
 
“It’s a weird feeling but I like it.  Just the thought of having a daughter with Haeyoung makes me feel warm.” I smiled at him.
 
“You’re turning soft.” Youngbae teased me.
 
“As long as it’s for Haeyoung and Jihae then I don’t care.”
 
“Good luck with things Ji.  I’m glad that you guys are both finding happiness.” He told me.
 
“Thanks.” I told.
 
I spent another hour drinking with him before heading home.  I still couldn’t get the kiss out of my head.  I want to kiss her again.  I want to have her in my arms.  I was walking towards my apartment when I saw someone sitting in front of my door.  It looked like Haeyoung but I wasn’t sure since her face was on her knees.  I walked over and bent down.  It was Haeyoung!  She looked at me.  I was confused.  What is she doing here?  Did something happen to Jihae?
 
“What are you doing here?  Is something wrong with Jihae?” I asked her.
 
“Ani.  But something is wrong.” She told me quietly.
 
“What is it?  Are you hurt?” I asked her.
 
“I can’t stop thinking about our kiss.” She told me and I looked at her. “I can’t stop thinking about it.  I don’t know why but I want to kiss you again.  I missed you that’s why I came here to see you.  I can’t stop thinking about you.  Even though you hurt me, I still keep on going back to you.  I must really love you a lot to want to kiss you again.  Bommie told me to let my heart choose since it will lead me to the right decision.  So I listened to my heart and it led me here.”
 
Is she saying what I think she’s saying?
 
“So what did your heart decide for you?”  I asked her.
 
“I love you.” She said.
 
I smiled at her and pulled her face towards mine and kissed her.
 
“I love you too.” I broke the kiss and smiled at her. “I promise that I’ll take care of you and Jihae.  I won’t hurt you Haeyoung ah.”
 
“You better not anymore. No more chances after this.” She pouted at me and I kissed her again.
 
“Let’s go inside my apartment.” I told her and pulled her up with me.
 
“I should get back now.” She told me.
 
“Spend the night with me.” I told her.
 
“I can’t leave Jihae alone.”
 
“Bommie will take care of her. Spend the night with me.  We have a lot of catching up to do.” I pulled her into my arms.
 
“I guess.” She sighed and hugged me back.
 
I opened the door and let her walk in first.
 
“Do you want anything to drink?” I asked her.
 
“I’m fine.” She told me and I grabbed her hand and led her to my living room. 
 
“So what now?” I asked her.
 
“We can watch TV?” She answered which caused me to laugh.
 
“No I meant what do we do now?”
 
“I don’t know.  You’re the guy! You’re suppose to lead.” She told me.
 
“You’re cute.  Alright. If I’m leading then I say we’re together now.  I know this is fast but let’s move in together so we can raise our daughter together.  I missed out on three years of her life and I don’t want to miss anymore days.” I told her.
 
“But what about Bom? I can’t just leave her.  She’s been supporting me when I lived over in LA.  She took care of me and treated me as a family.” She told me.
 
“Well she can move in with us too. I’ll find a place that’s big enough for the four of us.” I told her.
 
“You’d really do that?”
 
“I’d do anything for you and Jihae.  Plus, I want to thank her for taking care of you and my daughter for the past three years.” I grinned at her. “So are you saying you want to move in with me?”
 
“Yes. Let me talk to Bommie first but I want to move in with you.” She smiled at me and I leaned in the give her a kiss.
 
“You reek of alcohol!” She pouted.
 
“I’ll go wash up then.  Watch TV.” I told her.
 
“Okay.” She smiled at me and I headed to the bathroom to wash up.
 
I couldn’t stop smiling.  I can’t believe Haeyoung is giving me another chance!  I won’t screw it up this time around.  I can’t believe she wants to move in with me!  I can’t wait to start my life with her and our daughter.  After thirty minutes of washing up, I headed to the living room and saw that Haeyoung was sleeping.  I picked her up in my arms and took her to my bed.  After I put the covers on her, I headed towards the living room.  I didn’t want to sleep on the same bed with her without her permission.  I felt her holding onto my arm.
 
“Where are you going? Sleep next to me.” She told me softly.
 
“Okay.” I replied and got into bed with her.
 
I pulled her into my arms and she snuggled into my chest.  I felt really happy at the moment.  I have the woman that I love most in my arms.  I have this woman all to myself and no one will be able to break us up.  I won’t ever let you go Haeyoung.  You are stuck with me.
 
Haeyoung’s POV
 
I woke up and realized that I slept in Jiyong’s arms last night.  I couldn’t help but smile.  So this is what it feels like to be truly happy.  This is what it feels like to be completely in love.  And this is what it feels like to have someone completely in love with you too.  I can’t believe Jiyong’s in love with me.  This is what I’ve wanted all along.  Please don’t hurt me anymore Jiyong. I’m trusting you from now on.  I got off of the bed quietly since I didn’t want to wake him up.  I opened his fridge and saw that he didn’t have much food.  I remembered that he doesn’t know how to cook.  I decided to make him kimchi fried rice since he had the ingredients to make it.  I was in the middle of frying it when I felt arms wrap around my waist.
 
“It smells good. What are you making?” Jiyong asked me while kissing my neck.
 
“Kimchi fried rice.” I told him and giggled. “Jiyong ah. It tickles.”
 
“Sorry.” He told me and gave me a kiss on my cheek.
 
“Go wash up.  Food will be done soon.” I told him.
 
“Alright.” He said and went to go wash up.
 
The food was finally done and I was setting the table up and saw Jiyong walking towards me.
 
“You should’ve asked me to help you.” He smiled at me.
 
“It’s okay. Sit down and eat.” I told him and he nodded.
 
He took a bite of the kimchi fried rice.  I was waiting to see his reaction.
 
“How is it?” I asked him.
 
“It’s really good!  This is my first time having a home cooked meal like this!” He grinned at me.
 
“Why don’t you hire someone to cook for you or ask your mom?  Or go take cooking lessons.” I told him.
 
“I don’t want to bother my mom and no one cooks as well as you or my mom.  I can’t wait to eat your food from now on.” He told me.
 
“Well I can’t wait to feed you.” I told him.
 
“You should eat up too.” 
 
“Alright.” I told him.
 
“I’ll take you to work.” He told me.
 
“It’s okay. You don’t have to.”
 
“But I want to.  I’ll take you back to your place to change.”
 
“Thank you.”
 
After we were done eating, Jiyong took me back to my place.
 
“Do you want to come up? Jihae will be excited to see you.” I told him.
 
“Alright. But should we tell her that we’re back together?”
 
“Up to you.” She smiled at me and we walked up to my apartment hand in hand.
 
I let go of his hand so I can open the door.  When I opened the door I heard yelling coming from inside.
 
“Jihae! Where did you put my stocking?” Bommie yelled out.
 
“I didn’t touch it auntie Bommie! I promise!” Jihae yelled back and both Jiyong and I were laughing.
 
We walked into the living room and saw Bommie running around looking for her stocking while Jihae was watching TV.  Jihae saw the both of us and got up from her seat and ran up to us.
 
“Where’d you go umma?! Why is appa with you?” She asked me.
 
“I was with your appa last night.” I smiled at her.
 
“Why were you with appa?”
 
“Well your umma and I talked things out and we made a decision.” Jiyong told her.
 
“What decision?”
 
“The four of us are going to move in together.” Jiyong explained.
 
“The four of us?” Bommie came over to us and picked up Jihae.
 
“I’d like it if you moved in with Haeyoung and I.” Jiyong told her.
 
“Really? Why?”
 
“I’m thankful that you’ve helped Haeyoung and Jihae all this time.  I want to repay you for what you’ve done.  Plus, Haeyoung and Jihae love you.” He grinned at her.
 
“I guess I can live with you guys but keep the mushiness level down please.” She teased us.
 
“Jihae ah. The answer to your question last night is yes I love your dad.” I smiled at her.
 
“Yay!  I knew you love him!  I knew it!!  We’re all going to live together!!!  And I get to live with appa!” Jihae yelled out excitedly which caused us all to laugh.
 
Thank you God.  I am truly happy now.