CHAPTER TEN.

Bad Boy

 

She’s getting married?  I thought she’s married to Jiyong? Are they getting married again? I’m confused.
 
“Miss Park. Please have a seat.” He told her and she sat down.
 
“You look familiar and you too.” She told the both of us.
 
She’s still mean as ever.
 
“I get that a lot.” Jaewon told her.
 
“I know you! You’re my ex-fiancé’s hoobae.  You were suppose to take pictures for our wedding but it was cancelled.” She said.
 
“I forgot! You’re Jiyong hyung ’s ex! I remember now!” Jaewon told her.
 
Wait ex?  They didn’t get married?
 
“Is that still alive?” Dara asked him.
 
“If you’re talking about hyung then yes.”
 
“You look familiar too.” She looked at me.  
 
She studied me from head to toes and then her eyes widened.
 
“You’re the that broke up my wedding.” She told me. “It’s you right Moon Haeyoung?”
 
“De.” I answered.
 
“What a small world?  I can’t believe you work here now.  You don’t deserve to be working here.  You’ll only taint this company’s reputation.”
 
“Why are you doing this to noona? She didn’t even do anything to you!” Jaewon cutted in.
 
“You stay out of it.  You don’t know anything about this .  She broke up my wedding.  It’s because of her that Jiyong called off the wedding.”
 
Jiyong called the wedding off?  What’s going on here?  And why is it my fault?
 
“Just because hyung called off the wedding doesn’t make it noona’s fault!” 
 
“She’s the reason why he called it off!”
 
“That’s not her fault! Hyung had a change in heart so you can’t blame noona!”
 
“You better fire her.  I don’t want to work with her.  If you don’t fire her then I won’t be your client anymore and I’ll tell the whole world how your company .  Did you forget what I did to you Haeyoung?” She smirked at me.
 
I remember clearly what she did to Ri In’s and my company.  I couldn’t let her do that again to someone else’s company.  Jaewon and everything will go out of business and I can’t do that to them.  They’ve been nothing but nice to me.
 
“I’ll quit.” I said which shocked Jaewon.
 
“Noona you can’t quit! I don’t care what you do Dara-ssi but I won’t fire Haeyoung.”
 
“It’s fine Jaewon. I’ll quit.” I smiled at him and packed my bags and left.
 
Jaewon ran after me but I insisted that I’ll be fine and that I couldn’t risk his company because of me.  I told him to just go back and do what she says.  I decided to go to the park.  I didn’t want to pick up Jihae yet.  There were so many questions running through my head.  What is going on?  Why didn’t Jiyong marry Dara?  And what did Dara mean by Jiyong broke called off the wedding because of me?  I decided to go to the one person who would know the truth.
 
I was waiting in the coffee shop for him to arrive.  I don’t know why but I was nervous.  I wanted to know the truth.  What happened these past three years?  Why did my family lie and tell me Jiyong got married?  
 
“It’s been a while Haeyoung ah.  How have you’ve been?” Youngbae sat in front of me.
 
“I’ve been doing well. I’m sorry if I just left like that.” I told him.
 
“Why did you?” He asked.
 
“I’ll explain later but I need to ask you something first.  It’s important.” I told him.
 
“What is it?  It must be important since you wanted to meet.” He told me.
 
“I saw Dara today.” I told him and his eyes widened.
 
“What happened?”
 
“She called me a and said I was the reason Jiyong called off the wedding.  Is this true Youngbae?” I asked him.
 
He just stared at me and didn’t say anything.
 
“Haeyoung ah.” He said.
 
“Is it?”
 
“It is.” He told me.
 
“Why?!” I raised my voice.  “Why did he call off his wedding because of me?!  Why is it always because of me?!”
 
“Because he’s in love with you Haeyoung.  He realized that it’s always been you.  It took him that long to figure out that he loves you.” Youngbae told me.
 
“This isn’t fair.” I mumbled.
 
“What?”
 
“Nothing. So you’re saying he loves me now?”
 
“Yeah. He’s been waiting for you to come back.  He hasn’t been dating or anything.  He’s been in love with you these past few years.  These three years all he thought about was you.  Even until today it’s you.” He told me.
 
“Why now?”
 
“I told you.  It’s always been you but he just realized it too late.  If he realized it sooner then you guys wouldn’t have to go through all this.  His feelings for you are genuine Haeyoung ah.  Just think about him and give him a chance.” He told me.
 
“What about the bet?” I asked him.
 
“Y-you knew?”
 
“I overheard you guys talking about it three years ago.  How he only approached me because of a bet.”
 
“It did start out as a bet.  But trust me on this, he was attracted to you since the first time he saw you.  Seungri wanted to go ask you but Jiyong wanted to do it.  Even though he acted like it was a bet, he really did are for you.  If he didn’t have feelings for you then he would’ve ended things after he got you in bed.  But he didn’t.  He still stayed with you.  I’ll say this again… he’s been in love with you but he’s just an idiot.  Give the idiot a chance Haeyoung.  He’s been waiting. I know he hurt you but he wants to make up for it.”
 
“I-I don’t know.  Things are different now.” I told him.
 
“Because you have a daughter.  Jiyong doesn’t care.  As long as he gets to be with you then nothing else matters.”
 
“You say like it’s easy.  This whole situation is screwed up.”
 
“Why is that?”
 
“Nothing.” I told him.
 
“Just think about it.  Jiyong really does love you now.  He will take good care of you and your daughter.” He told me.
 
“I don’t know.” I told him. “I’m just confused.  He can’t just come back into my life and act like nothing’s wrong.  Everything’s different.  Things aren’t going to be the same anymore.”
 
“And I’ll tell you this again… Jiyong doesn’t care if you have a daughter.  He’ll treat your daughter as if it’s his.” He told me.
 
Oh the irony.
 
“Unless your daughter is his.” He said which caused me to look at him shocked.
 
“W-what do you mean?”
 
“Your daughter’s three right?  That was about the same time when you and Jiyong accidentally slept together.  Plus, her name is Jihae.  She told Jiyong that her name was named after her parents name if you added them together.  And besides, I saw a picture of Jihae.  She looked like Ji when he was a kid.  Is she Jiyong’s daughter?” He asked me.
 
“Don’t tell him right now. Let me sort everything out.  Please don’t say anything!” I begged him.
 
“Is that why you left Korea?”
 
“Ani.  I left Korea to go on a vacation because I didn’t want to see Jiyong anymore.  It was after I over heard your convo with Jiyong at the club.  During my vacation, I found out I was pregnant so I didn’t want to go back to Korea.  I wanted to start a new life so that’s why I left.” I told him.
 
“Ji has the rights to know that Jihae is his kid.”
 
“I know but just give me some time Youngbae. I promise to tell him when the time is right.”
 
“Wow. I can’t believe you guys have a kid together.  This is a reason why you should give Ji a second chance.”
 
“I don’t know right now. I don’t think I can trust him.”
 
“He’s not the same guy anymore Haeyoung.  Just give him a chance and you’ll see.” He told me.
 
“I’ll think about it. I should head home now.  My daughter’s waiting.” I told him and left.
 
I can’t believe Youngbae found out about Jihae.  I can’t believe Jiyong loves me.  I don’t even know what to believe anymore.  I feel like I’m in some kind of weird dream.  What am I going to do now?
 
Jiyong’s POV
 
I was in my office when my door opened.  I looked up and saw Jaewon entering.  He looked mad.
 
“What’s wrong?”
 
“Hyung.  I didn’t realize that Dara was your ex.  She’s one of my clients and wanted my company to take her wedding photos.  She recognized Haeyoung and started yelling at her and cursing at her.  She even called her a and told her that she was the reason why you called the wedding off.” He told me.
 
“What?!” I stood up from my seat.
 
“She told me to fire her or else she’ll put my company out of business and Haeyoung quit because she didn’t want to put the company at risk.  What do I do now hyung?”
 
“Where’s Haeyoung?”
 
“She left. She said that she’ll be fine.”
 
I got my stuff and ran to my car.  What the hell is Dara’s problem?  She’s getting married already so why is she still giving Haeyoung a hard time.  I drove my car to where Dara worked and entered her office.
 
“What are you doing here?” She asked me.
 
“What the hell are you up to?” I asked her coldly.
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“Why the hell does Haeyoung have to quit?! She didn’t do anything wrong! I was the one who called off the ing wedding!  Why are you still holding a grudge against her!? You’re getting married soon so drop that ing grudge!! You already put her company out of business!  Are you trying to ruin her again! You better stop what you’re doing or else.  You better not lay a ing finger on her.  You hurt her and see what I’m capable of doing.  You got that?” I warned her.
 
“I-I just wanted to scare her.  And seeing her made me mad because I was humiliated on my wedding day because of her.  If you hadn’t called off our wedding in front of everyone then I would’ve been fine.  But you did it while I was walking down the aisle.” She told me.
 
“And I apologized to you.  It was something I should’ve done before the actual wedding day.”
 
“I know but you still humiliated me.  I was mad that you broke it off because of her.  You told me that you didn’t love her and that you didn’t know her.”
 
“I don’t have to talk to you about her.  I’m just here to give you a warning.  You better back off or else.  Haeyoung gets to go back to work and if you don’t like it then find someone else to take your pictures.” I warned her one last time before leaving her office.
 
I walked to my car and my phone beeped.  Dara sent me a text.
 
I’VE NEVER SEEN YOU LIKE THAT BEFORE.  I’VE NEVER SEEN YOU THAT COLD OR THAT MAD BEFORE.  HAEYOUNG MUST REALLY MEAN A LOT TO YOU.  FINE. I’LL BACK OFF AND I WON’T GIVE HER A HARD TIME.  BUT THAT DOESN’T MEAN I HAVE TO LIKE HER.
 
That sounds like Dara.  Now I need to find Haeyoung.  I got in my car and my phone was ringing.  It was Youngbae.
 
“I can’t talk right now. I have to find Haeyoung.” I told him.
 
“I was just with Haeyoung.” He told me.
 
“What?! Why?” I asked him.
 
“She wanted to ask me something important.”
 
“What?”
 
“She wanted to know why you called the wedding off because of her.” He told me.
 
“And what did you tell her?”
 
“The truth Jiyong.  She knows everything now.”
 
“What?”
 
“She knows you’re in love with her. I’m sorry but someone needs to do it. You guys are both stubborn.”
 
“What did she say?” I asked him.
 
“That’s for you to find out.” He told me. “Go find her. You guys need to talk.”
 
“Alright. I’ll call you later.” I told him and drove to Haeyoung’s place.
 
I arrived at her place and got out of my car.  I was walking towards her apartment when I saw her walking.  I stopped in front of her and she stopped when she saw me.  
 
“We need to talk.” I told her and dragged her to my car.
 
“What are you doing? Let me go!”
 
“We need to talk.” I told her.
 
“About what?”
 
“I know you know.” I told her.
 
“About?”
 
“My feelings for you. I know you know everything.” I told her.
 
“And?”
 
“Where do I stand?” 
 
“What do you mean?” She asked.
 
“Do I stand a chance?” 
 
“Look Jiyong. Things are complicated right now. I just need some time.  Everything’s a mess right now.” She told me.
 
“If it’s because you have a daughter then I don’t care.  I don’t care if you have one.  I’ll take care of you and her. Just give me a chance.”
 
“Didn’t you hear me?! I need some time!  You can just walk back into my life and expect me to forgive you!  You really hurt me and I just need time.  Just give me space Jiyong. Once I sort everything out then we’ll talk.  Right now I just need some time alone.” She told me and walked away from me.
 
“You can go back to work! Dara won’t do anything anymore so go back!  Jaewon’s company will be fine!” I yelled at her.  “And I’m never letting you go again!  I know you’ll come back to me!”
 
She didn’t say anything and kept on walking.  Haeyoung, since you know my feelings now… I definitely won’t let you go.