CHAPTER THIRTEEN.

Bad Boy

 

After delivering the good news to Jihae, Jiyong dropped me off at work.  We arrived at Jaewon’s work place.  I was curious about something so I decided to ask him.
 
“You’re Jaewon’s boss right?” I asked him.
 
“Not really.  I just invest in his company.” He told me. 
 
“Ah I see.  But if you asked him to do you favors he would do it for you right?”
 
“Yeah. Why?”
 
“Did you ask him to hire me?” I asked him.
 
“I’m busted huh?” He smiled at me.
 
“Yes you are.” I smiled at him.
 
“He wanted to hire you anyways!  I just influenced him more.  I feel so much safer knowing that you work under him.” He explained.
 
“Thank you.” I smiled at him and leaned in the kiss him. 
 
“You’re welcome.”
 
“I should get going now.  Come over for dinner.” I told him while getting out of the car.
 
“Okay. Do you want me to pick you up?”
 
“It’s okay. Just take Bommie back to the apartment first and I’ll meet you guys there.”
 
“Alright. Call me if anything. Have fun at work and if Dara gives you a hard time don’t hesitate to tell me. I love you.” He said.
 
“Alright dad. I love you too.” I .
 
I walked into the company and Jaewon smiled at me.
 
“I guess hyung finally told you.” He said.
 
“You knew?  Who else knew?” I asked him.
 
“Not a lot.  Just people who can read hyung like a book.” He told me.
 
“Ah I see.  Thanks for hiring me.” I smiled at him.
 
“No problem!  If I didn’t then hyung would’ve killed me.”
 
“And I’ll kill him for you.” I told him.
 
“Thanks noona!  Oh yeah. Hyung told me to protect you from Dara if she gives you a hard time.”
 
“He’s so overprotective!”
 
“It’s because he loves you.  Let’s get to work now!  Dara is coming in twenty minutes.”
 
“Alright.”
 
Twenty minutes later, Dara entered the company.  She saw me but didn’t say anything.  She walked into Jaewon’s office and he called me in.
 
“So do you have a concept you want to do for your wedding?” Jaewon asked her.
 
“I want it to be fairy tale like.” She said.
 
“How are you going to make the set look like?” I asked her.
 
“Don’t talk to me.  You’re not allowed to talk at all.  You’re lucky I’m letting you stay at this company.” Dara snapped at me.
 
“She’s my employee and she’s helping out with this project so she’s allowed to talk.” Jaewon snapped back at her.
 
“Well have someone else help out with this project.  I don’t want her to help me with my project.  Who knows… she might steal my fiancé too.” She said.
 
“That’s enough!  If you don’t like Haeyoung helping out then find someone else to do your photos.  I won’t have you disrespecting my employee.  I’d like for you to leave.” Jaewon said and showed her the door.
 
“Don’t tell me you like her?  Is she sleeping with your or something?  Is that why you’re so over protective of her?” She smirked.
 
I couldn’t take it anymore so I slapped her.  Jaewon and Dara looked shocked at the fact that I slapped Dara.
 
“WHO THE ARE YOU TO SLAP ME?  DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?  HOW DARE YOU SLAP ME WITH YOUR FILTHLY HAND?!” Dara yelled at me.
 
“And who are you to call me a ?  You don’t know anything about me.  Just because you have money doesn’t mean that you can look down on people.  Stop acting like a spoiled princess and get off that high horse of yours.  Don’t you dare yell at my boss or insult him.  He hasn’t done anything wrong to you.  Why do you have a grudge against me still?  You’re getting married to someone else yet you’re still holding a grudge against me because of Jiyong?  Do you still have feelings for Jiyong?  Is that why you’re starting so much ?”
 
“You don’t know anything you !  I don’t even know why Jiyong’s left me for you!  You have nothing to offer and he wouldn’t be happy with you! I can give him everything in this world and you can’t give him anything.  He’ll be bored with you.” She told me.
 
“Really now?  That’s not what he told me last night.” I smirked at her and she just looked pissed off.
 
“Sure you can give him everything in the world.  But there are two things you can give him: love and a daughter.  He wouldn’t trade that for anything in the world.” I told her.
 
“You’re pregnant?  Wow you are a .  You sure do work fast.  I’m going to feel bad for your baby once it’s born.  It’s going to have a for a mother.  Let‘s not hope your child turns out to be a like you.” She told me and I slapped her again.
 
“Don’t you ever talk about my daughter like that.  You don’t know anything about her.” I told her coldly.
 
“You have a daughter?  You really are a !  You’re pregnant with Jiyong’s baby and you have another daughter to the side.” She laughed.
 
“Are you an idiot or did your parents drop you on your head?  I’m not pregnant right now.  Don’t you ever talk about OUR daughter like that.” I smirked at her.
 
“H-how is that possible then?  You guys haven’t seen each other in three years!”
 
“You want to know a secret?  We slept together when he was still with you.” I whispered in her ears. “Are you sure he’s going to get bored of me now?”
 
“Y-you !” She said and was about to slap me but I held onto her wrist.
 
“Get out of here now.  We’ll give you your deposit back.  We don’t need a client like you.  Go ahead and tell people about how ty this place is.  If you do that, I’ll tell your fiancé what kind of a person you’re like and that you’re not over your ex yet.” I threatened her.
 
“You wouldn’t.” She said.
 
“Try me.  I’m sick and tired of you always giving me .  Let’s just say it’s revenge for what you did to my company.” I smirked at her.
 
She just looked at me and left the office.  Stupid girl.  She will never ever change.
 
“I don’t think I ever want to mess with you noona.” Jaewon told me. “You’re scary!”
 
“I’m sorry.  It’s been building up for years now.” I told him.
 
“It’s understandable noona.  Jiyong hyung has to watch out now.  He should never piss you off!” He told me and I just laughed.
 
I went back to my desk and saw my phone ringing.  It was Jiyong.
 
“Hello?” I answered.
 
“How’s work?  Did you eat yet?” He asked me and I just smiled at how caring he is.
 
“It’s okay.  And it’s too early to eat Jiyong.”
 
“Just don’t forget to eat.” He told me.
 
“I know. Did you eat yet?”
 
“I will in a bit.  Just wanted to check up on you.”
 
“I’m fine.” I told him. “Oh yeah. I got into a fight with Dara.”
 
“Did she hurt you?! Are you okay?”
 
“You should ask her that.” I laughed.
 
“Why?”
 
“I slapped her twice and yelled at her.  I even threatened her.” I told him and heard him laughing on the other line.
 
“My girl’s a badass. What happened?”
 
“She was being her usual self and I couldn’t take it anymore.  I told her about our daughter.  I was so mad and I let it slip that you cheated on her when you guys were engaged. I’m sorry.”
 
“It’s okay.  I don’t care about her anymore.  I don’t even know why I was with her.”
 
“Why were you with her?” I asked.
 
“I was an idiot.” He told me. “What happened after your confrontation with her?”
 
“Just told her to get out and that we won’t be working for her.  Threatened to tell her lover about the person she is if she tried to ruin Jaewon’s company.  I also threatened to tell her lover that she’s not over her ex.”
 
“Haeyoung ah. Listen to me very carefully.  I will never get back with Dara.  I love you and only you.  I also love our daughter and I won’t let anything jeopardize our happiness.” He told me and I just smiled.
 
“Why are you telling me that?” I .
 
“I know you only told me that part to test me.  But I’m 100% committed to our family.” He told me.
 
“I like that sound of that. Our family.” I giggled.
 
“I have to go now. I’ll see you later.” He told me.
 
“Alright. I love you.”
 
“I love you too.” He said and hung up.
 
I spent the whole day working with the other clients until it was time for me to go home.
 
“Noona I’ll take you home.” Jaewon offered.
 
“It’s okay. I have to drop by the market and buy some stuff to make dinner.”
 
“I’ll take you noona.” He grinned at me.
 
“It’s okay. You probably have plans.” I told him.
 
“I don’t.  Please let me take you noona.” He begged.
 
“Fine. But you have to stay for dinner.” I told him.
 
“I will.  That’s what I was hoping you would say if I offered to take you home.” He smirked at me.
 
“You loser!” I laughed and we headed to the market.
 
“Noona why are you buying so much food?  I don’t eat that much!” Jaewon told me while pushing the cart.
 
“Well Jiyong and Bommie does.” I replied.
 
“Hyung is going to be there?” He asked.
 
“Yeah.” I told him.
 
“Sweet. And I can’t wait to meet your daughter.  I wonder if she looks like you or hyung.” He told me.
 
“You’ll see.” I grinned at him.
 
After we were done shopping, we headed back to my apartment.  Jiyong and the rest were already there.
 
“Mommy! You’re back!” Jihae yelled and ran towards me.
 
“Yeah. I’m back. Jihae meet my boss.  You can call him Uncle Jaewonnie.” I smiled at her.
 
“You’re handsome uncle Jaewonnie.” Jihae grinned at him.
 
“And you’re a cutie!  You look exactly like your mom!” He told her and picked her up.
 
“Play with me uncle Jaewonnie.  Appa and I were in the middle of drawing a castle!” She told him and he led her into the living room.
 
“You’re home? Let me help you out.” Bommie said and grabbed the bags from me.
 
“Thanks. Let me go change and I’ll come out and cook.” I told her.
 
I went into my room and changed into more comfortable clothing.  I heard a knock on my door and Jiyong walked in.  He walked over to me and hugged me from behind.
 
“I missed you.” He said while kissing my neck.
 
“I missed you too but I have to go cook.”
 
“Let’s just stay here for a bit.” He held onto me tightly.
 
“As tempting as that sounds I need to feed you guys.” I giggled.
 
“Fine. I’ll help you.” He broke the hug and drag me out to the kitchen.
 
“Jiyong ah. It’s fine. Just go hang out with Jihae and Jaewon.  Bommie and I will take care of it.”
 
“But I want to hang out with you. I haven’t seen you since the morning.” He pouted at me.
 
“I’m not going to steal her! Go play with your daughter! No guys allowed in here!” Bommie and pushed him out of the kitchen.  I just stood there and laughed out loud.
 
“You guys are bully! I’m telling Jihae on you guys!” He whined and walked towards the living room.
 
“He’s such a kid! But it’s good to see you smiling like that Haeyoung ah.  I’m happy for you guys.” Bommie smiled at me.
 
“Thanks.  It’s all thanks to you too.  You’re like my sister Bommie.” I told her.
 
“Aw. You’re like my sister too.” Bommie came over and hugged me.
 
“I’m glad I have a best friend like you.” 
 
“Same here. Speaking of best friend, when can I meet your other best friend?”
 
“Ri In?  She’s out of the country.  She’s studying abroad so I don’t know when she’s coming back.  I haven’t spoken to her in a while.” I told her.
 
“Cool. So I’m like your number one best friend right now.” Bommie smiled at me.
 
“Whatever.” I rolled my eyes at her.
 
We were in the middle of cooking when I heard my phone ringing.  It was Chaewon unnie!
 
“Unnie?”
 
“Are you home?”
 
“De. Why?”
 
“Can I come over? I’m so hungry!  Joongki oppa is too.”
 
“Sure but why can’t you cook something?”
 
“I’m lazy and I just want to eat!” She whined.
 
“Okay come over then.  There’s something I need to tell you anyways.” I told her.
 
“Okay.” She hung up.  
 
I haven’t told unnie and oppa about Jiyong and I getting back together.  I wonder how they will react.  I hope they’ll be fine with it.  I hope they don’t hate me.
 
Jiyong’s POV
 
I was sitting on the floor along with Jihae and Jaewon.  I was watching Jihae and Jaewon drawing something on the paper.
 
“That’s not how you draw a lion uncle Jaewonnie!  This is how it looks like!” Jihae was telling Jaewon.
 
“Really? I thought that’s how a lion looks like!” Jaewon smiled at her.
 
“I thought you were suppose to be the smart one uncle Jaewonnie!  That’s a dog not a lion!” Jihae told him and we all laughed at what Jihae said.
 
“I am smart.  I’m pretty sure that’s a lion Jihae.” Jaewon told her.
 
“Ani it’s not.  Daddy isn’t this a dog?  I know it’s not a lion.” She looked up at me and showed me the drawing.
 
“I have to agree with your uncle Jaewon.  It’s a lion kiddo.” I lied to her.
 
“It’s a dog!  It goes arf arf.  Not roar!” Jihae told me and I just laughed at how cute my daughter is.
 
“Jihae what are you yelling at?  And guess who’s here? Your favorite aunt!” I heard someone saying.
 
“Aunt Chaewonnie!” Jihae got up and ran towards Chaewon noona.
 
.  Chaewon noona is here.  Joongki hyung too and they’re going to kick my .  I got up from the floor and turned to them.
 
“Who are you-” Noona started but stopped once she saw me.
 
“Appa is here.” Jihae grinned at me.
 
“Appa?” Noona eyed me.
 
“De.” Jihae smiled at her.
 
“Jihae why don’t you go play with Uncle Joongki while I talk to your appa.  I need to ask him something.” Noona smiled at Jihae.
 
“De.  Don’t steal appa away from me.  He promised to play with me.” She told her.
 
“I won’t. Go show your uncle your room.” 
 
“Jihae. Uncle Jaewon wants to see your room too!” Jaewon said and followed them out of the living room.
 
After they left, noona walked towards me.  I didn’t want to say anything.  I waited for her to say something first.
 
“What are you doing here?  And how’d you find out about Jihae?” She asked me.
 
“Jihae told me.”
 
“Jihae told you?” She asked me.
 
“De.”
 
“How?”
 
“She overheard Haeyoung talking about it and told me.”
 
“Alright. Then why are you here?” She asked me.
 
“Because I’m here to spend time with my family.”
 
“Family?  After all you put Haeyoung through you’re going to call yourself her family?!” She raised her voice.
 
“Noona I know you’re mad but I promise I won’t hurt Haeyoung anymore.  I’ll take care of her noona.  I’ll take care of our daughter too.  Please give me a chance.  I just want to make Haeyoung happy.” I told her.
 
“What if I say no?  What if I don’t approve?” She told me.
 
“I’ll still see her noona.  I know I can make her happy.  I’ll wait until you finally approve of me noona.  Please let me be with her noona.  I can’t live a life without her anymore.  I need both her and Jihae in my life.  I love her.” I told her.
 
“Now you love her?  How do I know you’re not making a bet anymore?” She told me.
 
“You can believe what you want noona but I love your sister.  I’m in love with her.  I’ve been waiting for three years for her to finally come back.  Now that she’s with me, I plan on never letting her go.  I won’t let anything break us up.  I will take care of Haeyoung and Jihae for the rest of my life.  Please believe me noona.  I will never hurt Haeyoung again.  I can’t lose her.  I already lost her once and I’m not going to lose her again.” I told her truthfully.
 
She walked closer to me while glaring at me.
 
“Good.” She smiled at me and hugged me. “Take care of my baby sister.  If you ever make a cry again I’m going to skin you alive.”
 
“Thanks noona and I won’t.  I promise.” I hugged her back.
 
“Unnie? What are you doing?” Haeyoung walked into the living room and we broke the hug.
 
“Just welcoming Jiyong into the family.” Noona smiled at her. “I’ll go set up the table.”
 
“De.” Haeyoung told her and noona left the living room.
 
I walked over to Haeyoung with a big grin on my face.  I pulled her into a hug.
 
“Why are you hugging me?”
 
“Because I’m happy.  I’m happy that we’re together.  I’m happy that we have a great daughter.  I’m happy that your sister approves of me.  And I’m happy because I love you.” I hugged her tightly.
 
“I’m happy too.  I’ve never been this happy before.  Thank you Jiyong ah.  I love you.” She hugged me back.
 
"I can't wait to move in with you. I can't wait to live with the two of you guys. We will be a family soon." I smiled at her.
 
"I can't wait either! Stay the night. Jihae will love that." She smiled at me.
 
"Okay." I smiled at her and leaned in to give her a kiss.
 
"Haeyoung ah, let's eat! I'm hungry!" Bom walked into the living room. "Oh god. Is this what I'm getting myself into?!"
 
We both just laughed at her.
 
"I think I should rethink about living with you guys!" Bom whined.
 
"Rethink what?" Noona walked into the room with Joongki hyung.
 
"Living with these love sick kids." Bom said and noona and hyung laughed.
 
"You still have a chance to escape!" Noona teased.
 
"We can hear you guys you know!" Haeyoung pouted.
 
"We know." The three of them smirked.
 
"You guys are so mean!" She whined and hid her face into my chest.
 
"I love you." I grinned and the three of them made vomit noises.
 
"Stop being like this! It's your fault that they're teasing us!" She whined and I just laughed.
 
"I'm sorry baby. I can't help it." I told her.
 
"Gross. I think I'm out of here." Noona said and the others followed her.
 
"I hate you." She pouted at me.
 
"And I love you." I pulled her into a kiss.
 
I know I say this a lot but I’m so happy with my life right now.  I have the perfect woman and the perfect daughter.  I have the perfect family.  I feel that nothing is going to happen now and we will live happily together.  But I was wrong.  Completely wrong.