CHAPTER SEVEN.

Bad Boy

 

I arrived at Chaewon unnie’s apartment.
 
“Haeyoung did you bring the sweets?” She asked me. “What’s wrong? Why are you crying? Did that do something again??”
 
“Unnie. I want to go somewhere far away.  Is that possible?” I asked her.
 
“What are you talking about? You better not kill yourself!” She yelled at me.
 
“I want to go live somewhere far away.  I want to get away from it all.” I told her. “ I want to travel for a while.”
 
“Go then. Nothing’s stopping you. You have all the time in the world now.” She told me.
 
“Should I? Should I just leave Korea and travel the world?” I asked her.
 
“If that’s what’s going to make you happy then yes you should.”
 
“Anything would make me happy as long as I don’t see him.”
 
“What happened Haeyoung? What did he do?”
 
“It was all a bet unnie.  He was only with me because of a bet.  I at least thought he was with me because he cared for me and was attracted to me.  Now I know why he didn’t want to marry me and why he didn’t love me.  It was all a lie.  I feel so stupid unnie.  I gave him a second chance to be my friend but he screwed that up too.  I’m so stupid unnie.” I cried and felt her hugging me.
 
“I’m going to skin him alive and then kill him.  Haeyoung ah. Go on a vacation.  You need it.  Go and forget about him.  You deserve it.” She told me.
 
“You’re right. I’m going on a vacation.  I do deserve it! Unnie book me a flight to anywhere!” I told her.
 
“Alright. Anywhere? When do you want to go?” 
 
“Tonight. Book me a flight to anywhere.” I told her.
 
Jiyong’s POV
 
After hanging out with the guys, I decided to go home and call it a night.  I couldn’t sleep that night.  I kept on thinking about what Youngbae and I were talking about when we were at the club.
 
FLASHBACK
 
“What do you need to talk to me about?”  I asked Youngbae.
 
“What’s wrong with you? I know something’s bothering you.” He told me.
 
“Nothing’s wrong. I’m just tired.” I told him.
 
“Don’t lie to me. I know you better than that Ji.” He told me.
 
“It’s nothing.” I told him.
 
“Is it because of Dara? Did you guys fight again?”
 
“No. It’s not because of her.” I told him.
 
“Then what?”
 
“It’s nothing.”
 
“Tell me Ji.”
 
I didn’t say anything and just looked to the floor.
 
“Is it because of Haeyoung?”
 
I didn’t say anything.  Why couldn’t I say anything?
 
“Why can’t you say anything Ji? Are you having second thoughts about your wedding?  Have you’ve finally fallen in love with Haeyoung?”
 
“WHY THE HELL DO YOU KEEP ON TELLING ME THAT I’M IN LOVE WITH MOON HAEYOUNG?! I’M NOT IN LOVE WITH HER.  DID YOU FORGET THE REASON WHY I FIRST APPROACHED HER?  IT WAS ALL FOR A STUPID BET!  I’VE NEVER BEEN IN LOVE WITH HER NOR AM I IN LOVE WITH HER! STOP SAYING STUPID LIKE THAT!”  I snapped at her.
 
“You’re an idiot Kwon Jiyong.  You keep on denying it but that just proves that you love Haeyoung.  You’ve always been in love with her but you were too stupid to realize it.  That’s the truth.”
 
“I-I don’t love her.” I stuttered.
 
“Keep telling yourself that Ji.  You keep this up and you’re going to lose her to someone else.  I saw the way you looked at TOP when he offered to set her up with one of his friends.  You looked like you were about to rip him apart.” He told me. “Keep on denying it Ji but I know you’re in love with her. It’s always been her Ji.  You were just too stubborn to admit that you love her.  It was never a bet to you from the start.”
 
“Can we not talk about this and just go in?” I told him.
 
“Fine. But I hope you make the right decision Ji.” He told me and we both headed in the club.
 
END OF FLASHBACK
 
Why do I keep on replaying what Youngbae told me over and over?  And why do I keep on replaying Haeyoung and I kissing over and over too?  I’ve never been like this when it came to Dara or any other girls.  It’s not like it’s my first time kissing Haeyoung.  I wonder what she’s doing and if she’s home yet.  Wait why do I even care about what she’s doing?  It’s not even my business.  I kept on tossing and turning in bed.  Why can’t I sleep?  I can’t do this anymore!  I took out my phone and dialed Youngbae’s number.
 
“What’s up Ji? It’s two in the morning.” He yawned.
 
“We slept together.” I told him.
 
“You and Dara? You’re calling me this late just to tell me that?”
 
“No. Haeyoung and I.” I told him.
 
“WHAT?! YOU GUYS SLEPT TOGETHER?! WHEN?! HOW?! HOW COME YOU’RE TELLING ME NOW?!” 
 
“It happened a few weeks ago.  We were both drunk and it just happened. We both decided to forget about it and we did. But then we kissed each other.  This time the both of us were sober.  Again we decided to forget about it.  Ever since that I’ve been thinking about her nonstop.  What does it mean Youngbae?  I regret everything I did to Haeyoung.  I regret hurting her.  The only reason why I told Dara that I didn’t like the way Haeyoung was planning our wedding is because I didn’t want Haeyoung to plan our wedding.  I didn’t want to see her hurt.” I told him and I heard him sighing over the phone.
 
“How the hell did this get so complicated Ji?  If you were honest with your feelings before than none of this would have happened.  I already told you right?  I always knew you were in love with her but I was just waiting for you to finally realize it.  Now it’s too late.”
 
“Why didn’t you tell me all this back then?  I’m such an idiot.” I told him.
 
“What are you going to do now?” He asked me.
 
“I don’t know. What should I do Youngbae?”
 
“I can’t tell you what to do Ji.  This is all up to you now.  Just do what you feel is the right thing and that would make you happy.” He told me.
 
“Okay. Thanks Youngbae.” I told him.
 
“No problem. I’m going back to sleep now. Night.” He told me.
 
“Night.”
 
I really am an idiot.  What am I going to do now?  I know that I still have feelings for Haeyoung but what am I going to do about Dara?  I can’t just call off the wedding.  I have feelings for Dara too.  God, when did things get this complicated.  I’ll just sleep it off and decided what to do tomorrow.
 
I woke up the next day and I wanted to see Haeyoung.  I need to talk to her.  I got dressed and headed towards her apartment.  I knocked on the door.  No one answered.  I guess she’s not home but where did she go this early in the morning?  I remembered her saying how she was going over to Chaewon noona’s place.  I ran to my car and drove to Chaewon noona’s place.  I knocked on the door and she opened the door.
 
“What do you want?” She asked me coldly.
 
“Can I talk to Haeyoung?” I asked her.
 
“No.”
 
“Please. I need to talk to her.” I told her.
 
“Well I don’t care.  You can’t talk to her.” 
 
“Noona please?”
 
“Don’t call me noona.  And you can’t talk to my sister.”
 
“Please let me talk to her.”
 
“Why? Are you going to make her cry again?” 
 
“Let me just talk to Haeyoung.”
 
“Well you can’t.  She’s not in Korea.”
 
“What do you mean she’s not in Korea?! She was just here last night!” I shouted.
 
“Quiet down will you?  She’s on vacation.  She needs to be away from you.  Just leave her alone right now.” 
 
“Can you tell me when she gets back?”
 
“Whatever.” She rolled her eyes and closed the door on me.
 
Where the hell did she even go?  And why was Haeyoung crying?  What did I do now?
 
It’s been a month and there was still no news of Haeyoung.  Why isn’t she back yet?  Where did she even go?  Even her sister couldn’t get a hold of her. Where are you Haeyoung?  Did something happen to you.
 
Dara has been acting strange.  She wants to rush the wedding.  We’re getting married in two weeks. I’ve been waiting for Haeyoung to come back so we can talk and sort out everything.  At this point I don’t know if I want to marry Dara anymore.  I feel like she’s rushing things.  I was currently at Dara’s parents’ house eating dinner with them when my phone started ringing.  It was Chaewon noona.  I excused myself and picked up the phone.
 
“Noona? Any news of Haeyoung?” I asked her.
 
“Haeyoung’s not coming back.  She left for good.” She told me.
 
“What do you mean she left for good?”
 
“She’s not coming back to Korea.  She won’t even tell me where she is but she says she’s not returning anymore.”
 
“That can’t be! She has to come back!” I shouted.
 
“Well I can’t do anything.  She made up her mind and I’m just telling you.  So stop trying to look for her and move on Jiyong.  Don’t you have to get married soon? Just focus on your wedding and leave my sister alone.  You’ve hurt her enough.”
 
“Please tell me where she is.”
 
“I really don’t know where she is.” 
 
“Noona!”
 
“Don’t noona me.  Just leave her alone you .  Why are you even bothering her?”
 
“I care for her noona!”
 
“Care for her my .  It was just all a bet.”
 
“A bet?”
 
How did Haeyoung find out?!
 
“Yes. She said she overheard you talking to the guys.”
 
“It’s all a misunderstanding noona! Please tell me where she is!”
 
“I don’t know where she is.  Just let it be a misunderstanding Jiyong.  This is the only way my sister can be happy. Please I’m begging you.” 
 
“Is she really that unhappy noona?”
 
“She is.  Please just let her move on and live her life.  If you want to make her happy then that’s what you should do.”
 
“Alright noona. I won’t bother again.” I told her.
 
“Thank you.”
 
I guess I made my decision.  I choose Dara.  I’m going marry Dara and I’m going to let Haeyoung be happy.  I won’t make her cry anymore and I’ll let her move on and live her life.  I already ruined it enough.